Just off the Splendor. Any Questions?

stanrock22

We just came off an 8 day cruise on the Splendor. We stopped in St. Martin, St. Kitts, San Juan and Grand Turk.

Just a few pro's and con's.

Pro's: There were a lot more than I can mention. Ports, Food in MDR, Brittany of the fun staff, Roll back roof. Easy Breezy cover band.

Con's: Jeff "the fun guy"( saw him 2 times and both times he was rude to people and staff), Cruise Director(Steve from Canada) was average at best, Pixel staff, Production shows were also a little off.

Ship was in good shape. The weather was AWESOME!

Jeff the fun dude is part of the Fun Staff on board. He was introducing the comedians and seemed to be in charge. Probably a great guy having a tough time those 2 days.

Comedians: Roman and Dan Chopin the first part of the week. Both were good. JR Brow and Kenny Miller were the second part of the week. JR was the best we saw. Kenny was really good.

Movies were based on themes.

Night 1 Comedy - Ghostbusters and Sing

Night 2 Date nitght - Passengers and La La land

Night 3 Marvels - Captain America Civil War and Doctor Strange Midnight movie was John Wick 2

Night 4 blockbusters - Fantastic Beast and Rogue One

Night 5 Action - Jason Bourne

Night 6 Drama - Arrival and Hidden Figures

Night 7 Action - Suicide Squad

Night 8 Family - Trolls and Moana

Dress for Elegant nights were varied. Most men were in button downs. Some with a coat and tie some not. Ladies were in dresses for the most part. A few men had on golf shirts and Khakis.

shore excursion: We took a taxi to Maho to see the planes at St. Martin. Then off to Orient Beach for the rest of the day. Taxi rides were $9.00 pp to Maho and $10.00 pp from Maho to Orient. $7.00 pp from Orient to Ship.

St. Kitts - Day pass to the Marriott Resort. $35.00 pp REALLY NICE! If I were to do it again, I would use the driver we had to give us an island tour as well as the day pass. He offered an Island tour for 1/2 price $15.00 pp for an hour and a half. I think his name was Leroy. He was a retired police officer and had just started taxi and island tours. Some did the train excursion and said it was good but around $100.00 pp and they only seen 1/2 the island.

San Juan - only there for a short time. Zip lines seemed to be the talk of everyone...we just walked around town. Free trolley. Fort tours are great, but you can do those without being with a tour.

Grand Turk - Flow Rider every time we go. $30.00 pp for an hour. There is some good snorkeling here as well. Shopping here is really good for Tee shirts. Margaritaville pool is nice.

Aft Pools were adults only and they have a Serenity section on the sides of the ship.

Dining at the Lido was full most of the time at lunch. People really liked the Wok and Burrito Bar. Pizza was pretty good and the Deli was good as well. Burgers and hot dogs were just average.

I have the fun times. However, I can't load pictures. I will continue to answer questions.

Did you have the F2F? Some on my roll call were wondering about how early they could board with it.

With FTTF, you will board after the wedding parties, Suite, Diamond & Platinum guests. You can check-in however earlier than your assigned check-in time.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

FTTF is not really a benefit with this sailing. We were zone 6 and boarded before 12:00. There are also no tender ports to use the FTTF. I would personally say no to it for this cruise. You should arrive at the port earlier than your time and you will get an earlier boarding zone number. Rooms are ready around 1:30.

I was on the same sailing as you. I am on the opposite end of the spectrum though as to what I thought about things.

- FTTF I think was totally worth it. When we boarded we dropped our carry on and 4 cases of soda off at our room so we didn't have to lug it around. We did board quickly and skip any lines as well. The main thing for us was guest services. On the first 2 days and then last 2 days I bet there were 40 people in line at GS at any given time. Nobody in the FTTF/Diamond/Platinum line. I had to go get a S&S replaced, and then had 2 other questions at various times that I had to ask about, so it was nice not to be in those lines.

- I agree about Jeff the "Fun Dude". Even when he was on stage at The Punchliner, he was kinda a jerk to the crowd. I know comedians typically are but he was just an all around prick. I didn't like him at all.

- With the Pixels staff, we absolutely loved Yulia. She took so much time to work with our family (2 kids) to get the perfect poses, and perfect shots. In fact I am sure we bought every image she took. She was fantastic. The others, I can kinda agree with. Several of their shots were off-center, and just not great. 1 photographer asked us to take our glasses off to avoid reflection. Apparently they don't know about head tilts. Anyway, our glasses is part of who we are. We wear glasses, don't change who we are for a picture.

- Not sure about the production staff being off, because honestly we typically don't go to the production shows. However we did love 88 Keys when they did their 80s shows. Then again it may of just been the music we loved, I don't know. We met them afterward and fell in love with Kay. She is from England and is amazing. She did an amazing job on the first show when she sang Heart. It rocked. We enjoyed them but again, don't have too much to compare them to.

- Elegant night, it was across the board. People beside of us had shorts, flip flops, t-shirts, etc. Didn't bother me 1 bit. I had on khaki shorts and a polo. An older group behind us had on suits. My food tasted the same.

- For lunch lido stayed packed as did the burrito bar. We typically ate at the BBQ place. Their BBQ was great as was the mac & cheese they had at it. Not to mention there were actually plenty of tables around the BBQ place.

- For our excursions, we did Bernard's Tours in St. Maarten, which was a full island tour. Periera Tours in St. Kitts which was a full island tour as well. Island Marketing / tour in San Juan. In Grand Turk we always rent a golf cart which we did again. Rode around the island then ended the day at Jack's Shack and spent the day in the water there with my kids playing with Topher.

- I did save the Fun Times which have never been opened since we used the Hub App. I'll scan them in and add them to my review I do later on today or this weekend. I don't want to hijack the OPs thread. We just got home from our vacation last night so I am still tired and trying to wind down.

I love it. People see a lot of different things on the same cruise. At least everyone gets to see it from a different view. Plus we all do different excursions and I know the more info I can get on an upcoming cruise the better. Love Jack's shack. We go down there every trip. However, we all do the flow rider and that keeps us at the pool for part of the day. I know the pixel staff is trying, but we like to pose with our own ideas. We also tried to purchase the digital copy of our group photo. We were told several different price combos. They lady finally told us that some of the staff was new from other ships and the prices on each ship is a little different. Not sure why the prices are not the same. I agree with the BBQ place.

I was on the same sailing as you. I am on the opposite end of the spectrum though as to what I thought about things.

- FTTF I think was totally worth it. When we boarded we dropped our carry on and 4 cases of soda off at our room so we didn't have to lug it around. We did board quickly and skip any lines as well. The main thing for us was guest services. On the first 2 days and then last 2 days I bet there were 40 people in line at GS at any given time. Nobody in the FTTF/Diamond/Platinum line. I had to go get a S&S replaced, and then had 2 other questions at various times that I had to ask about, so it was nice not to be in those lines.

- I agree about Jeff the "Fun Dude". Even when he was on stage at The Punchliner, he was kinda a jerk to the crowd. I know comedians typically are but he was just an all around prick. I didn't like him at all.

- With the Pixels staff, we absolutely loved Yulia. She took so much time to work with our family (2 kids) to get the perfect poses, and perfect shots. In fact I am sure we bought every image she took. She was fantastic. The others, I can kinda agree with. Several of their shots were off-center, and just not great. 1 photographer asked us to take our glasses off to avoid reflection. Apparently they don't know about head tilts. Anyway, our glasses is part of who we are. We wear glasses, don't change who we are for a picture.

- Not sure about the production staff being off, because honestly we typically don't go to the production shows. However we did love 88 Keys when they did their 80s shows. Then again it may of just been the music we loved, I don't know. We met them afterward and fell in love with Kay. She is from England and is amazing. She did an amazing job on the first show when she sang Heart. It rocked. We enjoyed them but again, don't have too much to compare them to.

- Elegant night, it was across the board. People beside of us had shorts, flip flops, t-shirts, etc. Didn't bother me 1 bit. I had on khaki shorts and a polo. An older group behind us had on suits. My food tasted the same.

- For lunch lido stayed packed as did the burrito bar. We typically ate at the BBQ place. Their BBQ was great as was the mac & cheese they had at it. Not to mention there were actually plenty of tables around the BBQ place.

- For our excursions, we did Bernard's Tours in St. Maarten, which was a full island tour. Periera Tours in St. Kitts which was a full island tour as well. Island Marketing / tour in San Juan. In Grand Turk we always rent a golf cart which we did again. Rode around the island then ended the day at Jack's Shack and spent the day in the water there with my kids playing with Topher.

- I did save the Fun Times which have never been opened since we used the Hub App. I'll scan them in and add them to my review I do later on today or this weekend. I don't want to hijack the OPs thread. We just got home from our vacation last night so I am still tired and trying to wind down.

Thanks for the detailed review! Off topic, but you aren't on a Black Friday forum too are you? There was someone on one Black Friday forum I lurk in with the exact same screen name as you LOL

I love it. People see a lot of different things on the same cruise. At least everyone gets to see it from a different view. Plus we all do different excursions and I know the more info I can get on an upcoming cruise the better. Love Jack's shack. We go down there every trip. However, we all do the flow rider and that keeps us at the pool for part of the day. I know the pixel staff is trying, but we like to pose with our own ideas. We also tried to purchase the digital copy of our group photo. We were told several different price combos. They lady finally told us that some of the staff was new from other ships and the prices on each ship is a little different. Not sure why the prices are not the same. I agree with the BBQ place.

Thank you Stan for your information!

Thanks for the detailed review! Off topic, but you aren't on a Black Friday forum too are you? There was someone on one Black Friday forum I lurk in with the exact same screen name as you LOL

:cool: That'd be me. I'm an administrator over on BFAds. I'm everywhere. haha

• 1 month later...