Captain & Cruise Director on Sojourn

difranco

Re Sojourn: Capt Sigurd is in charge and Sophie is the CD.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Thanks Markham. Hamish Elliot was captain three weeks ago so they must just have swapped. We're back on next week, so any info on the chef and HD also please?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

galeforce9,

I don't know who the chef is but I know from the Seabourn club about some of the officers. (I emailed them just a few days ago.)

The HM is Helmut Huber. Belindah is the Cust Svc Mgr.

Currently onboard Sojourn.

Hamish Elliot is the Captain.

Sophie Tehrani is Cruise Director but I believe she is being replaced by John Howells in the next couple of weeks.

Paul Miller (from Coatbridge in Scotland) is the Chef so plenty of haggis, stovies, porridge, cullen skink, tattie scones on the menus ...... just a joke ..... food is very good.

Helmut Huber is Hotel Director

Marcelo Alfonso is F&B.

Restaurant Manager is Ulrike Genthe.

• 2 weeks later...

Little late in responding to this as I was with Roxburgh on the Sojourn. Both Captain and CD were swapped out on Thursday at Monte Carlo as was a large portion of the staff. Both Capt. Elliot and Sophie will be back on in January. I think there is some shuffling going on to staff up the Encore and get training done for both new ships. Roxburgh was correct on the new cruise director but I failed to get the new Captain's name. (They actually had three on for the last week with a visitor from Princess and the new Capt. as well as Capt. Elliot). We were privileged to have dinner with Capt. Elliot and his lovely wife Gail one evening and got quite a bit of insider info on the refittings for Alaska that were going on....they were installing cranes for the Zodiacs. But I think the captain and his wife were very much looking forward to some R&R. Another think I noted was that more than a few crew members had their families on for a portion of the cruise, including Sophie's mom who was delightful.

Just by the by....the MDR was open for breakfast and lunch EVERY day except embarkation/debarkation days. We only ate lunch there once but I checked the Herald every day.

Little late in responding to this as I was with Roxburgh on the Sojourn. Both Captain and CD were swapped out on Thursday at Monte Carlo as was a large portion of the staff. Both Capt. Elliot and Sophie will be back on in January. I think there is some shuffling going on to staff up the Encore and get training done for both new ships. Roxburgh was correct on the new cruise director but I failed to get the new Captain's name. (They actually had three on for the last week with a visitor from Princess and the new Capt. as well as Capt. Elliot). We were privileged to have dinner with Capt. Elliot and his lovely wife Gail one evening and got quite a bit of insider info on the refittings for Alaska that were going on....they were installing cranes for the Zodiacs. But I think the captain and his wife were very much looking forward to some R&R. Another think I noted was that more than a few crew members had their families on for a portion of the cruise, including Sophie's mom who was delightful.

Just by the by....the MDR was open for breakfast and lunch EVERY day except embarkation/debarkation days. We only ate lunch there once but I checked the Herald every day.

Restaurant still open for breakfast and lunch. Can't recall cruise director and captains name. Sat on a bus in Rome at present. Will report back later. Cruise director is from Nottinghamshire uk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am on Sojourn now and have correct information on who is who.

There are a few new to Seabourn officers:

Timothy Roberts, ex HAL, is the captain. He is relaxed, experienced and very pleasant. In some ways he reminds me of Capt Bathgate whose Odyssey is

berthed behind us in Civitavechia and who just visited Capt Roberts today.

The CD is Ross Roberts. Very friendly (of course!) and British.

The Hotel Mgr is Jason, Canadian and lives in Perth, Australia. Again, very friendly and experienced.

Seems to me Seabourn has done very well with these new additions to the family! In the 2 days since we joined Sojourn in Monte Carlo I have had some time with all of them.

I am on Sojourn now and have correct information on who is who.

There are a few new to Seabourn officers:

Timothy Roberts, ex HAL, is the captain. He is relaxed, experienced and very pleasant. In some ways he reminds me of Capt Bathgate whose Odyssey is

berthed behind us in Civitavechia and who just visited Capt Roberts today.

The CD is Ross Roberts. Very friendly (of course!) and British.

The Hotel Mgr is Jason, Canadian and lives in Perth, Australia. Again, very friendly and experienced.

Seems to me Seabourn has done very well with these new additions to the family! In the 2 days since we joined Sojourn in Monte Carlo I have had some time with all of them.

We disembarked at Monaco and there was a big changeover of senior crew there.

I got the new CD wrong in my earlier post (bad info from friends) but the others were all correct when we were on board. We saw the delightful Sophie in Nice airport and were able to go over a couple of tricky trivia questions. She told us that she expects to be back on Sojourn in January (and has left half her stuff there as a result).

Timothy Roberts came on board about 10 days before the handover. I heard him tell some crew members that he was a captain but did not put two and two together until I heard that Captain Hamish was going on leave.

I was not aware that the Hotel manager was also changing over.

Could anyone sailing on the Sojourn let me know who the current Captain and

Cruise director are. Purely out of curiosity as joining the vessel next month.

I disembarked the Sojourn on Thursday.

Both Captain Hamish and Cruise Director Sophie were disembarking the same day.

The daily Programme for Thursday stated that the new CD was to be Ross Roberts and the Captain Timothy Roberts.

Watch this space for my review...

30751163761_7defaae4a1_z.jpg

Edited by Solent Richard