Holiday Inn Downtown Miami

Ready 2 Go

Hi all we have a room booked at the Holiday Inn Downtown Miami in the City Center. Does anyone know if there a restaurants in walking distance and shopping/things to Do? We'll be there 3 days in July before hopping on the Vista. Thanks all.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

It's Downtown Miami, your food options are endless. Tons of shopping too. You're staying in the center of one of the largest cities in the U.S.

Bayside is a nice place to check out, but your food options outside of bayside are much better. If you look at my early post history I give a list of my favorite places. Tomorrow I'll find it and post it.

If you're staying there three days, some time in Miami Beach is a must as well.

As mentioned Bayside is close but I would not limit yourself to that complex.

If you walk 15 to 20 minutes you can easily get to two areas with lots of restaurants.

Mary Brickell Village which has lots of restaurants and some stores.

The relatively new Brickell Centre which has lots of shopping and has started to add restaurants.

One of the restaurants we enjoy in Mary Brickell Village is Perricone's. Serves Italian Food and is frequented by locals and tourists.

http://www.perricones.com

Also nearby your hotel are many stand alone restaurants.

Keith

As mentioned Bayside is close but I would not limit yourself to that complex.

If you walk 15 to 20 minutes you can easily get to two areas with lots of restaurants.

Mary Brickell Village which has lots of restaurants and some stores.

The relatively new Brickell Centre which has lots of shopping and has started to add restaurants.

One of the restaurants we enjoy in Mary Brickell Village is Perricone's. Serves Italian Food and is frequented by locals and tourists.

http://www.perricones.com

Also nearby your hotel are many stand alone restaurants.

Keith

There are quite a few restaurants open at Brickell Citi Centre. Big Easy Wine Bar, Pubbelly sushi, Tacology, Quinto at the East Hotel and then a few other more casual places like American Harvest and Luke's Lobster. I can't wait for the 38,000 Italian food hall to open in the Fall as they will also have dining.

Keith, enjoy Perricone's while you can.......

Being across the street from Bayside, you can pick up a water tour and the Miami area hop on hop off bus tour there. Take advantage.

With 3 days, I'd for sure use a day exploring South Beach.

Agree with Carolyn about Brickell City Centre. One of the coolest malls in the US.

Keith, downtown is being swallowed up by every developer on the planet.

When Tobacco Road fell, I think we all knew it was just a matter of time.

Thank you all for all of the feedback. We will definitely plan to hit the beach. It sounds like we made a good hotel choice in terms of location.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Here is my list of more casual places in Downtown Miami/Brickell area that I like.

Pollo y Jarras

Fratelli Milano

Vero Italian Restaurant

Perricone's Marketplace & Café

Burger & Beer Joint

Crazy About You

River Oyster Bar is a good choice too.

Garcias

Havana 1957 if you want Cuban food

Are there any places close to the Holiday Inn to buy two bottles of good wine to take on the cruise? Or a place to make a quick stop on the way from the airport? Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, Whole Foods store near by, walking distance, also several CVS, Walgreens and Liquor stores. This is Downtown Miami, you will find pretty much anything you need within walking distance.

yes.............

Why do you say that? Its been a staple of Brickell for sometime, and is still very popular. The restaurant owns the building, which means its cheap to stay there. Also, its not a large lot, the parking lot and the building as right to the east is a city park. Sure someone could build something there, but not anything massive. I don't see any thing in City Centre taking much away from Perricones, even the food hall. There is a difference between a food hall and restaurant.

Though, I will say, there are better italian options in the downtown area.

Why do you say that? Its been a staple of Brickell for sometime, and is still very popular. The restaurant owns the building, which means its cheap to stay there. Also, its not a large lot, the parking lot and the building as right to the east is a city park. Sure someone could build something there, but not anything massive. I don't see any thing in City Centre taking much away from Perricones, even the food hall. There is a difference between a food hall and restaurant.

Though, I will say, there are better italian options in the downtown area.

Yes, I know that Steve Perricone owns the building. And yes the city was deeded the park space both on the north and south side years ago by Developer Allen Morris. Since the company sued back in 2014 because of the Flatiron building, as part of an agreement the city may be handing over the north side to said developer.

The Citi Centre is not taking anything away from Perricone's and you are right, there are much better Italian options in the area. I and most people I know enjoy happy hour here but not dining.

That being said, my answer is still yes......