Cabins with privacy for the adults?

CruisinHoneymooners

We're looking at doing a cruise with our son in 2016. He'll be 6 at the time, and we'll most likely book a balcony. I'd love to have a better general understanding of how the rooms are set up/look for families. Anyone have photos to share?

I'm also wondering if there's any shred of hope for a little privacy for mom and dad. :o Stock images on RCCL and NCL seem to show a curtain divider between the main bed and the sofa area - am I seeing that correctly? I don't remember there being anything like that in our room on Carnival but also wasn't making a point to pay attention for it.

Junior Suite on RCI's Freedom class has a curtain, but it only goes as far as the length of the bed, maybe not even that far, not the full width of the cabin. Just to block the view between the bed and the sofa bed.

Our regular balcony cabin on NCL Pearl had no curtain.

I saw a thread here where someone wanted to fashion a curtain by bringing a cheap curtain panel and magnets, wondering if the ceiling was metal like the walls. But that was to get a toddler to sleep, not to give grown ups privacy.

Our solution has been to send them to the kids club! ;)

Edit to add - if you go to cruiselinerooms dot com, you can see pictures that people have posted of rooms. I tried to post links, but they wouldn't work.

I just refreshed my memory, and the Freedom class junior suites, the curtain only goes about a foot or two (you can see the track on the ceiling in some of the pictures.

Edited by gi_pam

NCL Two-bedroom suites are the best if you can afford them - or alternatively some ships have a 'family suite' with a full curtain divider. But again these are suite-level rooms so price might be an issue. (But the benefits are worth it)

Carnival doesn't have any privacy curtains, but there are a couple of options that would involve two cabins or suites (extended balcony connecting to an interior on spirit class ships, Captains Suites, or just two regular connecting cabins). They also have the new family oceanviews with a second half bath, but you can't have a large bed.

We had an H6 aft penthouse suite on Breakaway which gave us a bedroom (with a door...), the boys slept on the sofa in the living room. Cheaper than a 2 bedroom suite but still has privacy, and a huge aft balcony!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Carnival doesn't have any privacy curtains, but there are a couple of options that would involve two cabins or suites (extended balcony connecting to an interior on spirit class ships, Captains Suites, or just two regular connecting cabins). They also have the new family oceanviews with a second half bath, but you can't have a large bed.

The Dream class "Family Ocean View" cabins can have a large bed.

http://images3a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp73444%3Enu%3D3245%3E%3A%3B4%3E%3B49%3EWSNRCG%3D359%3B%3B%3B423%3B329nu0mrj

I imagine you can also turn it so the foot of the big bed is towards the upper.

For changing clothes privacy on Carnival we open the closet doors.

In 99% of the cabins the closets are across from the bathroom as you enter the cabin. Opening the last closet door creates a great changing area.