Nicest quietest beach on Labadee?

KKB

We like a nice beach, not rocky, not full of kids (there are bound to be a few spring breakers on our cruise)...quieter.

Which beach should we hit? (we are not in a suite)

We like a nice beach, not rocky, not full of kids (there are bound to be a few spring breakers on our cruise)...quieter.

Which beach should we hit? (we are not in a suite)

Columbus Cove is the nicest and quietest. It is smooth not rocky. It is the farthest from the dock. Take the water taxi from the dock, the tram, or walk. Whatever you do don't go to Adrenaline beach.

What is wrong with Adenaline Beach?

That was directed at the OP. The OP wanted a beach that was not rocky. Adrenailne Beach is rocky in the water. Also that was the quietest. The zip line goes overhead and they play volleyball on that beach. So I was being specific to the OP in reply to what kind of beach they wanted.

That was directed at the OP. The OP wanted a beach that was not rocky. Adrenailne Beach is rocky in the water. Also that was the quietest. The zip line goes overhead and they play volleyball on that beach. So I was being specific to the OP in reply to what kind of beach they wanted.

Did volleyball return?

It was gone for a couple sailings.

Thanks.

Did volleyball return?

It was gone for a couple sailings.

Thanks.

I didn't know it was gone. The last couple of sailings, December 2014 and December 2015 I didn't pay much attention to Adrenaline. Was not thinking about Volleyball. Went straight to Columbus Cove.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Columbus Cove is the nicest and quietest. It is smooth not rocky. It is the farthest from the dock. Take the water taxi from the dock, the tram, or walk. Whatever you do don't go to Adrenaline beach.

How much is the water taxi?

How much is the water taxi?

It is free. It runs from the dock to Columbus Cove. There is a sign on the dock at the spot on the dock that it leaves from. It only runs one way with passengers, no passengers back to the dock from Columbus Cove.

Edited by Charles4515

It is free. It runs from the dock to Columbus Cove. There is a sign on the dock at the spot on the dock that it leaves from. It only runs one way with passengers, no passengers back to the dock from Columbus Cove.

How do we get back?

How do we get back?

You can take the tram. There is no beach that is a very short walk from the end of dock except Barefoot. Barefoot is for suite guests only. If you are in suite your problem is solved. They will even give you a ride to Barefoot in a Golf Cart. Otherwise there is the tram to all the beaches or the water taxi to Columbus Cove.

• 2 weeks later...
How often do the trams run to get back from Columbus Cove?:confused:

How far is the food station?:)

If we have a drink package, how far is the bar?:eek:

Any shade?

The trams run back and forth all day. It's not that far so it is very often. I have never taken the tram myself as its not a long walk.

There are three food stations on Labadee, one of which is at Columbus Cove. There is also a bar.

There are some tall trees that provide shade.

Edited by Charles4515

• 3 weeks later...
This will be our first time to Labadee. Columbus Cove sounds like our kind of place. In order to get 2 chairs & umbrella, when should we arrive ?

Please don't laugh, but I'm afraid of iguanas. Will we see any ?

Never saw an Iguana on Labadee and have been there 6 times.

I think if you were on the island by 1 - 1 1/2 hours after the ship opens up the doors you should be fine to get an umbrella, loungers are plentiful and so is the shade, not ocean front but back by the perimeter.

Enjoy.

Sea Ya

Never saw an Iguana on Labadee and have been there 6 times.

I think if you were on the island by 1 - 1 1/2 hours after the ship opens up the doors you should be fine to get an umbrella, loungers are plentiful and so is the shade, not ocean front but back by the perimeter.

Enjoy.

Sea Ya

Thank you for replying ! I can now enjoy my 1st day on Labadee !!

• 3 months later...

Can some tell me if Columbus Cove is the beach area that has all the kids water activities. I read some where on the boards it was a quiet area and nice and close to bathroom & the ships food area. Thanks so much for any information.