First Time booking

twinkieluv

My husband and I have been on cruises before when we were kids, but this will be the first time together and first time we've booked on our own. We want to plan something in Nov or Dec, but doesn't have to be over the holidays. I'm not interested in the Caribbean, so i've narrowed it down to the Mediterranean.

something 4-7 days (includes barcelona in particular) but I can't decide what the best cruise line is. Just want something with good service. Norwegian, MSC, Costa, Royal Caribbean,

any suggestions?

My husband and I have been on cruises before when we were kids, but this will be the first time together and first time we've booked on our own. We want to plan something in Nov or Dec, but doesn't have to be over the holidays. I'm not interested in the Caribbean, so i've narrowed it down to the Mediterranean.

something 4-7 days (includes barcelona in particular) but I can't decide what the best cruise line is. Just want something with good service. Norwegian, MSC, Costa, Royal Caribbean,

any suggestions?

Personally I'm a big fan of Princess and Celebrity, but I know nothing about you And you know nothing about me, so me preferences mean zilch.

If you want November or December, you first task would be to narrow the list by seeing who will still have a ship there. Many of the Med ships are moved to warmer seas by November

yea, looks like only 1 short itinerary for Norwegian, but there's a bunch of Costa ones. Are they reliable?

If you want November or December, your first task would be to narrow the list by seeing who will still have a ship there. Many of the Med ships are moved to warmer seas by November

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

Per Paul's above post, not lots of ships do the Med the time of year you wish to cruise.

LuLu

Would they provide ok service? Would you personally take them? Honestly, I'm just asking for people's opinions on the cruise lines.

I think Costa is more European but would be acceptable if they have the short itinerary that you want.

any suggestions?

RCCL is my favorite line and we are doing a 12 day from Barcelona. next year, I do like Costa and MSC also but they will be mostly European on those ships and all the announcements will be in several different languages, in my opinion I would skip NCL if you want good service ( NCL is only line I will not cruise on again).

The Med is not a good choice for many sorts of holiday that time of year. Going to Barcelona could be self-contained fly there and back 'city break' and plan a cruise for 2016? Most/many cruises will only provide enough port time for a taster-visit at each destination.

Or, maybe you should consider a 4-7 day cruise immediately before Christmas/New Year and just go with a seasonal itinerary?

As for good service, suggest you read the scores on the Cruise Critic website.