New changes in beach bed/beach bungalows at Cococay???

I'm sailing on the Enchantment of the seas in September and was going to book a beach bed or a bungalow but noticed some changes. In recent posts and reviews I have heard that with both options there is a private lunch. When I went to purchase the beach bed it went down from $150 to $125 and it no longer says anything but that a buffet lunch is available. It says the same thing on the beach bungalow option as well. Has anyone recently been to Cococay and seen the changes?

The private lunch was severed when we were there in December. We ordered the hamburger and it wasn't warm/hot it was more like room temperature. You also have to wait for them to come to you to order and bring you your food. If you are exploring the island you can miss the opportunity to order lunch and then have to go and track then down and hope there is something you like available to eat. Once we saw they were taking orders for lunch we actually sat in our bungalow waiting for them to get to us. Then wait for them to bring us our food. Another option is to walk or take the tram to where the main buffet is set up. I can see them doing away with the whole lunch menu option., I personally didn't want to be restricted to a small window of time in order to get food.

Also, those beach beds and bungalows are at the far end of the island, away from everything. The water there was too low for swimming or wading especially during low tide, it was calf deep at best. As the tide went out we were left with a lot of sea grass in front of our bungalow.

We always book cabanas or a bungalow when we go to private island. We will be going back to Coco Cay in October and I am not booking a bungalow this time, unless they change location.

Just speculating here regarding price drop and lunch change. Maybe they are not being sold out hence the price drop. If anyone has ever followed the pricing of cabanas and bungalows they price tends to go up as the demand does.

As for lunch maybe there were too many complaints so they stopped doing it. Or on the positive side maybe, just maybe, RC set up another buffet there. I doubt this last option since there are not many guest down that end of the island.

Hope things work out for you.

Thanks!!! I wonder if it's changed recently?

Was just at coco cay on the 16th and had a bungalow and did not experience any issue with sea grass but the water is shallow as has been said here. They had us put our lunch order in the night before so we had no issues with that and food was delivered as they said it would be around 11:30. Lunch was not greatest meal ever but was good and did not go hungry on an all around perfect day

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

does anyone know the approximate time they come around to the beds for the food order. or do you order in your cabin for the next day?

trying to decide to jump on the 100 dollar sale right now on my cruise. i understand the beds are in the most remote area but you are there to relax and do nothing :)

does anyone know the approximate time they come around to the beds for the food order. or do you order in your cabin for the next day?

trying to decide to jump on the 100 dollar sale right now on my cruise. i understand the beds are in the most remote area but you are there to relax and do nothing :)

Was there a couple weeks ago in a bungalow and they had us fill out the food order the day before and they started bringing lunch around 11:30

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

We had a beach bed booked last week (Grandeur) but met people with a cabana who invited us to join them, so I canceled.

There was a pre-order lunch menu in out packet. You had to return the filled out menu to the excursions desk to get our tickets for the beach beds.

Interesting choices, including cerviche and fish tacos.

There was also a buffet set up behind the beach beds and bungalows.

• 8 months later...

I was there in May and it was low tide so that was not so great. I had a clamshell and it got real hot in there by noon time.

Can anyone share their experience with the beach bed? How much sun protection did you get? Was it hot? Is it worth the price?

As for lunch, we took the tram and got our own food. They just need to provide larger trams or come more often though. Waiting in the hot sun was no fun.