Divi Little Bay Resort

Domino D

Has anyone done excursions at this resort?

Is there a water taxi from cruise pier to this area?

You book them through this site

http://www.stmaarten-activities.com/index.php/cruise-ship-select-tours

It's been a few years since I've been to Little Bay but you can go to the beach via taxi but not water taxi. $10 for two each way and it takes about 10 minutes. The beach is public like all the beaches on the island. I personally would just taxi on my own and rent chairs and an umbrella. That shouldn't cost more than $20 for two. That's only $40 total and you can purchase food or rent kayaks etc at the Aquamania watersports centre when you get there. This way if you have has too much sun the day before or you get a rainy day or perhaps you just decide to do something different you can alter your plans without losing any money.

It's been a few years since I've been to Little Bay but you can go to the beach via taxi but not water taxi. $10 for two each way and it takes about 10 minutes. The beach is public like all the beaches on the island. I personally would just taxi on my own and rent chairs and an umbrella. That shouldn't cost more than $20 for two. That's only $40 total and you can purchase food or rent kayaks etc at the Aquamania watersports centre when you get there. This way if you have has too much sun the day before or you get a rainy day or perhaps you just decide to do something different you can alter your plans without losing any money.

Thanks Karysa that is great input, and I like the idea of doing it on or own if we can.

I am actually disappointed that excursions now are booked here. It has become my go to beach for a quiet, un crowded day even with many ships in port. Hope that does not change too much.

There are two resorts on this beach, this along with its proximity to the cruise port makes this a very good business decision for Aquamania and the resorts.

Sounds like we'll do our snorkeling in Grand Turk (weather permitting) and just make St Martin a beach day.

After visiting pretty much every reachable, swimmable beach on the island I would suggest choosing another beach as your beach day. There's lots of information on beaches here so look around and find the beach that has what you are looking for. :)

Edited by Karysa

After visiting pretty much every reachable, swimmable beach on the island I would suggest choosing another beach as your beach day. There's lots of information on beaches here so look around and find the beach that has what you are looking for. :)

Do you have a suggestion for a quiet, read a book under an umbrella, swim a little beach. On Antigua, we went to a small resort called Coconut Grove, Had a small but private beach. Was really peaceful and quiet, and was one of our favorite days at the beach. Of course at Grand Turk one time we just hung out at the cruise terminal beach and still had a great time. I'm a day at the beach, how bad could it be.

Do you have a suggestion for a quiet, read a book under an umbrella, swim a little beach. On Antigua, we went to a small resort called Coconut Grove, Had a small but private beach. Was really peaceful and quiet, and was one of our favorite days at the beach. Of course at Grand Turk one time we just hung out at the cruise terminal beach and still had a great time. I'm a day at the beach, how bad could it be.

Well a quiet beach with umbrella rentals might be asking for too much the day before Christmas in St. Maarten but Le Galion and Mullet are a couple of my favorite beaches that are easily reached from the port by taxi.

Allentown,

Out of curiosity, what's your favorite St Martin?St Marteen beach?

Now mind you I have not been to that many beaches in St. Martin but I really like Divi and dislike Orient. I detest sitting in traffic. Most will tell you there are better beaches and that is probably true but Divi works for me. Nice beach, loungers, food and drink available and quiet.

Ruth

Now mind you I have not been to that many beaches in St. Martin but I really like Divi and dislike Orient. I detest sitting in traffic. Most will tell you there are better beaches and that is probably true but Divi works for me. Nice beach, loungers, food and drink available and quiet.

Ruth

Can you tell me if Divi beach is good for swimming? Not too rough? Sounds like it has everything we're looking for but I'm not a super strong swimmer so really rough water is not for me. Thank you for your input.

Cathy

Can you tell me if Divi beach is good for swimming? Not too rough? Sounds like it has everything we're looking for but I'm not a super strong swimmer so really rough water is not for me. Thank you for your input.

Cathy

Its not known to be rough, has a lovely view IMO but the quality of the sand is not as fine as other beaches and that and being a resort beach would be the only two negatives to me.

Does Little Divi Bay offer parasailing tours from there?

Swimgirl,

This company is in Great Bay, right near the cruise ship terminal.

http://no1sxm.com/location.html

There is a company called "Size Matters Adventures" that shows up in some reviews. They do/did parasailing and are/were in Little Bay, but I don't see anything current for them.

Coconut Grove is directly adjacent to the Timeshare where we have two weeks on Antigua, Antigua Village Beach Club, which is directly adjacent to the Sandals Antigua resort.

We enjoy Dickenson Bay, but from our location I wouldn't exactly describe it as peaceful and quiet.

On St. Maarten, Divi might work for you, but le Galion, Mullet or some remote beaches (if you have a car) might be better.

gary

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! We will be in St. Martin next week on our cruise...Been there once before and spent most of our time on Pinel Island (which was fabulous)!

Traveling with a larger crowd this time and was hoping for something closer to the pier. We'd like food, lounge chairs, umbrellas, and the possibility of snorkeling from shore...Not sure if that's realistic, but I'd narrowed our options down to the Divi in Little Bay and Mr. Busby's on Dawn Beach.

Any advice? What's the cost for a day pass at Divi?

Thanks!!

Hi! We will be in St. Martin next week on our cruise...Been there once before and spent most of our time on Pinel Island (which was fabulous)!

Traveling with a larger crowd this time and was hoping for something closer to the pier. We'd like food, lounge chairs, umbrellas, and the possibility of snorkeling from shore...Not sure if that's realistic, but I'd narrowed our options down to the Divi in Little Bay and Mr. Busby's on Dawn Beach.

Any advice? What's the cost for a day pass at Divi?

Thanks!!

I have not been there yet. We are going at Christmas. Here is the site that caused me to ask the question in the first place. Scroll about half way down, you'll see Divi Beach Day and Deluxe Divi Beach Day.

http://www.stmaarten-activities.com/index.php/cruise-ship-select-tours

Have fun.

I'm pretty sure that neither Busby's (Dawn Beach) or Dive (Little Bay) offer day passes.

You just show up and pay for chair rentals, drinks and food.

The last I checked, a taxi from the Cruise Facility to Divi was $4 per person, each way, and to Dawn Beach it was $15 for two, down to $6 or $7 pp for more passengers.

Divi has some snorkeling far off to the left facing the water, and Dawn has some snorkeling at a swim-able off-shore reef.

Divi has usually calm water on their mostly artificial man-made beach, and Dawn has great sand and a surf that can get very wild and un-snorkleable under many conditions, as it faces the open Atlantic and anything that the weather brings in.

gary

• 2 weeks later...