Nassau British Colonial Hilton (yes/no, your thoughts?)

Kreativ' Gal

I'm thinking about doing a day pass there with my kids.prices are reasonable and it's close to the ship.it says its refundable if the ships doesn't go into port.and you don't pay the full amount up front, just a deposit. We are traveling dec20-27

I like the British Colonial Hilton Day Pass. I've used it 3 times, and you're right they sell out months in advance. I like that they limit the number of Day Passes to keep the resort private and quiet. I think it's an amazing value and I've always been treated kindly by all the staff. Each time I booked I used resort for a day dot com I would recommend book as far in advance as possible even if you are just thinking about it. If you change your mind or find another resort you can cancel and get a refund up to 11 days before your sailing departure date. The British Colonial is less than a 5 minute walk from the port, very nice quiet beach with beach cabanas and pool cabanas. Shaded lounge chairs, and water toys and water equipment use is included. It was a perfectly relaxing day off the ship.

I can't recommend Resort for a Day. I booked the British Colonial day pass with them, received a confirmation, and the deposit was charged to my credit card. I thought everything was set. Then on the morning of the day we left on the cruise they sent me an email saying that they made a mistake, there was no availability, and my reservation was cancelled. I was very upset.

The British Colonial Hilton is very nice and has a small pool and small beach near the ships. It is more of a business hotel than a resort.

The Melia has several pools and a big stretch of Cable Beach. It is a resort hotel. Both hotels have good websites with good photos.

• 3 weeks later...
The British Colonial Hilton is very nice and has a small pool and small beach near the ships. It is more of a business hotel than a resort.

The Melia has several pools and a big stretch of Cable Beach. It is a resort hotel. Both hotels have good websites with good photos.

Did you buy your passes for the British Colonial Hilton directly through the hotel or did you go to a specific website? I see a pass online for them for $60 per person on a site called Island Marketing and I found another site called Paradise Island selling them for $65.

If you go to Melia would you have to take a taxi or is there a less expensive way of getting there? Also did you buy this pass through the hotel?

We are going in 2 weeks and any info would be greatly appreciated.

I just bought passes 2 days ago through resort for a day. It was $60 per adult with a $40 food and beverage credit and 1 child pass was $30 with a $20 food and beverage credit. The twins are 5 and all under 6 kids are free and eat free. We got the passes because I just want to relax and it seems like a peaceful location that the kids can play on the beach and I don't have to worry about them as much as I would at a public beach. We cruise on November 28th so I can post pics and a review when we return!

I just bought passes 2 days ago through resort for a day. It was $60 per adult with a $40 food and beverage credit and 1 child pass was $30 with a $20 food and beverage credit. The twins are 5 and all under 6 kids are free and eat free. We got the passes because I just want to relax and it seems like a peaceful location that the kids can play on the beach and I don't have to worry about them as much as I would at a public beach. We cruise on November 28th so I can post pics and a review when we return!

Sounds very nice! And within walking distance. We sail on the 21st of November. Oh how was the food...do you need to dress up at all for inside or is there outside stands that serve food? We did an all inclusive in Jamaica and we could eat anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

11013403_917395814963189_6375577437521763935_n.jpg.deda1479927019f9dc46e805fe53096b.jpg

11891069_917395911629846_2108191629632062996_n.jpg.c88614a05b5e4b89ea0bb64ea27299ba.jpg

11885218_917422061627231_3437581070405218120_n.jpg.d7be44ba9c1e7d2d0b1d8a8ec52f69d1.jpg

1567601186_menu4.jpg.db17e3d68c009363e1688bf964e6eb8e.jpg

11899889_917355051633932_5199935523011052431_n.jpg.228cdba5928f7b4f832f4eb233dd1c81.jpg

I didn't know I could add pictures. I honestly would recommend booking the Hilton as early as possible, even if you are just considering it. Many people research before they book and then miss out when they decide they do want to book. If you book on resortforaday your deposit is refundable up to 11 days before your ship sails.

Thank you for the pictures they were great!

We checked one site online for the passes and they responded with an eamil telling us they were sold out and then we checked another site and were able to get the passes for the Hilton.

We look forward to relaxing by the beach.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you and please do that! I plan to take my grands there in May. :)

debbie

Just got back from Nassau and purchased the day pass at the BC Hilton.

It was relaxing and a nice area. Easy to get to from the ship..about a ten minute walk. It is a small area with a beach and a pool. The cost of $60 gives you a $40 food credit. My husband had two specialty drinks and I had one. We each ordered burgers and nachos at the pool bar for our lunch. I was told this was the only place to eat with the pass. I asked for a glass of water with our meal and was given a small plastic bottle of water for $3. With tax and gratuity added to the bill the cost was a bit over $100. So that added a little over $20 to our bill. So is this a good deal?

Our ship did not get to port until noon so that already took time out of our day there. This is something you may want to check on. I did not and assumed we would be there early morn.

Our friends went to Atlantis which cost them over $80 apiece. They were not taken to the regular beach as it was off limits because of the wind. They were taken to a different beach area and they said that was also to windy to lay out. Plus it took them almost an hour to get there, even though it is really not to far away. They bought lunch for four of them and it cost them over $100.

So they spent over $400 and we spent a little over $140 and we were able to lay at the beach because the Hilton is not on the same side as Atlantis so it was not to windy for us.

They may be other excursions which are better...but for a relaxing day at the beach and good burgers...expensive but good. We thought it was worth it.

I just bought passes 2 days ago through resort for a day. It was $60 per adult with a $40 food and beverage credit and 1 child pass was $30 with a $20 food and beverage credit. The twins are 5 and all under 6 kids are free and eat free.

Can you confirm that children who are free get free food/beverage credit??

I was under the impression kids 5 and under are free, but there was no voucher for food. Please let us know how this was handled. thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Can you confirm that children who are free get free food/beverage credit??

I was under the impression kids 5 and under are free, but there was no voucher for food. Please let us know how this was handled. thanks.

From the handful of websites that I've visited while researching this - I've found that children under 5 are free but that doesn't include free food. I've only read that with the purchase of a child's ticket then you get a $20 food credit

• 4 weeks later...
Did you buy your passes for the British Colonial Hilton directly through the hotel or did you go to a specific website? I see a pass online for them for $60 per person on a site called Island Marketing and I found another site called Paradise Island selling them for $65.

If you go to Melia would you have to take a taxi or is there a less expensive way of getting there? Also did you buy this pass through the hotel?

We are going in 2 weeks and any info would be greatly appreciated.

You can take the #10 Jitney bus for $1.25 each person each way. Ive done the melia, great beach, pools are good. lobby is amazing!

Ive also done junkanoo... so i am trying to decide this time where togo.