Car or taxi from AMS to Amsterdam

I know there is a train, that is not too expensive and super efficient, but coming off a long haul flight I don't want to be dragging cruise luggage around.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a local car service, or are taxis reasonably easy to come by at the airport and hopefully not too outrageously expensive.

Of course there will be cabs. But prices will be based on your destination. a while back I think I read about 45 euro.

Honestly, the train is NOT bad. Remember the platforms are even with the train cars and it is easy to get luggage on and off. A big problem here in the states with train travel.

If you are staying at a hotel, I'd contact them and see what they suggest. Many hotels use car services and have regular cab companies and will help prebook if you need.

Two years ago it was 50 Euro between AMS and the cruise port via taxi. It felt almost like a "flat fee," because it was the same going to the port as it was returning to the airport 2 weeks later.

• 3 months later...
We are arriving back in Amsterdam on a Saturday and need to get a taxi ASAP to make our flight. Are taxis available early on a Saturday morning at the pier?

Yes but remember others will want one as well

I would pre book a taxi or private driver if you are in a rush

We are arriving back in Amsterdam on a Saturday and need to get a taxi ASAP to make our flight. Are taxis available early on a Saturday morning at the pier?

In general yes. But if the weather isnot so nice sometimes you have to wait a while.

Throuigh the schiphol website you can prebook a cab.

http://www.schiphol.nl/Travellers/ToFromSchiphol/SchipholTravelTaxi.htm

Edited by Ine

We are staying a few days in Amsterdam after our cruise this fall. Will just take a cab from the pier to our hotel. Plan to take the shuttle from hotel to airport. How far in advance should I book the shuttle from our hotel to the airport? Am I correct that the ride will take approximately 30 minutes from Estherea Hotel to AMS?

We are staying a few days in Amsterdam after our cruise this fall. Will just take a cab from the pier to our hotel. Plan to take the shuttle from hotel to airport. How far in advance should I book the shuttle from our hotel to the airport? Am I correct that the ride will take approximately 30 minutes from Estherea Hotel to AMS?

Like I wrote in another section with this question, yes it might be 30 minutes. But i depends also in how many hotels the shuttle needs to pick up passengers.

Make sure you check with the shuttle service re your flight time and the time of arrival at the airport for your shuttle. Their pick up time for you might be the first of a couple or more stops. So don't just assume you'll be at the airport in 30 min. from YOUR pick up time.;)

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone experience in getting a shuttle/taxi to the cruise terminal in Ijmuiden and not downtown Amsterdam?

As far as I know there is no direct shuttle (unless offered by your cruise line.) Check the Schiphol airport website, by filling out the zipcode of the place you want to go to you can check the price for cabs, or maybe a combined shuttle as mentioned on the website.

http://www.schiphol.nl/Travellers/ToFromSchiphol/SchipholTravelTaxi.htm