Who would like a coffee pot in the room?

FSHLOT

I with you on that. I never even think about using a coffee maker in a hotel room. Who knows whats been in it or how well its been cleaned. Nope.

Something else I need to worry about. Never entered my mind that there might be something lurking in a coffee maker, and I'm still here and healthy after 100s of hotel rooms over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a coffee maker in our cabin when we cruised with NCL. Really liked being able to get up in the morning when we wanted and make coffee. I don't like having to plan my wake up around a room service delivery.

^^^^^^

This.

It's just as fast to run down to the self serve area of the coffee shop for a free cup and bring it up to sip on the balcony. Or just order room service.

Faster than pressing a button?

As someone who has had coffee makers on numerous NCL cruises I would have to disagree. To get up in the morning, press the button and have a cup of coffee to take on the balcony by the time I get out of the bathroom was without question a bonus.

I think when I have a balcony, I might enjoy making a cup as long as I had cream & sugar and taking it out on the balcony. However, I thoroughly enjoy heading up to Lido & having coffee while looking out to sea or people watching. I do wish they had flavored cream, though.

I think I'd enjoy this...

I really like the room service aspect of them delivering it to me, but I've found some issues with the room service coffee... temperature has been really inconsistent- most of the time it was lukewarm at best.

In spite of asking for multiple pots of creamer and enough sweetener packets for the whole pot of coffee, I inevitably run out of both before the coffee is done. So this cruise I'm bringing extra Splenda and a small bottle of CoffeeMate powdered creamer...

And to all those who are saying it's a safety hazard, this was a question posed by John Heald this week and he was going to be submitting the responses to the beards, so they must be at least considering it as a possibility!

And to all those who are saying it's a safety hazard, this was a question posed by John Heald this week and he was going to be submitting the responses to the beards, so they must be at least considering it as a possibility!

Yes....other lines do it every day.

I think I'd enjoy this...

I really like the room service aspect of them delivering it to me, but I've found some issues with the room service coffee... temperature has been really inconsistent- most of the time it was lukewarm at best.

In spite of asking for multiple pots of creamer and enough sweetener packets for the whole pot of coffee, I inevitably run out of both before the coffee is done. So this cruise I'm bringing extra Splenda and a small bottle of CoffeeMate powdered creamer...

Wait, What?

Did I actually give John an idea? Did he start his thread after mine? Find your own material John!! LOL:D

Wait, What?

Did I actually give John an idea? Did he start his thread after mine? Find your own material John!! LOL:D

LOL! He actually posted a message yesterday from someone named Asa (?!? is that you FSHLOT?) asking for coffee machines in the cabins. John then posted the question to those who follow him on that other site whether it was something we wanted. As you saw on this thread, the response was 50/50...

LOL! He actually posted a message yesterday from someone named Asa (?!? is that you FSHLOT?) asking for coffee machines in the cabins. John then posted the question to those who follow him on that other site whether it was something we wanted. As you saw on this thread, the response was 50/50...

No, that wasn't me. Maybe they should just ask if you want a coffee pot in your room, probably never happen but it is a good option. Try that John..LOL

I had a coffee pot on Norwegian back in 2004 going to Alaska and it was nice to not worry about waking up early sitting around waiting for coffee to be delivered or going and getting my own or worrying about over-sleeping and having a steward wake me up.

But I am fine with just ordering coffee when I want it because I'd just as soon have a muffin or croissant to keep my stomach from growling while I wait for my later arising wife to wake up and go to breakfast.