Breakaway to Bermuda starting next week

we3k9

Wow You have been lucky. :cool:

We hit severe weather 3 time and sail into hurricane Fay.:eek:

The first name storm of the season is kicking up sea Now.:evilsmile:

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/tropical-storm-arlene-atlantic-april-2017

Hurricane Season is starting early this year!

According to the site: "Tropical Storm Arlene is moving quickly in the open Atlantic and is expected to weaken by late Friday."

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

and if anyone can find out the status of the Dedicated NCL Ferry service from Dockyard to St George that would be appreciated. News reports say it will run May to Oct but I can't find any concrete dates it starts or if it's even on schedule to begin. TIA

and if anyone can find out the status of the Dedicated NCL Ferry service from Dockyard to St George that would be appreciated. News reports say it will run May to Oct but I can't find any concrete dates it starts or if it's even on schedule to begin. TIA

Taking a guess here, could the NCL ferry service be for the smaller ships from one of NCL's higher end brands as a courtesy shuttle since these ships can dock in St. George while the NCL ships cannot?

MARAPRINCE

I could swear i saw on her a link to an article about this and it said the first date these will be running in May 10.

edit: found the article, in the may 7th roll call: https://www.gov.bm/articles/ncl-charter-tender-vessel-temporary-basis

I am thinking of booking Bermuda in September of 2018 on Escape. Can you all tell me which side of the ship has the better views while docked? I would think on Escape it would be the port side as the starbourd side always docks in Miami.

I could swear i saw on her a link to an article about this and it said the first date these will be running in May 10.

edit: found the article, in the may 7th roll call: https://www.gov.bm/articles/ncl-charter-tender-vessel-temporary-basis

Thanks.... we get there on the Dawn on May 7th and I was hoping it would've been running from the West End to St George by then.....

Maraprince: I read the article as something to help St George by bringing over NCL passengers from the West End now that the bigger ships don't visit and economy suffered a bit

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

may 28th sailing here!

we've never had rough seas to bermuda, did it once on Star and once on breakaway. now the Gem coming home over this past new years.....

Oh yes the Gem coming home this past new years cruise was insane!!!!!!

I am looking forward to seeing these as well! Also any info on who is the CD and what band is playing in Fat Cats would be great too!

Do the CD and bands stay the same the entire Bermuda run season? We will be sailing the final leg of the the Bermuda run.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Get ready to rock n roll. Last time we cruised to Bermuda in May we got 70 knot winds and 25 ft waves. Only 9 people showed up in the dinning room because most people got sick and one young girl vomited at the table. The seas' always rough to Bermuda especially on the way back to NY.

Nay, not always. It's crapshoot.

Thanks.... we get there on the Dawn on May 7th and I was hoping it would've been running from the West End to St George by then.....

Maraprince: I read the article as something to help St George by bringing over NCL passengers from the West End now that the bigger ships don't visit and economy suffered a bit

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Read the article via the link you provided regarding the NCL ferry and hope that it will be available on my 5/14 sailing as I would love to spend more time in St. George! Last time I was in St. George was back in 2002 when smaller ships used to dock in all 3 of Bermuda's ports.

MARAPRINCE

I'm on the 30 April cruise, will do my best!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Can you also let us know if they give out the tiny deck pocket maps that show what is on each deck and if cinnamon is available in the buffet area at breakfast.

Thanks!:):D:halo:

MARAPRINCE

Can you also let us know if they give out the tiny deck pocket maps that show what is on each deck and if cinnamon is available in the buffet area at breakfast.

Thanks!:):D:halo:

MARAPRINCE

Dailies, pocket maps, cinnamon, check!

Hmmm, we "only" sailed the BA in 3 seasons, including BDA late Spring in 2016 - I stand corrected, there was never pocket guide/map like they used to do for the mid-sized ships. Oversized, interactive directories at key locations near staircases/elevators on every deck plus you can (pre-download & install) run the free iConcierge App for guides to decks and other info.

As for the crossing with the BA, we had calm seas, all but for maybe 12 hours with waves at 10' to15' enroute back to NY, which is relatively calm for a mega-ship. Worried, book a midship location on the lower floor - deck, 5 for a smoother ride, ship will rock-n-roll, pitching up & down as well as sideway movement. The outdoors were closed for several hours & roped off for the safety of all guests.

Here she was, BA sailing up the Hudson this morning around 5:45 AM - docking early but not as much as last week with a medical emergency onboard. Bon Voyage and have a safe trip !

956c50e748c582633c7141a86a489887.jpg

I'm sure you guys all have good reasons for wanting to know that info in advance.

But - is there any room for spontaneity, for going with the flow? DW and I are booked on the Getaway TA Oct 15. We have not been on the ship, but we do know our cabin # and that it is an aft cabin. Let the adventure begin, no preconceived ideas, no expectations to be disappointed about.

I'm sure you guys all have good reasons for wanting to know that info in advance.

But - is there any room for spontaneity, for going with the flow? DW and I are booked on the Getaway TA Oct 15. We have not been on the ship, but we do know our cabin # and that it is an aft cabin. Let the adventure begin, no preconceived ideas, no expectations to be disappointed about.

For me, yes. I love knowing all the minute details, I feel I get a better vacation. If I have a broad knowledge, I can adapt to situations easily. If I've got a mental picture of an area, or a list of restaurants in my head, when I'm hungry, I can easily venture to an area where I should find food, or ask someone how to get to a particular restaurant. For me, it makes my spontaneity more efficient, lol.

But that's me, I'm a little...overzealous...with my preplanning.