FTTF worth it?

Zippy26

I love FTTF. Carnival charges for something that costs them nothing, and hopefully it makes my cruise cheaper. I have never bought it and never will. I get to the port around 1pm, board, drop off my bags and eat lunch. Often there is not a boarding line by then either. It is awesome.

I love FTTF. Got it on the Pride for my last and booked for the Valor in January. Just being able to have the cabin ready for dropping off the bags is worth it to me. Will be planning to get to the port @ 10:30 - 11:00... no sense in staying in the hotel, might as well start the FUN!!:cool:

We've never had it before, but last cruise I was wishing I had it, the port and boarding area was so jammed and we had to wait for some time.

As soon as I booked my October 2016 cruise, I purchased the FTTF too. Will see if it is worth it for future cruises.

• 4 weeks later...

We are 29/31 and we definitely booked fttf. The hurry for us is exploring the ship and taking everything in right away. We are so eager for our trip that waiting in a line full of people is not really worth losing $60. We would love to get settled and enjoy everything right away. I like to get settled and get my bearings and then go enjoy everything. Luggage priority also helps. I'm a photographer so my carry on is always just camera junk. So a change of clothes for dinner, a place for privacy (having every person on the ship on deck on embarkation gets a little overwhelming at times!) and being able to enjoy my deck when I'm sick of dealing with people and having our own private bathroom immediately is wellll worth it. $60 to us is nothing for the convenience. Everyone has their vice. I don't see how people can spend that daily on booze but that's me! So to each their own. You will know if it sounds worth it to you. If it doesn't, find out what your priorities are and spend money on that instead. Either way, enjoy!

Not every port has regular boarding boarding as quickly as some are claiming.. we had FTTF in Fort Lauderdale last year and happily bypassed hundreds of people who were stuck waiting in chairs. That alone is worth the price. We also carry on items we don't want to check (expensive scuba equipment that is way too fragile to check) that is extremely heavy/cumbersome and it is so nice to be able to just drop it off at the room right away.

We purchased FFTF for our Breeze cruise last week. So very worth it to me! Priority line to enter port. Went right to the front of the line. Line was HUGE when we entered the port to check in. FFTF line was empty. Again, straight to the front of the line! I thought it was worth it for that alone. Walking past ALL of the people waiting to board was pretty sweet as well. I though our bags did not arrive as fast as the could/should. Our neighbors had some of their regular bags before we got ours, but that is not such a big deal to me.

One of the main reasons I wanted to purchase was for the priority tender in Grand Cayman. Yeah.... Not so much. We went to guest services, and were whisked away to an awaiting elevator. So far, so good. We got down to deck 0, then we're just blended into the regular crowd. No priority at all. In fact, we were even told when we reached the front of the line that we had to go to the other line because this one was full. So, priority tender ended up being just a priority elevator to wait in line!

We were given zone 3 for our bags on disembarkation day. Took 2 full hours to get our second bag! Not sure what happened there...

So... Our FFTF experience had its pros and cons, but I will definitely buy it for all of our cruises! (Until I reach status where I don't need to...)

I love FTTF and it's so worth it for us..hubby can't sit or stand for long periods of time...

we get on and drop carry on luggage fast

our luggage has always been pretty darn quick in arriving

any tender ports we've met by guest services and been whisked to the front of the line

bypassing that SUPER long line at Guest Services when I have an issue or need something is AWESOME!

we've always been zone 1 leaving the ship and since we drive this is awesome for us!!

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to point this out, no I am not sorry to point this out. FTTF have to buy their way up not earn their way up.......And you are still behind the Diam/Plats.

After sailing since 1993 with Carnival..... Watch as I step in front of you to get to the Tender.........

See you on the Ship

Mike

Hate to tell you but you paid a lot more than 60.00 over years of cruising to get to Diamond/Platinum. Don't turn your nose up at us as we happily board with our FFTF, we surely don't mind that you are ahead of us!

Edited by Coffeelove

Hate to tell you but you paid a lot more than 60.00 over years of cruising to get to Diamond/Platinum. Don't turn your nose up at us as we happily board with our FFTF, we surely don't mind that you are ahead of us!

And I had a lot of good times with that money, and it was well worth it!!!!....and my nose is not in the air and I am not rich, I do not take 6 cruises a year.....But the best thing I am not is a CIVILIAN....I am Army,,,i respect people who have a higher Rank that me .which in this case means Diamond club or Platinums...I respect the disabled, and veterans that are older than me.

The problem with new cruisers is they don't know how much Carnival has Changed. and the New FTTF program is just a Money Grab. Trust me when you all get to Platinum you will total understand!!

Have a Good Next Cruise!!

Mike

I have been on several cruises with Carnival and I have never had a problem long waits to get on the ship so I was wanted to know from any other cruisers if they thought it was worth the money. The only thing I would want it for would be to get off the ship in port separate from the long lines. Help!

We used FTTF a few times on cruises that had tender ports, if you have a tender port it is worth the cost if you are an early riser. It also provide priority embarkation/debarkation, no long lines.

I hate to point this out, no I am not sorry to point this out. FTTF have to buy their way up not earn their way up.......And you are still behind the Diam/Plats.

After sailing since 1993 with Carnival..... Watch as I step in front of you to get to the Tender.........

See you on the Ship

Mike

Sailing since 1993 only says one thing about you.

I respect brand loyalty. I respect that it is rewarded. I will gladly vouch for members who have been veteran clients of the cruise line. But I don't respect you and this off base comment. Money is money is money. Sorry I didn't start sailing when I was 9. It doesn't make you better than any of us who buy FTTF. If that is your biggest concern and you felt it needed to be voiced in this manner, then I think you've got it pretty good up there on your pedestal. Why step off it this late in the game?