Grand Central Station

babs135

Ok, it's a long shot that someone can answer, but I'll give it a try.

We are thinking of doing an organised tour of the Station and I've found a free one (we've used this firm before and they are very good) and there is, of course, the official one. Because it is a specific tour, I'm wondering if the official one may be the better choice?

Any thoughts?

Ok, it's a long shot that someone can answer, but I'll give it a try.

We are thinking of doing an organised tour of the Station and I've found a free one (we've used this firm before and they are very good) and there is, of course, the official one. Because it is a specific tour, I'm wondering if the official one may be the better choice?

Any thoughts?

Are you sure the "free" tour is "free"? I went to the Grand Central Terminal webpage, and they offer a tour by a docent, by a non profit organization, which I'm sure the docent is very well trained and knowledgeable.

Have you considered the audio tour? I see it is $9.00 pp I personally enjoy audio tours, because you can go at your own pace and don't have to be herded like a group of cattle.

Grand central station - which country?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry, New York

Are you sure the "free" tour is "free"? I went to the Grand Central Terminal webpage, and they offer a tour by a docent, by a non profit organization, which I'm sure the docent is very well trained and knowledgeable.

Have you considered the audio tour? I see it is $9.00 pp I personally enjoy audio tours, because you can go at your own pace and don't have to be herded like a group of cattle.

The free tour is organised by Freetoursbyfoot who only ask for a donation at the end of the tour. Not thought about an audio tour.

Because of scheduling issues, I did the audio tour a couple of years ago and enjoyed it; liked going at my own pace. I imagine the "live" tour would be quite interesting too. OP: have a great time whatever you decide; it's a beautiful, interesting, and historic building.

Grand%20Central%20Station%201024x588_zpspsnahwt3.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

As a New Yorker need to point this out as the OP Title of this thread is Grand Central Station. The US Postal Service does not give any tours of Grand Central Station which is a post office at 450 Lexington Ave. You maybe referring to the name of an earlier railroad station on the same site

Grand Central Terminal on the other hand...

This page has the Audio and docent lead tour information but many sites also sell the Audio tour and it is parkt of a package with NY Pass etc.

http://www.grandcentralterminal.com/info/tours.cfm