Carnival Valor - Air Conditioning

Our last 2 cruises were on the Carnival Magic. Both times we had A/C problems and could never get our cabin cool enough to sleep comfortably or shower or stay in there any longer than we had to.

Now we are considering a cruise on the Carnival Valor. I realize this is an older ship but wondering if the A/C problem exists on this ship. Maybe Carnival has new A/C settings not allowing temperatures to go below a certain temp on all/any of their ships now. Our first 2 cruises on Carnival were on the Conquest and we had no problems but that was 8/9 years ago...

TIA

We had issues on our last carnival cruise (destiny) about 3 years ago. We kept complaining and finally we were told carnival doesn't consider it a problem unless the temp on the room registers over 76 degrees. Our room was coming in around 75 which was WAY too hot for us. They ended up giving us a fan. I wish I had said we wanted to use the 24 hour vacation guarantee because we were miserable. We are book on victory in sept and I am hoping it's better

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we were on Valor in December - port side balcony deck 8 towards the rear - and we had no problems. I prefer to sleep cold with covers and was able to do just that. During the day it warmed up a tiny bit but nothing near uncomfortable.

My last Carnival cruises, Magic, Fascination and Valor were too warm...I bring an indoor therometer it went to 76 and 77 on all three ships, usually find around 3am it gets a lot warmer on the coolest setting then around 7-8am it cooled down more....we had to get a fan which did not help...we also ask for the heavy bedding to be taken off and just leave a sheet and regular blanket, still too wrm...we sleep 71-73 comfortably. I did call maintenance each time, their temperature reading matched mine but it seemed in the day to early evening to hold 74/75 which they said is acceptable...but during the night it always got warmer.

My last Carnival cruises, Magic, Fascination and Valor were too warm...I bring an indoor therometer it went to 76 and 77 on all three ships, usually find around 3am it gets a lot warmer on the coolest setting then around 7-8am it cooled down more....we had to get a fan which did not help...we also ask for the heavy bedding to be taken off and just leave a sheet and regular blanket, still too wrm...we sleep 71-73 comfortably. I did call maintenance each time, their temperature reading matched mine but it seemed in the day to early evening to hold 74/75 which they said is acceptable...but during the night it always got warmer.

I'm afraid of this happening again :( What cabin # were you in on Valor?

We sailed "Valor" a couple of months ago, and nearly FROZE in all the public rooms. Cabin was a very nice, cool temperature for sleeping. I'd say,,,take a light jacket, or sweater for evenings inside. ;p

Well, it also depends upon when you cruise....if you cruise during summer months surely its going to be warmer....and the ac has to work harder....I don't recall which cabin number but one was on deck 8 Portside near forward staircase, the other was in the aft probably around 8-11 cabins to the front on the Empress Deck 7 and the other was deck 9 midship, all different locations.

The interior can be nice and cool but the staterooms ugh!

We sailed on the Valor last year and the a/c was fine. In fact we have 12 cruises all on Carnival and have not any a/c problems. I turn the thermostat down and my wife turns it back up. This usually goes on all week. We normally cruise Nov-Apr and that probably helps with the inside temps.

Unfortunately, we had an identical experience on the Freedom last May while in a Grand Suite. The only negative besides a meh $$$ excursion in Jamaica. But that was one day. We lived with a warm stateroom ALL WEEK. In Jan, we had a balcony on Valor and it was too warm as well. We noticed that they removed the dampers on the vents from a similar room on the Triumph. Valor wasn't quite as bad but both rooms became warmer in the middle of the night.

For our upcoming cruise on the Breeze, we are having two singles made hoping that will help a bit -as crazy as that sounds. We will take a fan as well. However, we wont continue to sleep apart and cruise in a uncomfortably warm stateroom, Carnival.

We were on Valor last April and had no issues in our cabin. We had a balcony room and during the day we kept the curtains closed to keep the sun limited in the room and keep it cool. Only time it would get warm is when the balcony door was open for a while with our daughter going in and out. We normally keep our house 70-71/72 year round. Had no issues sleeping.