HarmonyOTS cabin 11172 for 5 adults??

gizmo42

Hi,

I am taking my 4 adult children andtheir spouses for a week on the Harmony OTS in December, 2018. Sincethere are 9 of us, the travel agent I decided to use suggested cabin11172 for 5 of us and two OV Bals for the other four. In thecurrent deck plans 11172 is a Family OV balcony. In the new deckplans for our sailing it is Ultra Spacious OV with large balcony.They both have the same square footage listed on deck plans. I amhaving second thoughts about 5 of us in one cabin so any opinions orexperience you can share would be helpful.

Thanks, Gail

Gail, it depends on how much "togetherness" your family likes/can endure.

This would mean two adults in the main bed, two adults either in pullman beds or in the sofabed, and one adult either in the sofabed or one of the pullmans.

How does that sound to you?

One bathroom.

Why not get two balcony cabins next to each other and then two insides across the hall - 4 cabins for 9 people and 4 bathrooms! Use the balcony cabins for the meeting place (get the divider between the balconies opened if it is possible). Everyone gets a little space for themselves.

I would not book 5 people in one cabin. Our family just got off HOTS this past Saturday. My cousins and their father had accidentally made a mistake with their booking. They didn’t realize that their father had put them in one room. They assumed it was as two cabins. He has two cabin initially when he made his first booking but had booked on the wrong date and switched. They were 4 adults and one child. The cabin was 11170. They were not happy at all with the arrangements. Major problem was the bathroom issue. Only one bathroom for 5 people. In addition, they often was bumping into one another due to the sleeping arrangements with the beds being so close together. My suggestion would be to break up the five into two cabins. Three and two for each cabin. If you can get connecting rooms, that would be ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you to everyone who replied. I really value your opinions. They confirmed what I suspected, it will be very cramped:eek::eek:. Definitely going to get 2 cabins in place of the 1 family cabin. I try to take everyone on a family trip every 3-4 years and I want us to be able to enjoy it.

Thank you to everyone who replied. I really value your opinions. They confirmed what I suspected, it will be very cramped:eek::eek:. Definitely going to get 2 cabins in place of the 1 family cabin. I try to take everyone on a family trip every 3-4 years and I want us to be able to enjoy it.

You made the right decision for sure.

My DW and myself had cabin 7330....Family Balcony on the TA. It was huge and would easily sleep six.

2 bunks

2 beds

Sleeper couch.

Still not sure how we were able to book it as only 2 paxs??

I'm sure there is a video on YouTube.

Still only one bathroom....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't want to be the one breaking it to the couple that had to take the pullmans! You might want to consider booking a larger cabin for whichever couple is going to be sharing with you though (you said 4 adult children and their spouses, and a total of 9 people so I assume you're not getting your own cabin).