I messed up... how much for cab to plantation hotel?

SugarStar00

Ok, I screwed up big time and apparently booked the Hyatt place in plantation instead of the one on 17th st :rolleyes: It's a non refundable rate so I'm stuck. No shuttle of course either so... can someone tell me how much a cab might be? I know it's atleast a 20 min ride for airport. Thanks

Ok, I screwed up big time and apparently booked the Hyatt place in plantation instead of the one on 17th st :rolleyes: It's a non refundable rate so I'm stuck. No shuttle of course either so... can someone tell me how much a cab might be? I know it's atleast a 20 min ride for airport. Thanks

Are you talking tomorrow?

Are you flying into FLL? Even though it is peak season I would rent a car because a taxi is going to be $50 plus tip. Uber should be lower, but I don't know how much.

Yup tomorrow around 8pm.

Well, you'll be fine.

I just ran a faux reservation on Enterprise picking up at FLL tomorrow returning to the Hilton Marina on Saturday. A compact car is $39.45 inclusive of all taxes and fees. That might be a little lower than what you see because I get a whopping 5% discount for being a member of Enterprise's loyalty club.

And Enterprise will shuttle you from the Hilton to the pier.

Edit: Don't forget to bring a GPS if you don't have it on your phone.

I've never rented a car pre cruise before, how would I get to the port after I return it??

If you rent from Enterprise you would return it to the Enterprise location in the Hilton Marina on 17th Street and they will shuttle you to the pier. Easy peasy!

Once you get your luggage, pick up the car you can head out and stop for dinner, then go to the hotel. Let us know what you would like for dinner and we'll give you plenty of suggestions.

If you rent from Enterprise you would return it to the Enterprise location in the Hilton Marina on 17th Street and they will shuttle you to the pier. Easy peasy!

Once you get your luggage, pick up the car you can head out and stop for dinner, then go to the hotel. Let us know what you would like for dinner and we'll give you plenty of suggestions.

You're so helpful thank you. I. Still hesitant on renting a car, in my experience it's never that easy. Lol gosh I'm so mad at myself

You're so helpful thank you. I. Still hesitant on renting a car, in my experience it's never that easy. Lol gosh I'm so mad at myself

Stop being so hard on yourself. This is a blessing in disguise because you have been brainwashed by Cruise Critic that you need to be on 17th Street. That's just plain, old ignernce!

I live in Plantation just a few blocks from the Hyatt and you will be very happy with it. They just finished a complete remodel. It's close to two nice malls, a Publix Grocery Store, Total Wine and dozens of restaurants.

Make sure you make the car reservation online tonight. Type in FLL in the Location box and then be sure you check the box "Return to a different location" underneath and then type Fort Lauderdale in the return location. A list of locations will come up, look for Hilton Marina click on it and your return box will populate with that. When you pick the car up they will authorize your credit card for $200 for a deposit and $39.45 for the rental. After you return the car the $200 deposit authorization will drop off.

If you don't want to rent a car, just download the Uber app and use it.

Really easy and half the price of a cab.

Honestly this is much less of a disaster than you think. It's just pre travel stress.

Agree that Uber would be easier if you are unsure of the rental. You can check out how it all works on YouTube.

Uber will be easy. You won't have to worry about waiting on line for the rental, gassing the car up and returning.

I did mock request for you and the estimate of the charge tonight is $15.28 to go from your hotel to the port.

Right on the Uber page is a promo code worth up to $22 for your first Uber ride so one way will be free. Just sign up using the promo code of Feeling22 to receive the credit.

We've stayed at that Hyatt Place before when we couldn't get into the 17th St location. We had a rental car, but It's not really that far away that a taxi or Uber will be that expensive.

Bottom line: Roundtrip taxi fare is more than twice as high a rental and roundtrip Uber is about the same as a rental.

Been sitting here for 30min waiting for uber to even accept the ride. Uber stinks or I'm doing something wrong

No this is not normal. You should have an almost immediate reply. Where are you? Have you entered your destination? Seems like you didn't complete the steps?

Been sitting here for 30min waiting for uber to even accept the ride. Uber stinks or I'm doing something wrong

I've never had that happen anywhere and I've used Uber all over the country, even in Hawaii. Something is wrong. Maybe cancel out that ride and request another. Make sure you have input your address and your destination and then hit the Request Uber X button. You must have missed a step