Another early flight question...need opinions

JoAnneNYI

Arriving Port Everglades on the Regal at 6am Apr. 12th. There are 3 other ships ....2 arriving at 7am and 1 (Allure) at 6:15....port passenger load 13,860.

Doing first walk off (7am) to get to our 10:55 Southwest flight.

My concern is the taxi line. There are 6 of us so will need two. It is last Sunday of Easter Break for the Northeast. So I think FLL will be packed and want to get there fast as possible.

My feeling is we should be fine as the first ship arriving (if that matters?).

Does anyone think we should get private transportation like Go Airport or other recommendation? Seems that would be a lot more money than 2 cabs at like $15 each.

Can you arrange a yellow cabbie ahead?

Thanks for your "expertise"! JoAnne

For a 10:55 you need to be at FLL by 9:25 (and earlier is better), which means in a taxi and rolling form PE by 9:15 -- walking off at 7:00 you should be fine. Just grab the first two cabs in line and find a comfortable place to wait inside FLL.

You should be fine with your plan, as long as ship arrives as scheduled. Recently we departed the ship at 8:15 am and easily could have made a 10:00 am flight. The earlier you get to the airport, the shorter the lines. Once the cruise ship buses start arriving, it gets quite busy.

Lots of cabs at the pier, so do not worry about it. Plan on $20 including the tip.

Edited by DaveOKC

Arriving Port Everglades on the Regal at 6am Apr. 12th. There are 3 other ships ....2 arriving at 7am and 1 (Allure) at 6:15....port passenger load 13,860.

My concern is the taxi line. There are 6 of us so will need two. It is last Sunday of Easter Break for the Northeast. So I think FLL will be packed and want to get there fast as possible.

Does anyone think we should get private transportation like Go Airport or other recommendation? Seems that would be a lot more money than 2 cabs at like $15 each.

Cruise passengers are only a fraction of the amount of people flying in and out of FLL. The airport will be crazy packed and I agree with John, don't get there any later than 9:25.

The order of how the ships are supposed to come in also doesn't matter.

Assuming your ship does not get held up for anything, yes, you SHOULD make this flight.

I would arrange for a private car and driver/limo and not mess around with a shuttle.

Edited by BlueHerons

Some good advice here. We are disembarking on a Sunday in Feb. 2016. I know it's very early to book flights, but noticed that the flight schedules include a 10:50am flight.

Looks like doing the self disembark will get us to the airport on time to catch a 10:50 flight. I know it depends if everything lines up properly.

We have a 12pm Southwest flight on 4/12 and are hoping to get off leisurely and take our time getting to the airport. We normally have breakfast and stroll off around 9. I'm hoping this will be ok for catching our flight.

How much is a taxi. PC to MCO. There will be six of us. We can split up or try for a van.

PC to MCO is a 50+ minute drive - taxi will be about $130+ :eek: Drive, 6 passengers plus bags, especially if any of your group packs like my wife, will not fit into a mini-van cab.

Check with Travelynx, Cocoa beach Shuttle or Executive VIP. If you have time I would also look at renting two cars one-way PC to MCO.

Some good advice here. We are disembarking on a Sunday in Feb. 2016. I know it's very early to book flights, but noticed that the flight schedules include a 10:50am flight.

Looks like doing the self disembark will get us to the airport on time to catch a 10:50 flight. I know it depends if everything lines up properly.

I will be coming off the Oasis on April 4th, 4 ships in with a 12K passenger load, probably a light day at PE. I have a 11:05 southwest flight. Planning on walking off with my family of five around 7:30, hoping in two cabs to the airport. Probably too early, but I am an early type person. I will let you know what the customs, cab, and security lines look like. This will be my first time EVER in about a dozen cruises going straight to the airport, so I am overplanning.

I just got a quote from OCS Orlando for transportation for 6 of us. MY flight 10:15. I asked be picked up at 8 they said they would have a van waiting for us at 7:30. $120.00

This sure makes me nervous but only flight I could get using our AA rewards

We are flying first class so I am hoping that check in line is not as long as the other

I just got a quote from OCS Orlando for transportation for 6 of us. MY flight 10:15. I asked be picked up at 8 they said they would have a van waiting for us at 7:30. $120.00

We are flying first class so I am hoping that check in line is not as long as the other

AA first class has a separate line and it goes very fast. Same thing when you go through security, you can normally use the VIP (or Priority) line - that will likely save you a bunch of time.

DaveOKC

For a 10:15 flight, even with your quick AA priority, I would want to be at MCO by 9:00 (earlier is better!), which means in the van and rolling from PC by 8:00 to be safe. I would carry all of my bags off - your 7:30 pick-up sounds about right.