Can OBC used for future cruise?

dbali

No you can't. The benefit of booking a specific cruise onboard is you will get a discount on the price depending upon your Le Club Voyage level (between 3 and 10%) and onboard credit of $200 per stateroom. This is called a reserved passage and comes with a reduced deposit. You can also buy an open passage certificate if you don't have a specific cruise in mind for use when you get home and giving you the same benefits except no onboard credit. You can assign it to your usual travel agent if you wish so as to get the normal benefits from them.

I've done a few reserved and open passages when I've been on the ship and they've been very worthwhile.

I think the answer is a big "no." But others will have the definitive response. Worth asking, though...

Oh, I see. As always, Phil has the answer. He's the best. A true Azamara veteran and a big fan.

Edited by tv24

Well... technically no. Not directly.

However, if the OBC is refundable (i.e. the unused portion is credited to your credit card following the cruise). In that case, you can then use those monies to pay for a portion of the next cruise

How do you know if an OBC is refundable?

If any part of the OBC comes from the cruise line, it is non-refundable, use it on that cruise or lose it. On your interactive TV in your cabin, check your account and the OBC will be identified as refundable or non-refundable. Most times it is non refundable unless the full amount comes from someone such as a friend, relative, TA, etc. You can also ask at Guest Services and they will know. Sometimes the OBC that comes from your TA may be non-refundable as well if the TA is providing the money some of which comes from the cruiseline as a promotion. The above is pretty much the same for all cruise lines.

Some of the credit is for shore excursions -----

But if you have OBC specifically for LD , wouldn't it be better to use it on a ship's tour, rather than pay out for your own sightseeing!

Edited by upwarduk