Why No New Zealand Only Cruises

donaldsc

Cruises aren't really all that great for seeing countries in depth, the port stops are just teasers.

But after years of land-based shlepping around countries I'm more than happy to sit back on a cruise and treat the ports as icing on the cake. :)

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Cruises aren't really all that great for seeing countries in depth, the port stops are just teasers.

But after years of land-based shlepping around countries I'm more than happy to sit back on a cruise and treat the ports as icing on the cake. :)

We're the same, plus we can't fly anymore and health issues make spending more than half a day too much and if I then had to drive between towns I'd need a day or two rest before looking around, so cruising suits us to a T.

• 2 weeks later...

We did a 13 day NZ cruise from Sydney and return this past March on the ROS, and except for the 2 days at sea to reach the Sounds, and back to Sydney, it was port intensive. I recommend the NZ cruise and going thru the Sounds. If you have any questions, my email address is below my countdown clock.

• 3 months later...
Just returned from an Australia NZ cruise. Too many sea days. I would do a land tour instead of cruise. Not enough to see from ship in NZ.

I agree. NZ is a small country. A land tour is a better way to see NZ than a cruise. I have done both and there is no comparison.

However, for those who enjoy cruising, then cruising (with no packing and unpacking) is an relaxing way to get a taste of NZ. Enough, hopefully, for a return longer visit.

Maybe, in time, they will have NZ only cruises with overnight stays in a number of ports, which would be a good option.