Anthem questions

We just booked the Anthem to BDA and I have a few questions?

-can those staying in a jr spa suite eat in the coastal kitchen?

-what is the latest you can board on embarkation day?

-is the starboard side facing the dock in BDA?

-can you bring wine on board? How much?

- do the jr spa suites pay regular gratuity or suite gratuity?

-are Diamond drinks still loaded on seapass card? 3 each?

-do Diamond members still each get 24 hour free internet?

Thank you so much for help with these questions!!

I can answer some questions:

You can bring up to two 750ml bottles of wine onboard, no corkage fees anywhere on the ship.

JR suite pays regular gratuity.

Diamond level still gets 3 drink vouchers per day.

Diamond level still gets one 24-hour period of unlimited internet.

Edited by clarea

To add what Bob has listed.....

-can those staying in a jr spa suite eat in the coastal kitchen? I believe that it is dinner only.

-what is the latest you can board on embarkation day? You must be checked in 90 minutes prior to the ship's departure.

-is the starboard side facing the dock in BDA? Depends on the Captain and Weather

Edited by cruisenfever

Thank you both so much for your quick replies.

With the wine that you bring on board, does this mean you can bring a bottle to dinner? ex: If I have an open bottle of wine in the cabin can I bring that along to be with me at dinner and then take it back to the cabin after dinner?

Thank you both so much for your quick replies.

With the wine that you bring on board, does this mean you can bring a bottle to dinner? ex: If I have an open bottle of wine in the cabin can I bring that along to be with me at dinner and then take it back to the cabin after dinner?

My experience is yes. We often order a bottle at dinner and take it back to the cabin, usually the wine I bring on board rarely makes it to the dining room. That is what balconies are for.:D

JC

We were in a Spa JS on the Anthem TA last fall. We were allowed to eat in Coastal Kitchen for dinner. This was a fabulous perk; excellent food and service to match.

BTW, we just loved the stateroom. Elegant, tons of storage, wonderful sitting area near the window, big balcony, great stall shower... (With two bathrooms, it took a couple of days to remember where I had my toothbrush. :))

Enjoy your cruise!

Spa%20Jr%20Suite%20for%20cal%201024x683_zpsbiiefgd0.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

We were in a Spa JS on the Anthem TA last fall. We were allowed to eat in Coastal Kitchen for dinner. This was a fabulous perk; excellent food and service to match.

BTW, we just loved the stateroom. Elegant, tons of storage, wonderful sitting area near the window, big balcony, great stall shower... (With two bathrooms, it took a couple of days to remember where I had my toothbrush. :))

Enjoy your cruise!

Spa%20Jr%20Suite%20for%20cal%201024x683_zpsbiiefgd0.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

The room looks beautiful.... I am so excited!!!!

I am pretty sure that all of your questions have been answered by Bob and Patti, our resident experts. :)

I would just add that you SHOULD have some dinners in Coastal Kitchen. It's one of the best perks of that JS. ;)

The entrance is right outside the entrance of the Windjammer, so you should go up there soon after boarding and chat with the hostess. She will be happy to show you the five menus for your sailing so that you can choose the nights you would most enjoy eating there.

Your Diamond drinking time, both in the DL and with your vouchers, is the same. It should be 5 - 8:30, although some variation is possible. You can't use them in the restaurants, though, so pick up a glass of wine at a bar or the DL before heading to dinner. (as Bob said, your own wine is perfect for balcony sipping 'n' viewing 'n' relaxing)

:)

Edited by Merion_Mom

The spa jr suite is our absolute favorite stateroom! You will love it. Coastal Kitchen is wonderful and a great perk. Be sure to make reservations. Gratuities are the same as in regular staterooms.

Oh, yeah, that. It's $13.50 per person per day.

:)

What are your plans on boarding day? Your question about how late you can board makes me a little nervous.

We are planning to leave from our home in West Chester PA around 10:00 am and drive straight there but I am afraid of getting lost or some other mishap:eek:

For any that drive there from PA, is it a pretty straight forward if we plug the address of the port into our car navigation?

I would not leave that late in the morning. Unexpected traffic accidents or delays could mean you'll arrive too late to board or miss the ship. Construction at the exit off the New Jersey Turnpike can mean delays and/or detours. We drive from Gettysburg, and always spend the night before sailing at a nearby hotel. On our most recent sailing, what should have been a 3.5 hour drive took 6 hours. You can begin boarding around 10:30-11 AM. Why not leave earlier and have some time to get settled in and enjoy the ship before sailing?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I think you are cutting way to close with traffic! The ship sails at 3:00 pm and I think all pax need to be on board almost 2 hours before.....It's not worth the risk of missing the ship! Maybe a stay over near the port might be better OR leave a lot earlier. There is ALWAYS lots of traffic in that vicinity.

Safe travels.

We are a bit south of you and have sailed out of Bayonne many times. We are in De., close to I-95. We always leave between 7:30 and 8 am. If traffic is moving, it is a two hour drive for us. If traffic is not, then horrors, but we have a few hours planned just for that.

We are in the parking garage by 10 am and usually have our first "umbrella drink" by 11 am.

If you arrive at noon or later, the line of cars and buses is out of sight........literally! You can sit in line waiting to move for hours.

We also drive from Adams County (hi Genteel Arts!), the day before to stay in Jersey.

Having seen over the years what can happen on the NJTP (not to mention brand new cars stuck on the side of the highway...) frankly I would leave much earlier than 10:00 am.

Maybe that's just us though: when we are five miles away from the ship, we stress about getting there on time...

Edited by jdarch

I too, would be to nervous driving the day of, especially in the NY/NJ area.

If you are interested, I booked the Newark - Ramada Plaza Hotel (newly renovated) through Trinity Reservations for $146.00 for the night before stay, free parking for the week, and pick-up and return shuttle to the pier.

Cheap and piece of mind!!! :D

To add what Bob has listed.....

-can those staying in a jr spa suite eat in the coastal kitchen? I believe that it is dinner only.

-what is the latest you can board on embarkation day? You must be checked in 90 minutes prior to the ship's departure.

-is the starboard side facing the dock in BDA? Depends on the Captain and Weather

I'm probably wrong so apologies if I am but I'm sure on Anthem last year it was Coastal Kitchen for Jr Suites at lunch on sea days only if space available.