Potty Chair?

Sooner-Cruisers

My little girl is 3 and is potty trained. She prefers using her potty chair at home, sometimes she'll use the potty seats, but rarely just the normal toilet.

I'm curious to what others in this position do. Bring the potty chair, just the seat topper, or chance it and hope they'll use the normal toilet?

Please weigh in with your opinion or experience. If you do bring the potty chair, do you pack it or just carry it in the open or a carry on bag?

Thank you!

My little girl is 3 and is potty trained. She prefers using her potty chair at home, sometimes she'll use the potty seats, but rarely just the normal toilet.

I'm curious to what others in this position do. Bring the potty chair, just the seat topper, or chance it and hope they'll use the normal toilet?

Please weigh in with your opinion or experience. If you do bring the potty chair, do you pack it or just carry it in the open or a carry on bag?

Thank you!

Seat topper - but that was how my kids were trained so that was normal. We strapped it to the exterior of the back pack - and always had wipes to sanitize.

We had a seat topper that was foldable. It did help my girl when she was away from home and eventually she didn't need it anymore.

One another thing: the toilets on the ship will make a huge noise when they're flushing so you might want to first have them out of the bathroom before flushing, and then have them heard the flush when they're away from the toilet.

Seat topper. She's going to want to use the restroom other places than the cabin, so a folding seat topper or the disposable ones. We also brought a step stool (the hollow plastic ones don't take up any room in the suitcase because items can be packed in them) which helped at the sink for washing hands/brushing teeth.

Best,

Mia

I guess I should add that the potty seat is great for peeing, she has no issues with public restrooms. It's going poop that I'm really concerned with, she pretty much only wants her little potty chair for that. That's my main concern, I don't want her to make herself sick holding it.

I guess I should add that the potty seat is great for peeing, she has no issues with public restrooms. It's going poop that I'm really concerned with, she pretty much only wants her little potty chair for that. That's my main concern, I don't want her to make herself sick holding it.

I'd try to get her to poop on a regular toilet (and I get the holding thing - one of my kids refused to poop in anything but a diaper for a year after he was pee trained!). The longer it's an issue, the harder it is. By the time I trained #5, that potty chair was no longer an option after the first few days - never used a seat topper, either.

We've been working on using the big toilet, it's not going great. For piece of mind, I found the smallest most lightweight potty chair on Amazon ($5) it's not great quality, but it will be good for a week cruise. It also seems less yucky to pack a potty chair that's never been used! ;)

We used the potette for DS1 and will likely bring it back out when it's time to potty train DS2 and DD1.

http://www.amazon.com/Kalencom-2-in-1-Potette-Plus-Red/dp/B0016KV73W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425353828&sr=8-1&keywords=potette

It can be used as both a standing potty by folding the legs into a standing position, using bags instead of a pot, and a seat topper with the legs parallel to the seat. We also brought a small folding step stool (the plastic kind that folds flat) to help him reach the sink in our cabin.

We also brought a step stool (the hollow plastic ones don't take up any room in the suitcase because items can be packed in them) which helped at the sink for washing hands/brushing teeth.

Best' date='

Mia[/quote']

We asked the for one in our cabin and it was there that night when we took our 2 year old

Get a Potette, little potty seat that folds and goes on to the toilet seat. I have brought one on vacation with my child for a couple years (he has a small butt). It works great. You can also us it off the potty with the bags, but I never tried that. Seems like a potential mess.

My son is four and I bring the one that just sits on top of the toilet. He will not poop without it or someone holding him as he is sure he'll fall in. Not something I would mess with! I'm just going to sanitize it really well and throw it where it fits.

We brought the Potette when our son was 3 and just potty trained. We wanted to make sure he felt comfortable and not regress. The seat fit well on the toilet and worked out great. We have used it with the bags for the car and those emergency situations when you can't get them to a bathroom fast enough. Love it. Last cruise our son was 4 and we didn't bring it. He was fine.

• 2 weeks later...

With four kids 6 and under, we've had kids in various stages of potty training on every cruise we've taken!

We've learned that the regular potty seat that we use at home (the one that sits on top of the toilet) works best, combined with a couple of step stools that we pack in our suitcases (turned upside down and filled with clothes).

For potty trips on the run while on the ship, we either head for the kids club, which has a child sized potty setup, use the regular grown-up toilets without the potty seat, or run the kids back to the room if needed. Making it easy and comfortable for the kids to go has meant that we avoided any setbacks (or accidents!)

The folding potty seats were a fail for us, as they tended to collapse. I'll be happy when we can leave the potty seat behind, but for now, I'm just thrilled that we don't have to set aside a suitcase for carrying on pampers any more!

• 2 weeks later...
We asked the for one in our cabin and it was there that night when we took our 2 year old

which cruise line? I know disney did, and RCL didn't. We brought dd's for RCL. After our disney one she wanted the same seat at home. She has a little butt, might as well make it easy!

We use the Babyjorn Toilet Trainer, now at home. That's what they had on Disney and once home she requested it. Sure, whatever kid! she still talks about it as her is red, and disney's was blue.

• 2 weeks later...

We are home, everything was great!

I bought a really small and cheap potty chair and packed it in my carry on bag. It was no big deal and didn't raise any suspicion going through the bag scanner. The only person that knew we had it was our cabin steward. We had prepared her for the loud potty and she did fine and dandy using both potties.