Looking for travel insurance to cover pre-exisitng conditions?

Travelling to the USA with heart cover isn't offered by many companies, but I found Insure and Go did cover. The online application/questionairre is user -friendly.

This site may help with those seeking cover for their pre-exisiting conditions:

https://www.finder.com.au/travel-insurance-for-heart-conditions

Yes I have used InsureandGo for the USA - I have pre-existing conditions. No claims so I can't comment on how good their claim process is. Forget CoverMore - they wouldn't even consider cover for the USA if you have pre-existing conditions. I don't use them anymore for anything.:)

I just got travel insurance with NRMA for my daughter who has had a lung transplant. They cover her for just about everything, even evacuation from the ship if necessary.

Funny that our health fund wouldn't cover her but our car insurance company will. :rolleyes:

Someone on another forum is insisting that travel insurance starts from the date a cruise is booked. They are saying if you take out insurance after you book say when you reach the date you deposit is not refundable. They are saying if you have to claim on si

something from the booking date you are not covered for it if it happened after booking. Does anyone have any experience with this? It does not seem right to me.

Edited by cruisine21

Someone on another forum is insisting that travel insurance starts from the date a cruise is booked. They are saying if you take out insurance after you book say when you reach the date you deposit is not refundable. They are saying if you have to claim on si

something from the booking date you are not covered for it if it happened after booking. Does anyone have any experience with this? It does not seem right to me.

I think there are some policies like this. Need to read the PDS!

I think there are some policies like this. Need to read the PDS!

They are saying that even if you declare a pre existing condition when taking out a policy you are not covered for that condition if you take the policy out after you booked.

I checked with Covermore and they said cover starts on the date the policy is issued as long as the pre existing conditions are declared.

They are saying that even if you declare a pre existing condition when taking out a policy you are not covered for that condition if you take the policy out after you booked.

I checked with Covermore and they said cover starts on the date the policy is issued as long as the pre existing conditions are declared.

You'd have to be an idiot to take out an insurance policy on a cruise that you hadn't booked yet. I wouldn't deal with that company they sound like shysters to me.