First Cruise.. though it's not for a while!

Tacu

I've been lurking for a while but thought I'd say hello now I've joined the exalted ranks of people who cruise :)

I'm 50 next year so I've booked a Med cruise on Celebrity Equinox. [Over half-way thru my life and I thought it needed some distinction; no point in letting these dates go by without a big Hurrah somewhere :D ] I could probably have got some discount by waiting until this time next year but I decided to get in early because dates are important to me and I got an early booker discount meaning that I got the concierge cabin for not much more than I'd get the balcony cabin for.

My preferred option was a fjord cruise but that would have compromised my available money so I've decided to keep that until my 60th and settle for the Istanbul/greek islands cruise for my 50th instead :)

Must be the thing to do. I've booked med cruise on the msc Fantasia for mine this Sept. First time cruising. Any one been on this ship? What's it like? Any tips to make it an amazing experience? Thanks all

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi Im new to this site - we've just booked our first Cruise on the Emerald Princess sailing around the Med in July! Started a list of useful things to take and even checked out some of the place we are stopping - we are so excited - travelling with my husband and two teenage children ( my son want to be a cruise entertainer!) counting down the days

I've been lurking for a while but thought I'd say hello now I've joined the exalted ranks of people who cruise :)

I'm 50 next year so I've booked a Med cruise on Celebrity Equinox. [Over half-way thru my life and I thought it needed some distinction; no point in letting these dates go by without a big Hurrah somewhere :D ] I could probably have got some discount by waiting until this time next year but I decided to get in early because dates are important to me and I got an early booker discount meaning that I got the concierge cabin for not much more than I'd get the balcony cabin for.

My preferred option was a fjord cruise but that would have compromised my available money so I've decided to keep that until my 60th and settle for the Istanbul/greek islands cruise for my 50th instead :)

Welcome to cruise critic!

Hi Im new to this site - we've just booked our first Cruise on the Emerald Princess sailing around the Med in July! Started a list of useful things to take and even checked out some of the place we are stopping - we are so excited - travelling with my husband and two teenage children ( my son want to be a cruise entertainer!) counting down the days

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Must be the thing to do. I've booked med cruise on the msc Fantasia for mine this Sept. First time cruising. Any one been on this ship? What's it like? Any tips to make it an amazing experience? Thanks all

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Go to this link and ask questions about MSC:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80

What a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday.

We went over to Istanbul a week before we began a cruise from there --several years ago. So much to see there.

Have a great cruise.

HI, we have cruised Celebrity and MSC. Both are different but as people say: there is a cruise (ship) for everyone. The Fantasia is very bling (f.e. Swarovski stairs), much going on on this ship, especially in the med and with a lot of Italians on board. Celebrity is more sophisticated, food is better IMO but this also depends on personnel likings. The itinerary is great, I'm sure you both will have a great cruise and a memorable birthday! Just enjoy!