Labadee lounge chairs

chars

I usually sail NCL twice a year and am trying RCCL for a Christmas Cruise. What should I expect in Labadee? I am basically just looking to find a lounge chair, and relax and swim all day. Maybe by a bar. Is is hard to find seating on Labadee Would I have to rush off the ship early? Also, do they have a specific way to get off of the ship (numbers like NCL?)

If you walk past the 1st beach, there are no "crowds" and you won't be "on top of each other"...most folks stop at the 1st beach they see!

There are plenty of trees for shade...if a chair isn't in the shade, move the chair!!

This has been our experience also. We always walk past the nearest beaches and wander down past the "mobs" to the areas further from the dock. Rarely is it crowded there.

We have been to Labadee more than half a dozen times and have never had a problem finding a nice area - and the staff will set you up with loungers. You can also ask for a "blue sun shade". Do not land at Adrenalin Beach, as it is consistently very rocky to get into the ocean and you will definitely need water shoes of some sort. When we were last there this past June we had a very difficult time finding an open and "stocked" bar. Bar drinks were very limited and I cant drink the sweet labadoozies!

If you walk all the way back to the right to Columbus cove there is plenty of room. There are numerous trees right near the beach that can provide shade. I always rent a floating mat to use in the water then double it to pad the lounge chair. There is a beach bar right there along with bathrooms and one of the lunch pavillions. You are within eye sight of the area with all the floating "toys" for kids and adults to jump on etc and the water is calm and all sand no rocks. Regardless of if you are alone or with another ship it always pays to get off early to get your choice of location. Note if you walk instead of wait for the tram you can usually beat the tram. If you go to the right along the rock pathway you can eliminate having to walk past the vendor area and the walk is shorter but does have a few steps. Labadee is my favorite RC private island.

Labadee is actually a very nice set up by RCCL. We were suprised. for relaxing on the beach all day, go to Columbus Cove, there is a tram that will take you there once you get into the main part and just past the information center to the right. it will take you past the shops and private beach areas for suite guests, unless you are a suite guest. So, they have food for you there, it is part of the cruise package, drinks are extra just like on the ship. Shops take cash. Columbus cove does have a nice long beach, most chairs were already set up when we got there. We noticed even the crew members go there to relax and get in the sun for the day.

We did hear a story of somebody asking for chairs and they were told 10 dollars a piece. Hopefully that won't happen to you and I am sure it is temping for someone to make money off you. We enjoyed the afternoon at the beach after my wife and friend did the Drangon's Breath Zip Line which is pretty impressive :eek:

I usually sail NCL twice a year and am trying RCCL for a Christmas Cruise. What should I expect in Labadee? I am basically just looking to find a lounge chair, and relax and swim all day. Maybe by a bar. Is is hard to find seating on Labadee Would I have to rush off the ship early? Also, do they have a specific way to get off of the ship (numbers like NCL?)

Interesting ... our experience at Labadee has been that it is almost impossible to find a chair on any of the beaches ... and the loungers are in pretty bad condition as well.

We have been to Labadee several times, the last being Feb 2014. We end up walking the whole thing in our search for chairs ... it's a nice walk!

Be sure to have a Labadoozie (or two!) ... yum!!

Legend and Grandeur in port at the same time and there were plenty of available chairs in Columbus Cove ... Actually, it was wall-to-wall chairs, right up to the water's edge. The Labadee I loved so many years ago has really become too congested. I have to say I much prefer Coco Cay now.

I was not all that impressed when I found out they had changed the itinerary from St. Johns originally to Labadee. Overall it turned out to be a nice stop especially for my wife who went on the zip line, Dragon's Breath. I enjoyed sitting on a chair watching them zip by and taking pictures. We then had a quick lunch and took the tram down to Columbus cove. Very relaxing afternoon with awesome weather. Hung out with the crew of Legend and our waiter too.

Interesting ... our experience at Labadee has been that it is almost impossible to find a chair on any of the beaches ... and the loungers are in pretty bad condition as well.

We have been to Labadee several times, the last being Feb 2014. We end up walking the whole thing in our search for chairs ... it's a nice walk!

Be sure to have a Labadoozie (or two!) ... yum!!

• 2 years later...
I just had some friends on the Harmony and they said when they arrived in Labadee that they were charging for the lounge chairs. I was surprised about this. Is this something new??

RCI doesn't charge for loungers -- sometimes the beach attendants will ask for a "tip" to set up a lounger for you, but there is no charge for a regular old lounge chair. If you don't want to tip the beach guy, just take a lounge chair and drag it to where you want it for free.

There are cabanas and "beach beds" that can be rented for an extra (and exorbitant, IMO) charge, but a plain old beach lounge chair is still totally free.