Carnival Fascination-very disappointing start

freepeople

Got to our OV cabin today to find beds for only 3 people....there are 4 of us. Am being told a cot will be set up at night for 4th person. (See attached pic). It's almost on the floor. We paid for THIS?

There is no couch or chair to sit on. This is the smallest cabin we have ever seen. Add to that we found a bed bug on top of the comforter. Cabin is currently having an inspection to check for more bugs. Guest services of course says they are sold out and can't do anything. Trying really hard to stay upbeat-but this is a very disappointing start to our cruise. ImageUploadedByForums1438452506.329009.jpg.e869b5b4e8b16a54649bae6ea0066f8e.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1438452494.073456.jpg.f5e77d24e9eb99b71189916850cb610e.jpg

Already talked to head of housekeeping. He ordered the inspection. I spoke to the guest services supervisor and she very abruptly let me know they were "sold out" that no cabins were available and I would have to contact my TA.

Hi,

It is within 24 hrs, go to guest services & tell them you would like to use the Carnival vacation guarantee.

Carnival Vacation Guarantee:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/478/~/carnival%E2%80%99s-great-vacation-guarantee

Once you invoke the guarantee something will be done.

Good luck! And keep us posted..

To the OP, when you cheap out to cram four people in a small cabin, it will be tight. Next time you will have to pay close attention to the floor plan for the cabin.

Was it a bed bug? What have they done?

To the OP, when you cheap out to cram four people in a small cabin, it will be tight. Next time you will have to pay close attention to the floor plan for the cabin.

Would hardly call what we paid for this OV "cheaping out". This is our 12th cruise. Have always had 2 pull-down beds. Aren't comfortable having our kids in another room. If it was a true "cot" would be fine but it is essentially a mattress on the floor (with bugs). We usually book. JS, but we took what was available. It is what it is- we will carry on and have a good time regardless.

There is only one class of OV on this ship and its says it sleeps 5 people. There is no way this sleeps 5 people can barely get the cot on the floor.

i'm not sure exactly what you mean, in there's only one class of OV - sure they're all considered OV and are all about the same size... but some sleep 2, some 3, 4, or 5 (and within that, with different accommodations for the 2+ guests - sometimes 2 uppers, sometimes 1 and a trundle, etc.). there sure is a way they can sleep 5, and plenty of people do it every week... many who opt for this arrangement are of the 'the room is only for sleeping and showering' and elect for the cost savings... i would never put 5 people in a 185 sq ft room, but if you knew there was only one class of OV then why are you surprised?

some of the rooms have 2 uppers - apparently yours only has one and a trundle bed... that's the type of room you booked, apparently... that information would have been available though. you can't just say 'there's no way this can sleep 5 people', because it can - albeit i'd never do it, or expect the floor space or comfort of a suite at an oceanview price.

regarding the bed bugs though, that would be entirely unacceptable of course. regardless, i hope that your situation is resolved to your satisfaction.

Edited by falkcor

You can only do so much with 185 square feet...we find those cabins fine for two of us, but we certainly wouldn't want to cram 3 or 4 people in one.

As to the bed bug issue, that's a serious concern if they actually turn out to be bed bugs. Hope the rest of your cruise gets better...

Rudeness is not required:(

If a cabin is to sleep 5, what in the world did you get?

Unfortunately some people on this board only know being rude and their quest to be right trumps kindness.

We got a king size bed with one pull down and a cot this sits about a foot off the floor. There is no seating in this room and the cot is literally crammed between the wall and the bed. As I said, we have always had a room with two pull downs before.

Lesson learned.

To "sun" and "falkor" and others of the like-carry on amongst yourselves. We are outta here.

Two lowers, two uppers and a trundle/rollaway.

This would have been a good time to check the deck plan prior to booking. It clearly shows the occupancy of each cabin. This class is grandfathered in to allow an extra bed to be brought in.

Not OP's situation but on this class you can book a double and bring in a crib. Most other classes you'd have to book a triple to use a crib

Edited by SadieN

To "sun" and "falkor" and others of the like-carry on amongst yourselves. We are outta here.

i'm sorry but quite frankly i was not being 'rude', i was being realistic and stating facts. here is an example of a description available for a room that is likely of the same configuration as yours:

Cabin M139 6C 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 upper / trundle bed

View: window

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, safe, 3-closets, chair

Non-smoking

i am just saying that such information was available, and your TA or PVP or whoever you booked with should have made you aware of the configuration of the room that you booked. or you could have inquired. but it says the configuration of the beds and does not list a couch, though that cabin seems to have a chair you don't. i don't know your cabin or i'd tell you what it lists.

i did, however, take cause with 'There is no way this sleeps 5 people can barely get the cot on the floor.'... yours probably can't or it'd have 2 uppers - but the same size cabin sure does... just because it doesn't meet your expectations or what you want, doesn't make it impossible. that's not rude, that's just the fact of the matter. enjoy your cruise.

ETA: maybe you can ask your room steward for a chair.

Edited by falkcor

i'm sorry but quite frankly i was not being 'rude', i was being realistic and stating facts. here is an example of a description available for a room that is likely of the same configuration as yours:

Cabin M139 6C 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 upper / trundle bed

View: window

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, safe, 3-closets, chair

Non-smoking

i am just saying that such information was available, and your TA or PVP or whoever you booked with should have made you aware of the configuration of the room that you booked. or you could have inquired. but it says the configuration of the beds and does not list a couch, though that cabin seems to have a chair you don't. i don't know your cabin or i'd tell you what it lists.

i did, however, take cause with 'There is no way this sleeps 5 people can barely get the cot on the floor.'... yours probably can't or it'd have 2 uppers - but the same size cabin sure does... just because it doesn't meet your expectations or what you want, doesn't make it impossible. that's not rude, that's just the fact of the matter. enjoy your cruise.

ETA: maybe you can ask your room steward for a chair.

Guess we will never know what kind of bug was found:(

Lesson to be learned. Understand what you are getting when booking a particular cabin.

For more cabin room, split the lowers into twins. One under the window and the other along the wall.

This is true if it's possible to split the beds. It will give you lots more "walking space".

We would book an inside for our daughters. Having the twin configuration always made their cabin seem so much larger. ;)

LuLu

Reading the posts here - if the threadstarter thought they were getting a cabin configured with 4 actual beds - SOMEBODY dropped the ball.

Either the TA or the threadstarter.

Since the threadstarter hasn't even mentioned being unhappy with the cabin their TA put them in, my intuition tells me perhaps the threadstarter was less than diligent about making sure they got a cabin configured with 4 actual beds.

Obviously, the anger has been transferred and it's now Carnival's mistake ...

Now the bedbug issue is completely another matter. Collect the bedbug and pursue that !

Edited by lizardhowson

Reading the posts here - if the threadstarter thought they were getting a cabin configured with 4 actual beds - SOMEBODY dropped the ball.

Either the TA or the threadstarter.

Since the threadstarter hasn't even mentioned being unhappy with the cabin their TA put them in, my intuition tells me perhaps the threadstarter was less than diligent about making sure they got a cabin configured with 4 actual beds.

Obviously, the anger has been transferred and it's now Carnival's mistake ...

Now the bedbug issue is completely another matter. Collect the bedbug and pursue that !

I wouldnt expect a TA to be that knowledgable about the cabins people book. At least that has been my experience with the exception of the last one I used.

Bed bugs and they expect you to stay in that cabin, I'd bust out laughing and tell them to stick that suggestion right up their a$$. What a bunch of fools.

There is a lot of difference in a "bed bug" and a "bug on a bed".

I think the op had a bug on a bed.