tropical storm in Bahamas this week

Not_Done_Living

I could see them holding back in the Chesapeake for a day or two and dropping Turk could be a possibility. I think Bermuda would have the same issues with high seas. But you never know. It's seems that we would be heading right for this storm and meet it somewhere of ga

Two giant hurricanes during two long cruises. Most ports diverted. Port Canavral seems to e a favorite port that CCL likes to divert to. That was one of our stops instead of San Juan. Sorry.

Don't think I would even get off the ship in Port Canavral

Don't think I would even get off the ship in Port Canavral

Tell me about it, been diverted there once, while the whole town was packing up for a huge storm. All excursions cancelled. CCL was kind enough to let us use their employee shuttle bus that went to Walmart.

Next time I was there was this year when unfortunately it was a port of call for my Splendor cruise out of NYC.

Never again. I really hate it there.:mad:

When can we find out what Carnivals plans are? If we are diverted does carnival give passengers anything in return? Leaving on the Fascination on Monday out of Jacksonville.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We got nothing for the three ports we were diverted from. I do believe CCL gave us a 10% discount for a cruise if used within the next year. Do not expect a credit on the existing cruise.. Your contract says they have the right to change ports.

We're boarding Sensation this morning (don't ask why I'm still awake at this hour!)...But we called Carnival earlier at 11pm and asked what, if any were their plans for the possible storm.

The reps response was as of that time, everything is scheduled as planned so if there's any diversion, I'm guessing it's going to happen as the ships sailing.

From what I see on Accu weather as of 3am, Freeport for Monday is still predicted to be sunny and pleasant...but it's Tuesday at Nassau that looks to be the big storm day.

So I'm guessing we'll get Freeport but divert somewhere else for Tuesday...I wouldn't mind if they go to Key West or something...but so far, the sailing is planned as normal.

Now I'm going to try and sleep...it's the pre cruise excitement lol...I'm too wired to sleep haha. :)

As of the 620 AM update, the cone of uncertainty (I always wanted to use that phrase) still shows the probable eye path staying east of the Bahamas. One model is even showing the storm turning back eastward sometime today. Odds are this will be a rain event for the Bahamas rather than a wind storm.