Which would you choose? 2 Serenade Afts/Western or 2 Adventure Promenade/Southern

We are looking at a Pre-Christmas cruise for our family, myself, DH, DS-25 and DD-21.

Cannot decide between: Serenade out of FLL in 2 aft balconies on 7, Key West, Roatan, Cozumel and Costa Maya. Or Adventure out of OSJ in 2 promenades, St. Martin, Lucia, Kitts plus Antigua and Barbados.

Airfare is higher to San Juan so we would do promenades (liked these rooms just fine) instead of aft balcony rooms. Pricing would be slightly higher for SJ but won't break the bank.

We really love Adventure and we were not too fond of RCI ships with the Centrum (Brilliance anyways). So what would you go with, nicer ports & ship(?) out of San Juan or better cabins out of FLL?

If you are the type that likes to explore the ports all day, and you would not be using the balcony much in the day time, then I'd go with Adventure as that's a port intensive cruise with only one sea day. Otherwise I'd go for the at balcony on Serenade.

I've done both ships and would choose adventure. Serenade was OK. I'm not fond of the Centrum type ships either. Adventure was a great time and I would like her southern ports much better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I would definitely choose the Adventure. Love the southern Caribbean ports, plus prefer the AOS over the Serenade.

Better entertainment, especially the ice show, and prefer ships with the main promenade. Serenade to me did not handle crowds as well, and much of the entertainment was held in the centrum and was too crowded to be enjoyable.

I would certainly choose Adventure...love the southern caribbean...just because you have an aft on Serenade doesn't change anything to make that a better choice.

Thanks everyone! I think we have decided to switch to a different cruise. AOS sounds great but now I am noticing the prices on Oasis for that week! The ocean view balconies are the same price as an inside! I think I will gather the family tomorrow and get this figured out! We have always wanted to sail on one of the Displacement of the Seas ships but the prices are usually so high! This may be the perfect opportunity!