Ibiza port day

I've tried to get answers to this but I guess this isn't a popular port.

What do people do for a shore excursion in Ibiza? Our ship offers a full day island tour but I don't want to spend eight hours on a bus riding around the island.

They also offer a half day beach excursion from 8 to noon but if we were to go to the beach, we wouldn't want to leave at noon. Would rather go later and stay later.

I looked into a day pass but got confused about the various beach clubs and where they were. Not sure where the port is in relation to the beaches. Don't want to rent a car for the day, willing to take taxi somewhere.

From my research, it looks like Ibiza is a big party island. Just looking for something low key for us fuddy duddies (ages 59 and 63).

What have you done in Ibiza for a day?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

One more question--trying to figure out transportation from the port, does anyone know where the Oceania Riviera would go to, cruisetimetables.com says "Ibiza town and harbor, Balearic Islands. Larger cruise ships dock by the outer harbor seawall - the Botafoc pier. Ibiza Old Town is a short shuttle bus ride away. Small ships may dock in the heart of Old Town, by the Adosado or Levante quays."

Not sure which dock Riviera would go to.

Anyone familiar with best way to get to either Figuera beach or Playa den Bossa? Other than renting a car. Bus? Taxi?

Can just anyone rent the umbrellas and chairs on Playa den Bossa?

Can just anyone rent the umbrellas and chairs on Playa den Bossa?

Playa den Bossa is a public beach - anyone can rent sunbeds and parasols there. It shouldn't be too busy when you are there in early June - a month later would be a completely different matter!

The beach is only 4km from Ibiza town so a taxi wouldn't cost much; this link may be of help (for one thing it recommends going to the far end of the beach for more peace and quiet!) http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/beach/playa_den_bossa_i.htm Return taxis are plentiful from Playa den Bossa back to the port.

Ibiza Old Town is interesting and I am sure you would enjoy a couple of hours wandering around there - perhaps have lunch in the Old Town (great Seafood) then go on to the beach. http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/ibiza_town_i.htm

Edited by campolady

I would go into Ibiza old town the D'Alt Vila and wander around the lovely old streets. Look in the shops and have a drink in a bar. Or people watch on the terrace of the Hostal Vara Del Rey in the square of the same name.

Ibiza has some beautiful beaches, but Playa d'en Bossa is not one of them. To reach the really nice beaches a car is needed.

I emailed the tourist bureau in Ibiza since I could not find any info about where the beach was (the ship excursion is to Playa d'en Bosso so I looked there) (ship excursion is from 8 am to noon; we'd rather do like 11-3) and this is what I asked and the info I received:

My question:

We will be in Ibiza on June 16 via the Oceania Riviera cruise ship.

We have one day in port. We would like to visit Playa d'en Bossa or

Figuerettes beach while we are here. What is the best way to get there

from the port? Are there taxis at the port? About how much would it

cost? Can we rent chairs and an umbrella on the beach?

Their response:

Thank you for your email. There are buses from the cruise to the port called port bus which leaves every 30 minutes: minutes '15 and '45. Costs 2,50€ one way and 4,50€ return to the cruise.

From the port to the bus station is 7 minutes walking. Bus 14 to Playa d'en Bossa leaves every 30 minutes and costs 2€ per way.

There are also taxis on the port for 4 passengers with a meter.

You can rent lounge beds and umbrellas on the beach restaurants.

To check the bus schedule: http://www.ibizabus.com.

Hope this helps some people.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The question by the OP is my exact opinion lol so far of Ibiza - and we have 2 days there on our cruise lol. Does anyone know how far the cruise dock will be from the old town - is this walkable? I'm thinking possibly a short "water" outing for a few hours one of the days that is not very expensive...any input or suggestions from anyone for with us leaving from near the cruise port area? Also, is mid September typically still beach weather in Ibiza? TIA :)

The question by the OP is my exact opinion lol so far of Ibiza - and we have 2 days there on our cruise lol. Does anyone know how far the cruise dock will be from the old town - is this walkable? I'm thinking possibly a short "water" outing for a few hours one of the days that is not very expensive...any input or suggestions from anyone for with us leaving from near the cruise port area? Also, is mid September typically still beach weather in Ibiza? TIA :)

We docked a fair walk from the centre of town (would think 30-49 minutes) but there was a shuttle bus that cost 5 Pounds UK for a return trip ship-town-ship; as we were returning to the ship we saw a local bus doing a similar run for considerably less cost but this didn't seem to run as frequently as the shuttle.

Frequent well priced boat trips run from the old town port to some of Ibizas beaches and a little further afield to another of the Balearic Islands Formentera which is less developed than the main islands in that group - the sail to Formentera takes about 40 minutes. Several companies run sailings to Formentera such as https://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/activity/aquabus-ferry-ibiza-formentera

Weather in mid-September is still very warm - expect around 28 degrees - although you can get the odd shower or thunder storm that late in the season; the sea is at its warmest then so very pleasant for swimming. Showers tend to be short and sharp rather than prolonged downpours and the sun quickly comes out again.

Edited by campolady

Tartana

If you have 2 days in Ibiza it would be well worth your while hiring a car for the day. The D'Alt Vila, the old part of Ibiza Town is charming, but once you drive out into the countryside it is very pretty.

San Carlos is home of Anita's one of the original hippy bars where they still make Hierbas Ibicencas, a typical aniseed herb liqueur. Great as an after dinner drink.

Santa Gertrudis is another pretty town in the centre of the island with some nice pavement cafes, good for people watching.

Es Cubells has a beautiful coastline and any of the many small coves around Ibiza are pretty.

The restaurants in Cala D'Hort overlook a huge rock in the sea called Es Vedra and are great for paella on the terrace.

I love Ibiza and it is certainly my favourite of the Balearic Islands.

There are quite a few patisseries throughout the island where you might like to savour some Ibicencan specialities like Graxonera a cake like pastry made with herbs, ensaimadas, which are eaten for breakfast not too unlike a croissant, but later in the day they bake them with cream inside. Delicious with a coffee. Or Coca, which is similiar to a pizza with herbs and sold in small slices.

I've tried to get answers to this but I guess this isn't a popular port.

What do people do for a shore excursion in Ibiza? Our ship offers a full day island tour but I don't want to spend eight hours on a bus riding around the island.

They also offer a half day beach excursion from 8 to noon but if we were to go to the beach, we wouldn't want to leave at noon. Would rather go later and stay later.

I looked into a day pass but got confused about the various beach clubs and where they were. Not sure where the port is in relation to the beaches. Don't want to rent a car for the day, willing to take taxi somewhere.

From my research, it looks like Ibiza is a big party island. Just looking for something low key for us fuddy duddies (ages 59 and 63).

What have you done in Ibiza for a day?

Hey Cruisegal415 - I'm just curious what you ended up doing on your day in Ibiza? Did you just hang around the town, find a beach, etc? Hope your cruise was great :)

For a day in port I would suggest getting a taxi from the port to the top of the castle on the hill behind the old town. Don't bother with shuttle buses as they only take you to the bottom of the hill.

You can then take a pleasant walk down through the castle and down the hill to the old town. The (free) modern art gallery is worth a stop, even if only for the gift shop.

You could walk back to the ship, but taxis are cheap.

• 2 months later...
I emailed the tourist bureau in Ibiza since I could not find any info about where the beach was (the ship excursion is to Playa d'en Bosso so I looked there) (ship excursion is from 8 am to noon; we'd rather do like 11-3) and this is what I asked and the info I received:

My question:

We will be in Ibiza on June 16 via the Oceania Riviera cruise ship.

We have one day in port. We would like to visit Playa d'en Bossa or

Figuerettes beach while we are here. What is the best way to get there

from the port? Are there taxis at the port? About how much would it

cost? Can we rent chairs and an umbrella on the beach?

Their response:

Thank you for your email. There are buses from the cruise to the port called port bus which leaves every 30 minutes: minutes '15 and '45. Costs 2,50€ one way and 4,50€ return to the cruise.

From the port to the bus station is 7 minutes walking. Bus 14 to Playa d'en Bossa leaves every 30 minutes and costs 2€ per way.

There are also taxis on the port for 4 passengers with a meter.

You can rent lounge beds and umbrellas on the beach restaurants.

To check the bus schedule: www.ibizabus.com.

Hope this helps some people.

It is a very nice Island to visit. Better than most. If you can, take the 8 hour tour around the whole island. You can sit on a beach at least as nice anywhere but probably will not get back here again. See it all if you can.:):):)