VIFP question

SFplusP

I am the only one in our group who has a carnival online log in, however our family of 4 travels together. I do all the bookings and am the only one with a VIFP number.

This cruise will be our second, so we turn red. I see we get a 1 liter bottle of water. Will just I get it, or will we get 1 each?

Does Carnival keep track of the names, or only the VIFP numbers? If my husband booked without me, would it keep him moving up, or no? Basically I'm just curious if I'm the only red member since I'm the one with the account, or if we all are considered. Next cruise we'll be gold since this one is b2b, so I wanna make sure we get the most of our stuff :)

Everyone who has sailed has a unique past guest #. Carnival does keep track of each guest's number of nights sailed.

Not everyone who has a past guest # has signed up on Carnival's website for the VIFP.

Everyone gets the perks based on their personal number of nights sailing, whether they have signed up on the VIFP program or not.

And I believe, (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong), that every person with a red card will receive the water.

Hope this answers your question.

Edited by ScottsSweetie

Whether you have a carnival account or not, you have a VIFP number and your whole family is moving up. You should see everyone's current VIFP number on your booking online. I believe something also prints on your boarding docs regarding your VIFP level.

Go to manage>my bookings, look under the guest tab. It lists the numbers there.

My kids don't have accounts but are gold. :)

Edited by AngAndBoys

"We" won't be gold, just you. Just go online and sign everyone up so they get their own VIFP account. There is no reason not to. There are loads of small children that are platinum and some even diamond.

I don't think having a VIFP has anything to do with color of your card. Color of your card is based on nights sailed, which is tied to your past guest number that you receive on your first cruise (even if a passenger doesn't realize that they have one).

Do you have to have an email address to sign up? My kids are 5 and 2, so they don't have their own emails or phone numbers or anything

DH and I use the same email address with different passwords to sign into our VIFP accounts. I have never signed up with the VIFP for my 19 year olds who will be on their 4th cruise this year - but they will still receive all the perks due them.

So just a stupid question about the "red card" and the water. Do they leave the water in the room for you? Does it tell you that it's "yours" without having to pay for it? This is only our second Carnival cruise, so I'm unaware of the "perks" you get and don't want to see a bottle of water in my room and not touch it because I think it's part of the bar set up or something you have to pay for.

I haven't cruised since this program started, but I'm guessing the details will be on a letter that will be in your cabin upon embarkation.

On our last cruise our kids had red cards and got the free drink coupon which was in our stateroom when we boarded - I'm guessing the water and/or details will be in that info on your desk.

So just a stupid question about the "red card" and the water. Do they leave the water in the room for you? Does it tell you that it's "yours" without having to pay for it? This is only our second Carnival cruise, so I'm unaware of the "perks" you get and don't want to see a bottle of water in my room and not touch it because I think it's part of the bar set up or something you have to pay for.

The water should have a paper with it telling you it is a gift.

They do leave a one liter bottle of Crystal Geyser water in your cabin for you with a tag that reads that it is for you as a returning guest.

Since it will be the second cruise for all of you are red, you will each get a bottled water.

I am the only one in our group who has a carnival online log in, however our family of 4 travels together. I do all the bookings and am the only one with a VIFP number.

This cruise will be our second, so we turn red. I see we get a 1 liter bottle of water. Will just I get it, or will we get 1 each?

Does Carnival keep track of the names, or only the VIFP numbers? If my husband booked without me, would it keep him moving up, or no? Basically I'm just curious if I'm the only red member since I'm the one with the account, or if we all are considered. Next cruise we'll be gold since this one is b2b, so I wanna make sure we get the most of our stuff :)

No gift tag on our water last month on the Dream just the welcome back letter taped to the cap. So there are various ways they will indicate the bottle is free to drink.

Also ours was not in our cabin on Embarkation day it was delivered the day before our first port day, while some on our roll call did not receive theirs until the night before the last port day.

No gift tag on our water last month on the Dream just the welcome back letter taped to the cap. So there are various ways they will indicate the bottle is free to drink.

Also ours was not in our cabin on Embarkation day it was delivered the day before our first port day, while some on our roll call did not receive theirs until the night before the last port day.

That's not very useful for those who intend to use it DURING the cruise![emoji6]

We got ours the morning of the first sea day. It was useful, I drank more water than I ever do on vacation. Little tough on port days though, it is the gigantic bottle. I would tell anyone eligible to ask if they don't get theirs by day 2 or for sure by the first port day.

That's not very useful for those who intend to use it DURING the cruise![emoji6]

Here is a chart that shows what you get at each level of the VIFP club:

http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/benefits.aspx

We got our waters on the second full day. There was a welcome letter under the water.

There will be a larger water on the counter as part of the mini-bar. It would be awful for someone to take that water on the first day, thinking it was their perk... and then be charged 5.25 for it. :\

Everyone has their own VIFP number. You can find the VIFP number for each person on his/her Sail & Sign card. Each person gets his/her own perks based on the number of VIFP points they have (1 point for each night sailed). Your husband can create his own account online if he wants and that is not a bad idea since Carnival may send certain targeted offers to one spouse but not the other (although everyone booked in the same cabin can benefit). You can always link the accounts when you book in the future. But your DH will "keep moving up" regardless of whether he does create his own online account. Here's a link to the VIFP benefits based on points earned:

http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/benefits.aspx

Have a great cruise!

Edited by winddawn

So will we get 4 waters, one for each person?

Just for the returning red level cruisers. The notification should have the name of the cruiser on it that it is for. If you have any questions, just ask your room steward. Also, if your worried about using the pay for items accidentally in your cabin, you can ask your steward to remove them.

Edited by scuabacruiser