Should I worry

Iamthesea

Looking at the online docs today, I discovered a discrepancy.

A few weeks ago, I changed my stateroom from a CC to a Suite. MyCelebrity shows the new stateroom number, and so does the Xpress Pass. However, my online documentation (Guest Ticket Booklet) still list the old stateroom number. So do the printable online luggage tags.

Should I be worried? I sure would hate to board the ship and find that we were still in the old stateroom. :(

Today, I ordered the luggage tags that are to be mailed. I will feel better if the new stateroom is listed on them.

Edited by Iamthesea

OK, but 4 weeks ahead is not what I call a last minute change.

My DH and I changed our stateroom for a precious cruise, much closer to the cruise, and all documentation was correct.

But, I will not worry...I will not worry. :D

Edited by Iamthesea

OK, but 4 weeks ahead is not what I call a last minute change.

My DH and I changed our stateroom for a precious cruise, much closer to the cruise, and all documentation was correct.

But, I will not worry...I will not worry. :D

Hi Iamthesea,

Did you try viewing your guest ticket document online to see if they updated it? In your My Celebrity, click on online check-in (under your manage reservation tab. Below the check in progress section is another section called Ready for you - it gives you the option to view your guest ticket booklet online (as well as to download a pdf copy). Hopefully they've updated it so that you can have some peace of mind :)

Hope that helps :)

Karen

The guest ticket booklet is "generated" quite a few weeks before the cruise (10 or so?). Once it is, it doesn't update. Although they publish it online these days, it's still the same process as if it were paper printed.

Edited by florisdekort

The guest ticket booklet is "generated" quite a few weeks before the cruise (10 or so?). Once it is, it doesn't update. Although they publish it online these days, it's still the same process as if it were paper printed.

You should be fine, but I call can't hurt at least it'll give you peace of mind.

Thank you! ;)

One other thing. The GTB list that gratuities are prepaid, and that we have drink packages, however nothing is written about the 2 OBC's that we are to receive. :confused:

Edited by Iamthesea

Thank you! ;)

One other thing. The GTB list that gratuities are prepaid, and that we have drink packages, however nothing is written about the 2 OBC's that we are to receive. :confused:

I also can't see anywhere on my travel documents of the onboard credit. I'm the TA for my booking so I know it's definitely there, but should it show up on the cruise summary or cruise booklet somewhere?

Will it be showing up on our account on embarkation day! Etc balance -$400?

I would call them. We had something similar occur last summer. They left off the OBC in the booklet. Unfortunately, the booklet was received at our house the day we left for the trip. It took 4 visits to the desk and a few days to straighten it out. It was ok in the end, but personally, I don't want to spend my vacation discussing about things like that.

Ohiodoglover

I also can't see anywhere on my travel documents of the onboard credit. I'm the TA for my booking so I know it's definitely there, but should it show up on the cruise summary or cruise booklet somewhere?

On board credits don't usually show up until the second day.

I would call them. We had something similar occur last summer. They left off the OBC in the booklet. Unfortunately, the booklet was received at our house the day we left for the trip. It took 4 visits to the desk and a few days to straighten it out. It was ok in the end, but personally, I don't want to spend my vacation discussing about things like that.

Ohiodoglover

I have not heard of anyone actually receiving the cruise booklet by mail in a long time! :D

I do have all the paperwork from the original booking (invoices, screen shots of it showing in MyCelebrity - before final payment) showing the OBC.

LuckiePuris - As Ma Bell said, we have rarely seen the OBC show up on our account until a couple of days into the cruise.

I have not heard of anyone actually receiving the cruise booklet by mail in a long time! :D

I do have all the paperwork from the original booking (invoices, screen shots of it showing in MyCelebrity - before final payment) showing the OBC.

LuckiePuris - As Ma Bell said, we have rarely seen the OBC show up on our account until a couple of days into the cruise.

Bring it all with you but if there's a discrepancy I wish you luck.

On our most recent cruise on the Eclipse I had the paperwork showing we should get $350 OBC from booking on board the year before but they showed $300 and that's all they would give me.

I argued for a while but it just became too much trouble for $50.

(What I wanted to know was, where did they even get $300 from.

It was, and still is , $350 OBC if you book a 14 day cruise in Aqua onboard. :confused::confused::confused: )

Nowhere on the Celebrity receipts did / do I see our OBC that was on the receipt from our TA.

Call Celebrity and verify... You can do this or your TA can do this. My OBC shows on my confirmation sheet. If it does not it sometimes takes a week or so but after that it should show. You will not necessarily see it in your booklet that you receive or print out so know what you have ahead of time so it will make verifying onboard a much simpliar process and avoid any confusion once onboard!

Enjoy your cruise!

~Steve

Bring it all with you but if there's a discrepancy I wish you luck.

On our most recent cruise on the Eclipse I had the paperwork showing we should get $350 OBC from booking on board the year before but they showed $300 and that's all they would give me.

I argued for a while but it just became too much trouble for $50.

(What I wanted to know was, where did they even get $300 from.

It was, and still is , $350 OBC if you book a 14 day cruise in Aqua onboard. :confused::confused::confused: )

I am not sure where the $300 versus $350 came from, but the amounts HAVE changed. The AQ is now grouped with the standard verandah and CC. Got the following on our Equinox cruise when we were booking another cruise with the FCC. I was surprised to see the OBC amounts had changed. :(

IMG_5120.jpg.c909e3602e0e00755db7c17164348ed4.jpg

Edited by Iamthesea

Of all the things people suggest you take with you [most of which are not needed] the one thing I always take is any print out receipt etc showing OBC drinks package pre-paid diners etc. Even just an email shoeing you are getting OBC.

I am not sure where the $300 versus $350 came from, but the amounts HAVE changed. The AQ is now grouped with the standard verandah and CC. Got the following on our Equinox cruise when we were booking another cruise with the FCC. I was surprised to see the OBC amounts had changed. :(

I can't see your picture but, yes, I misspoke, I know the amounts have changed.

We booked a 14 day for 2017 at the beginning of our Eclipse cruise Feb. 15th or so. Got $350 OBC.

Booked a second 14 day cruise near the end(Feb. 26th) and the OBC has gone down to $250.

With all of the 1, 2, 3 benefits they had to cut back somewhere!

Edited by chamima

Did you click on the photo? :)

I don't understand how you were able to get the higher amount of OBC on February 15th. :confused: We booked the day we embarked the Equinox (Feb. 2nd) and the amounts had already gone done. :(

Seems odd that you would get one amount at the beginning of your cruise, and a lesser amount towards the end. Sounds like someone made a mistake. I wish that our FCC had made that same mistake. :D

Edited by Iamthesea

Did you click on the photo? :)

I don't understand how you were able to get the higher amount of OBC on February 15th. :confused: We booked the day we embarked the Equinox (Feb. 2nd) and the amounts had already gone done. :(

Seems odd that you would get one amount at the beginning of your cruise, and a lesser amount towards the end. Sounds like someone made a mistake. I wish that our FCC had made that same mistake. :D

They originally gave me the $250 but I had printed out an email from Celebrity (no clue why I did this or why i brought it with me) that said we got $350 so the Future Cruise person was able to go into the system and change it. By Feb. 26th the system would no longer allow him to change it.

And, yes, I clicked on the photo. Still wasn't clear enough to read.

EDIT: I zoomed in and could see what you were saying.

Edited by chamima

They originally gave me the $250 but I had printed out an email from Celebrity (no clue why I did this or why i brought it with me) that said we got $350 so the Future Cruise person was able to go into the system and change it. By Feb. 26th the system would no longer allow him to change it.

And, yes, I clicked on the photo. Still wasn't clear enough to read.

EDIT: I zoomed in and could see what you were saying.

Funny...I too took along that email and the flyer from my cruise a few months earlier. All I got was..."the amounts change." :rolleyes:

I have a computer screen the size of my smallest TV. :D It didn't occur to me that not everyone can see the photos by way of how CruiseCritic attaches photos. I usually try to upload my photos on Photobucket and then post them here. It's such a pain to have to do so, but here is a larger version of the brochure for those that cannot see it. :)

IMG_5120_zps6nr7putg.jpg

My email was dated after Feb. 1 and he said they were aware some people had gotten that (in error) and were honoring the old OBC for those people.

Maybe I just got lucky for once.

Also, read my post below in reference to an email sent out from Celebrity's new exec. Lisa Lutoff-Perlo.

I may be getting ALL of my info on a 2 month delay. :p ;)

Thanks.

Never got it but that doesn't surprise me.

In the last 2 weeks since we've been home I must have gotten 10 "book your excursion" and "book your specialty dining" emails for our "upcoming " cruise.

Since we don't have anything booked until 2016 I clicked on the links to see what they were talking about.

ALL of the links referred to the two sailings we've just completed.

The emails were sent in March 2015 for cruises in February 2015.

I also think I got one "thanks for booking" our "upcoming" February 2015 cruise.

My 2 year old granddaughter might run a more efficient IT dept. :p

Edited by chamima

My email came that same week, right before we left. I did not have a paper copy, but it was in my email on my iPad.

I distinctly remember telling the FCC that I had just received an email outlining the OBC benefits for booking with him and that we were to get $$$ amounts.:rolleyes: Again, he just replied that there was a change. I even had the benefit papers from the cruise before. There had also been a thread about the OBC on Cruise Critic shortly before we left. Someone had just gotten off a cruise and outlined what I had in writing. I had everything written down about the cruises, dates, amount of OBC we were to receive, and the 123 GO benefits. We were booking 2 more cruises for ourselves and one for my brother. I had already told my brother what he would receive.

I think that you had a very good FCC. :) I wish that I had been more persistent with ours. :mad: Soon after our visit with him (FCC), I posted here on CC about the change in onboard booking credit amounts.

The FCC on the Equinox seemed confident, but he messed up one or two things during the booking. We were to receive corrected invoices in the stateroom by that evening. Never received them! When we returned home, there were 5 invoices waiting in my email. We found that almost all had errors. One cruise was doubled booked. My brother and SIL's cruise was in our name. (This although we had a paper copy that was correct. :rolleyes:) He had charged Vacation Protection when we requested none. OBC's were not showing, and we received a "Future Booking" letter where we had not booked anything but firm bookings. I spent about an hour with Celebrity trying to fix everything.:eek: