Things to do for family of 6. 4 children aged 14,11,8,5.

Familyfuntimes

Are you going on the Dream? We will be on her De 18-26 and in GC we are going on the Stringray City tour. Do you think that would work for your family?

Hi we are on the epic from 23rd to 30th Dec. I literally haven't looked at much but would definitely like to get off the boat and do something has I doubt we will go back again.

Stingray City is the most popular excursion. There's also the Turtle Farm if your kids are into animals.

What kinds of things does your family enjoy? A few more details will help us make better suggestions

Go to your library and check out a guidebook. GC has beaches, the stingrays, rum factories, turtles, .....and I'm sure other stuff, as well! A bit of research will stand you in good stead! GC is VERY easy to DIY! No excursions are needed, unless you need a boat trip or something like that.

I'm interested in this thread. I don't want to start a new one so I hope I don't hijack this OP. I've spent sometime researching GC stuff but I'm still not sure.

We are a family of 5. All girls but me lol. Kids ages will be 14, 11, and 3...my girls are not real adventurous so sting ray stuff is out. What we'd like is a beach day that has do on your own snorkeling. Our day at GC has 4 big boats so it'll probably be crowded on 7 mile. But it seems fun activities there maybe? Other spot not far from port? Hotel beach areas?

Any opinion on where we should go to just have a fun relaxing day at the beach with some on your own snorkeling? Treasure island hotel good? Any other hotel beach area? I dunno GC looks beautiful but we want to relax with kids and have some drinks, nice bathrooms, be able to snorkel on our own(I realize not great but ok snorkeling would be nice) and maybe some fun Kids stuff to do/rent? I'm making a big deal about it but it's a lil overwhelming with all the info provided here! I'm trying. Or should we just do an excursion...

We love waves and fun people and drinks! We are very outgoing. I don't want a secluded beach with nothing to do...I'm not on my honeymoon!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by 956wenbrook

I would definitely do string ray city and the hit the turtle farm. Look on Trip Adviser and book on your own, we've used Capt. Marvin's. The benefit doing it on your own is that it's cheaper and you can look at a smaller boat, meaning less people and more personal service. You should also have time for a quick trip to the rum cake factory and a stroll around town with a few thousand of your closest friends.

There are a few things that you can do:

#1 - Stingray City - You will need a tour here as it's out in the water and you cannot access on your own. There will be a variety of vendors from the internet, on shore when you dissembark and on the ship. You have a large choice, but they all go to the same places. Usually the privately owned tours (vs. the ship tours) will have smaller boats and more personal experiences. It really is a fun thing to do!

#2 - Turtle Farm - It's popular, but not as much fun as Stingray City. some people combine them both. You walk around and look at the turtles in different stages of their lives in the tanks. They also have a swimming area (I have not see this) that you can use.

#3 - Seven Mile Beach (easily combinable with one of the two above). It's a beach that runs all along the road from just north of town up to Hell (or somewhere around there). It's a public beach and has some places with facilities, some with better snorkeling, some with water toys, some with food/chairs/umbrella rentals.

#4 - tour to Hell (little post office in the town of Hell), rum cake factory, etc.

#5 - Rent a car/jeep and drive to Rum Point. This is a nice 45 or so minute drive to a beautiful little beach area, but if you can combine it with a Stingray tour, even better. The starfish are in this area as well.

#5 - Jolly Rodger Pirate ship sail. This is a replica of a Pirate ship in which the staff dress and act like pirates. They usually include lunch and drink and run all kinds of games and music onboard. It's fun for families! Those brave enough can walk the plank and jump into the water.

If you want to snorkel, there are a couple of really nice places (no beach) to snorkel just a short walk from the pier to the left: Paradise Grill, Eden Rock Dive shop and a little further down, Sunset House.

You will tender (take a boat from the ship) right into the center of Georgetown which is a very nice little town to wander around and shop. Food will be on the expensive side and it will be busy, but safe. Nice, clean town. Remember which tender pier you get dropped off at, as there are three (they are close to each other).

There are a few things that you can do:

Stingray City - You will need a tour here as it's out in the water and you cannot access on your own. There will be a variety of vendors from the internet, on shore when you dissembark and on the ship. You have a large choice, but they all go to the same places.

Jolly Rodger Pirate ship sail. This is a replica of a Pirate ship in which the staff dress and act like pirates. They usually include lunch and drink and run all kinds of games and music onboard. It's fun for families! Those brave enough can walk the plank and jump into the water.

Your family would really enjoy either of the above two. :D

If the 14 yr old can handle a jet ski with the 11 yr old as a rider, and the younger kids can ride with the parents, I'd look at the Fat Fish Adventures excursion. It's a nice day with a small group and a personal experience.

If not comfortable with that, one of the better daysails to stingray city would be a fun day folowed by lunch at the Paradise Seaside Grill. We were disappointed in the Turtle Farm, but we weren't there during a show and it was low season as well so it was pretty boring. So just be aware of that if you decide to go there as it is a drive.

• 3 weeks later...