Room with a view in Miami?

Melismass

The holiday inn and Intercontinental are close to the pier. I think the holiday inn is probably more reasonably priced. We always use points and it takes quite a few more pts to acquire a room at the intercontinental so that leads me to believe it is more costly. Someone on this board said you can get intercontinental on price line. Make sure it is the one on Chopin tho.

We stayed at the HI Port of Miami in 2006 and while we weren't awake to watch the ships pull in, we did wake up early enough to watch the sun rise over the port. It was an amazing morning watching the sun come up and slowly being able to make out the various smokestacks on the ships.

This is the closest hotel to the port. If you book it, request a room on a high floor and with a view of the port.

It's a great location, you can see your ship come in from your room if you request one with a view. It is also directly opposite the Bayside Marketplace which is a great place to eat, browse the shops, sit and watch the water or the people, and listen to live music.

Before you make your final decision, I gotta plug the Marriott Biscayne Bay - it was incredible, and so much nicer than the HI Port of Miami. We have stayed both places and there was no comparison - the Marriott was way nicer, cleaner, great grounds and pool area, fabulous view (but you pay extra for it), and wonderful restaurant for dinner. There is a small shopping mall on the bottom floor and they have a little grocery store with Starbucks coffee and various breakfast items. The staff was incredible. We took the free "people-mover" tram over to the Bayside Marketplace in the afternoon, and came back by cab at night ($7.00). A cab to South Beach was $20.00. I think a cab to the pier in the morning was about $10.00.

See my pics in my signature.

The Holiday Inn has no availability on Feb. 1. I called because I didn't believe the website, but its true. Unavailable! They did however, refer me to the Intercontinental. $400.00 per night! Yea Right! I think I can do without the view. Thanks for all your suggestions. I will continue my search!

try the biscayne bay marriott...and since you need at least 4 or 5 rooms, call the hotel and ask for the sales office....(tell them you want to book a small group)...you might be able to get a better rate since the hotel will be assured of selling those rooms.....

it is high season though.....there may not be any bargains....

Keep checking back. We wanted to stay at the HI Bayside but it was "unavailable". I checked several times and finally was able to book it on Priority Club points. Sometimes groups down size or cancel and rooms become available.;)

Many of the hotels post their rates inside of one year in advance, and they do book up quickly because people book their cruises so early.

I hope you find something.

Hotels will book rooms years in advance for large groups. The Holiday Inn has rooms booked for the boat show through 2012.

We would really love to wake up and watch our ship pull into the port. We have 8 adults and 10 children, so price is an issue. Does anyone have any recomendations for a kid friendly room with a view?

Try www.Hotwire.com and see what they have downtown. If you are putting four people in a room, make sure you use that option. You are going in peak season so prices are at a premium.

I just checked Hotwire and they have several hotels in Coconut Grove and Coral Gables for under $175 per night that sleep four in a room.

There was also a three star condo listed for $173 per night.

I think the airport hotels were all around or less than $100 per night.

Keep checking back. We wanted to stay at the HI Bayside but it was "unavailable". I checked several times and finally was able to book it on Priority Club points. Sometimes groups down size or cancel and rooms become available.;)

Because of the large group, I would give up on the HI and definitely make some res this week wherever she can the availibility. The idea of trying to find rooms so close to the Feb date will be stressful. :eek: The OP is certainly on the right track when saying she'll give up the port view. She may have to give up more. Blue Herons had some great ideas. I certainly wouldn't wait to make the res. !

Archived