Crown Loft Oasis of the Seas DVD Player

papaflamingo

None in our OS on either the Oasis or Allure. I think we had one years ago in a GS on the Mariner, but can't swear to it. You might be able to hook up a DVD player with an HDMI cable or a tablet if you want to mess with it.

We were in an Owners Suite on Oasis last year and an Aqua Theatre Suite this year. They both had DVD players in the Living Room (not the bedroom).

None in our OS on either the Oasis or Allure. I think we had one years ago in a GS on the Mariner, but can't swear to it. You might be able to hook up a DVD player with an HDMI cable or a tablet if you want to mess with it.

We hooked up our iPad to the tv in the CLS via HDMI and watched a movie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We hooked up our iPad to the tv in the CLS via HDMI and watched a movie.

We have also, but you have to make sure to have the HDMI converter for the IPad/IPhone port to the HDMI cable. I bought one a year ago and they aren't cheap (it's Apple). There is no direct connect cable Ipad/Iphone to HDMI. Plus make sure to take your own HDMI cable. Then you have to deal with changing the TV inputs. But that's an entirely different thread.

Lady 831 do you remember where the HDMI hook up is located on the TV? We're going to bring a small DVD player with us.

It depends. The normal Samsungs have them on the side within easy access. However, in our OS we had two TV's. The one in the living room I couldn't find. All the inputs were on the back and the cables were in a false panel behind it. The one in the bedroom was easily accessed on the side without any issue.

The unknown question is being able to switch the inputs so the TV will recognize the DVD. Some have taken universal remotes, found the code for the model of TV, and changed the inputs. Just by accident I found the cabin remote had a little button that looked like an old fashion TV with rabbit ears sticking out the top that switch inputs. So your experience might be a roll of the dice. I would buy a $6 universal remote just in case, if it's that important.

DS has hooked up XBox in the past, also.

It depends. The normal Samsungs have them on the side within easy access. However, in our OS we had two TV's. The one in the living room I couldn't find. All the inputs were on the back and the cables were in a false panel behind it. The one in the bedroom was easily accessed on the side without any issue.

The unknown question is being able to switch the inputs so the TV will recognize the DVD. Some have taken universal remotes, found the code for the model of TV, and changed the inputs. Just by accident I found the cabin remote had a little button that looked like an old fashion TV with rabbit ears sticking out the top that switch inputs. So your experience might be a roll of the dice. I would buy a $6 universal remote just in case, if it's that important.

DS has hooked up XBox in the past, also.

Thanks. A universal remote is a good idea. Thanks. I was wondering how we'd change the input. I may just tell the grandkids they'll have to do something else other than watch movies at night. And no, we won't let them run the halls.

Lady 831 do you remember where the HDMI hook up is located on the TV? We're going to bring a small DVD player with us.

Papaflamingo I found this video that shows you how to do it better than I can describe it. We have done it done Oasis and Allure in CLS. I hope this help.

Qp0JLn6N7D0

FANTASTIC! Thanks so much! I think this will solve my problem.

I had a saved post on my iPad Notes on how to describe hooking up until I came across this video. I deleted my note and saved this video to my YouTube account. Hopefully it works for you.:)