First Time--- Initial Experience.

English Voyager

I have to say that booking my first cruise for February 2017 direct with Viking's UK office has left me highly impressed.

The fare they quoted to upgrade to BA Club Class, flying out to Barcelona, and back from Rome, was extremely favourable, and flight numbers, and times, were listed in the Booking Confirmation.

Then, this morning through the post, I received a pleasant surprise-- as a thank you for booking-- a L'Occitane travel kit.

February cannot come quick enough.

I have to say that booking my first cruise for February 2017 direct with Viking's UK office has left me highly impressed.

The fare they quoted to upgrade to BA Club Class, flying out to Barcelona, and back from Rome, was extremely favourable, and flight numbers, and times, were listed in the Booking Confirmation.

Then, this morning through the post, I received a pleasant surprise-- as a thank you for booking-- a L'Occitane travel kit.

February cannot come quick enough.

Hi there English Voyager.

I've always been impressed with Viking's service and little add on pieces.

You didn't mention which ship though so you may like to click on the following link to read my first experience of Viking Ocean...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2015/12/28/viking-star-a-taste-of-something-different/

You're in for a treat.

23748329771_2a54c1a079_z.jpg

Hi there English Voyager.

I've always been impressed with Viking's service and little add on pieces.

You didn't mention which ship though so you may like to click on the following link to read my first experience of Viking Ocean...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2015/12/28/viking-star-a-taste-of-something-different/

You're in for a treat.

23748329771_2a54c1a079_z.jpg

Hi Solent Richard,

Thank you for the link to your very informative blog.

The ship for my cruise in February is the Viking Sea.

I am looking forward to seeing how it compares to my favourite ship-- the Europa 2.

First Viking cruise will not be until April 2018.

It was a delight to receive from my TA a link to Viking's suggested reading list for my journey: West Indies to Barcelona.

I will have plenty of time to read many of the books and even take a couple for those glorious sea days.

I always read books based on the history or locale of where I will be going, before and during my trips.

Another nice touch by Viking!

First Viking cruise will not be until April 2018.

It was a delight to receive from my TA a link to Viking's suggested reading list for my journey: West Indies to Barcelona.

I will have plenty of time to read many of the books and even take a couple for those glorious sea days.

I always read books based on the history or locale of where I will be going, before and during my trips.

Another nice touch by Viking!

I too buy the books, I gave my girlfriend one of the books for her enjoyment

The recommended reading list is a great concept. I am hoping that Viking will expand this list to their new itineraries in The Americas/Caribbean (including the Amazon).....unless I am missing it, I do not see any at this point?

The reading list came from my TA. I did not find it on My Journey or anywhere on the Viking Web site at this time.

Here it is. It does list some recommendation for the Caribbean

http://www.longitudebooks.com/find/d/26476/r/VK/mcms.html

Edited by Azulann

The reading list came from my TA. I did not find it on My Journey or anywhere on the Viking Web site at this time.

Here it is. It does list some recommendation for the Caribbean

http://www.longitudebooks.com/find/d/26476/r/VK/mcms.html

Viking has partnered with LongitudeBooks for its recommended reading; your TA just did the legwork for you and gave you the same link that is available on the Viking website.

The website, as far as I could see, still does not have any recommended reading for their new Americas itineraries outside of this transatlantic. If I am not missing something there, then with these cruises approaching quickly, they may be added soon. It is a good feature.

That said, I would agree that this was a nice extra effort from your Azulann's TA. Thanks again

Edited by Vineyard View

Dear Vineyard View,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoy perusing our Recommended Reading lists.

You’re observations are correct, lists for our North American and Caribbean itineraries have not yet been posted to our website. We anticipate to have this information available within the next two weeks.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Please check back soon!

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

The website, as far as I could see, still does not have any recommended reading for their new Americas itineraries outside of this transatlantic. If I am not missing something there, then with these cruises approaching quickly, they may be added soon. It is a good feature.

That said, I would agree that this was a nice extra effort from your Azulann's TA. Thanks again

Viking has partnered with LongitudeBooks for its recommended reading; your TA just did the legwork for you and gave you the same link that is available on the Viking website.

Yes, I have finally found a awesome Travel Agent. :D

It is the little things that are sent to us by him that show us we are not just a number on his bookings list.