Anthem.. On board now... No disembark info YET

Cruising4

11pm on night 6 of 7. Nothing about disembark other than a small print blurb advising to watch channel 14 tomorrow.

No tags...

Every other cruise line was forthcoming with options.

Doing everything I can to avoid guest services!

Thanks

11pm on night 6 of 7. Nothing about disembark other than a small print blurb advising to watch channel 14 tomorrow.

No tags...

Every other cruise line was forthcoming with options.

Doing everything I can to avoid guest services!

Thanks

You don't disembark until Sunday morning. You'll have all your information on Saturday.

Why don't you ask guest services who will likely be able to give you a better answer than a load of people who aren't on board on a forum ?

Honestly, the people here know more than those at guest services and I don't need to stand in that slow moving line.

I never considered we'd get the information in the morning on the last sea day.

I was off by a day in my original message, it's been a great cruise and my brain is mush!

Thanks

I was also on the 2/7 cruise with Gail. I spoke to the taxi dispatcher to find out about what they offer for transportation to EWR. He said shared transportation was $20/pp. Taxi dispatcher folks are stationed at the exit from customs to arrange this (they are no longer across the drop off lanes on the bus island).

Apparently the local taxis/shuttles are all staged in the large open parking lot across from the parking garage. This means you would have to be able to roll your luggage just a bit to get to them. Probably not much more of a walk than getting to the opposite end of the bus islands.

I was also on the 2/7 cruise with Gail. I spoke to the taxi dispatcher to find out about what they offer for transportation to EWR. He said shared transportation was $20/pp. Taxi dispatcher folks are stationed at the exit from customs to arrange this (they are no longer across the drop off lanes on the bus island).

Apparently the local taxis/shuttles are all staged in the large open parking lot across from the parking garage. This means you would have to be able to roll your luggage just a bit to get to them. Probably not much more of a walk than getting to the opposite end of the bus islands.

You are always so helpful. Much appreciated. I can manage my luggage no problem. As a solo traveler, do I just walk up to the Taxi dispatcher and ask for Shared transportation or must I arrange prior to debarkation. I don't want to end up as a solo in a taxi :).

You are always so helpful. Much appreciated. I can manage my luggage no problem. As a solo traveler, do I just walk up to the Taxi dispatcher and ask for Shared transportation or must I arrange prior to debarkation. I don't want to end up as a solo in a taxi :).

My understanding is that you just walk up and ask for a transfer to EWR for one in a shared shuttle. If you want more details I would try calling:

Bayonne City Yellow Cab

201-339-5000

You might have to wait a little. The one time I needed a shuttle ride was to the light rail station and I had to wait a bit until they had a few people who wanted to go locally to either the light rail or the Stop and Shop shopping center. However I would imagine a shared shuttle to EWR would be popular.

Sunday. Our ship is sold out, so I expect that to be crowded, but there shouldn't be too much traffic. One final question about debarkation (I promise). Is there a better position to be in in terms of aft/forward for debarkation and going through customs?

I'm carry on luggage only and my cabin is mid ship so I can head to either end of the ship to get off. I sailed Epic few months ago and while they debarked both forward/aft, the TSA checkpoints were WAY aft so those that went forward (like me) ended up backtracking entire length of ship (I needed the exercise anyway, but it also caused us to wait in a longer line).

Thanks Carol!

Sunday. Our ship is sold out, so I expect that to be crowded, but there shouldn't be too much traffic. One final question about debarkation (I promise). Is there a better position to be in in terms of aft/forward for debarkation and going through customs?

I'm carry on luggage only and my cabin is mid ship so I can head to either end of the ship to get off. I sailed Epic few months ago and while they debarked both forward/aft, the TSA checkpoints were WAY aft so those that went forward (like me) ended up backtracking entire length of ship (I needed the exercise anyway, but it also caused us to wait in a longer line).

Thanks Carol!

The ship usually backs in, so the aft is closer to the customs area of the terminal. I self disembarked at 7 am, literally walked straight through customs with no line, was picked up by a shuttle at 7:45, and was at a hotel on the north side of the airport at 8:10.

There was a staggering amount of luggage waiting in customs already! I have no idea how long it would take to find a bag that was not properly sorted to the correct number.

Why don't you ask guest services who will likely be able to give you a better answer than a load of people who aren't on board on a forum ?

With all due respect, but the tags and information for debarkation are left in your stateroom the day prior to debarkation. For those that cruise a lot, they do know the answer!!!

Is this also where I would ask for a shuttle to Newark Penn Station?