Spices tea and rubber questions

Tony UK

This will be our first Azamara from Dubai to Singapore. We want to stay for 3 nights in Dubai. We have booked our flight. Do Azamara offer pre cruise hotel packages? Any ideas which hotel Azamara use?

We will need a visa for 3 stops in India. Is this something Azamara organise on board or do we have to sort it out before we go?

Thanks

You'll save about 50% by booking hotel rooms on your own.

The ship can not obtain an Indian visa for you. From experience it is a very onerous and expensive process in the US, and having just checked the India Visa website it appears to be the same for you.

This will be our first Azamara from Dubai to Singapore. We want to stay for 3 nights in Dubai. We have booked our flight. Do Azamara offer pre cruise hotel packages? Any ideas which hotel Azamara use?

We will need a visa for 3 stops in India. Is this something Azamara organise on board or do we have to sort it out before we go?

Thanks

We did this wonderful cruise last year. Yes, you will have to arrange your own visas, unlike others, this should not involve you in any visits anywhere to get the visa - we got it by post in about 10 days the online documentation was very clear. You have to do this yourself otherwise they may not even let you board at Dubai

I don't know what hotels they use, but as we can pick up so many good hotel deals in Dubai I would DIY. Dubai airport to hotels transfers are very very easy as well

Thanks for your replies. Visa sounds like a new year job!

Thanks for you views on hotels. There are some good deals around - sometimes I book at Christmas when sales can be a little slow!:)

I think you are going next October in which case visa is an end of August job otherwise it could expire before you get there

Oh I'll have to do my study and read the Indian website. I didn't realise the visa was for such a short period.

Thanks very much for the heads up!

There are several visa periods. If I recall 6 months, 5 year, and 10 year.

There was a wealth of information on my roll call when I got mine last year, as we all struggled through the process together. So I suggest you look for information there. As Indians themselves say, they have taken British bureaucracy and raised to the most complicated degree.

However, I do remember that there was a plan in the works for visa upon entry. I don't know if that is in effect yet, or for what length of stay. We live in the Washington DC area, so we could drop our application off at the visa contractor (for India), as you have to submit you passport with the application. The contractor implied at the time that our request of a 10 year visa would not be approved, but it was. My reasoning is that I did not want to go through the process twice, and I had just gotten a new (10 year) passport as well.

So now I just have to plan another trip to India!

I have just been through the process of getting Indian visas for a cruise we are doing next month. Cost £110 which included the courier fees and only took about 5 days in total. Filled in form online, printed it off and sent by registered post. Was straightforward but just make sure that you answer every question.

Thanks

We did this cruise last year. You need to get your Visa before you board. There were ten or so people that did not have Visa's and they could not get off in India (At least one nationality was able to arrange Visa's onboard for some of the last stops, but they were in the minority).

I was surprised that Azamara let these people board as I know other cruise lines would not.