Should we book Quantum or Oasis?

What are the main differences between Oasis and Quantum class? We have been on Adventure class 3 times and Oasis once. We absolutely loved Oasis. We like to stay busy and found the entertainment options on Oasis to be fabulous. I'm trying to find a size comparison chart but can't seem to find it on their website. I know Quantum is smaller than Oasis but is it bigger than Freedom? Since we liked the size of Oasis so much, do you think we'd be disappointed with Quantum? We're looking to travel in May of 2016.

What are the main differences between Oasis and Quantum class? We have been on Adventure class 3 times and Oasis once. We absolutely loved Oasis. We like to stay busy and found the entertainment options on Oasis to be fabulous. I'm trying to find a size comparison chart but can't seem to find it on their website. I know Quantum is smaller than Oasis but is it bigger than Freedom? Since we liked the size of Oasis so much, do you think we'd be disappointed with Quantum? We're looking to travel in May of 2016.

The Oasis is 225,282 tons

The Quantum is 168,666 tons

The Freedom is 154,407 tons

We have been on Allure and Quantum, plus numerous Voyager class ships. Would absolutely book Allure/Oasis, or any Freedom/Voyager class ship again. Would not book Quantum again. (did not like the restaurant concept or the menus, did not like the entertainment/activities options)

So, given your choices, I would pick Oasis (or perhaps look at Allure since you've already been on Oasis)

here is an easy solution, where did you want to board the ship? Quantum is leaving for China on May 2, 2015 and will port there. Long trip for you in May 2016.

Anthem the sister to Quantum is to be similar, but who know what changes there may or not be. Will have to wait until she is ready for passengers and then start checking the comments from the passengers.

The Quantum class brings a few more of the "first at sea" experiences that Royal is known for, such as a skydiving simulator, bumper cars, Norhstar aerial experience, a full Broadway stage production of Mama Mia, and a multipurpose multimedia room that might give Star Trek's holodeck a run for the money. Royal also rolled out a new concept of dining (often maligned, but worth a try IMO) and a new level of art interwoven into and throughout the ship.

If you want to experience an amazing new ship class, go with Quantum.

We have been on Allure and Quantum, plus numerous Voyager class ships. Would absolutely book Allure/Oasis, or any Freedom/Voyager class ship again. Would not book Quantum again. (did not like the restaurant concept or the menus, did not like the entertainment/activities options)

So, given your choices, I would pick Oasis (or perhaps look at Allure since you've already been on Oasis)

We have sailed on both Quantum and Oasis and thoroughly enjoyed both experiences. Certainly they offer different cruise experiences but we would have no problems booking either class ship again. While the dining experience is quite different on Quantum class ships, we really enjoyed the variety of complimentary restaurants, each with its unique menu and we only rarely had any problems dining in whichever one we wished. In fact the only bad experience we had was when our large party (14 people) had reserved dinner one of the first evenings on board. That was largely a problem with the IT reservation system and a relatively inexperienced staff at the podium.

They have since announced some alterations to the dynamic dining program that may appease those who wish to have the same service staff throughout the cruise while still enjoying the offerings in the different restaurants. Kids and grownups alike will most likely enjoy some of the unique features available only on Quantum class - especially the sky diving feature, the bumper cars and other activities in the Seaplex, and the Northstar. Mamma Mia receives rave reviews and other venues including 270, the Music Hall, and Boleros offer a wide range of entertainment options.

Cruised on Oasis once, have another B2B booked for April, have sailed Allure six times and Quantum twice. Much prefer Oasis class! The reservation system on Quantum for dining/entertainment was convoluted, time-consuming and far too much work. Did not like the concept at all!!! That said, the ship is beautiful and the crew outstanding.

I take reviews with a grain of salt, but I think when taken overall, they are a good representation.

In this case, theyspeak for themselves. Most people "loved" the Oasis. Most did not "love" the Quantum. Just sayin'. I'd go Oasis. Period.

What is the concept of the dining system on Quantum? I haven't cruised in several years and haven't been keeping up with the newer ships.

Dynamic Dining.

4 main complimentary restaurants (a 5th one for suite guests) that you can rotate through each night. On Anthem (not sure about Quantum) there will be a Dynamic Dining "Classic" option, which will allow you to rotate through the restaurants with your table mates and waitstaff.

I loved the Quantum of the Seas far more than the Oasis. Most of the people that have negative things to say are saying them about the dining and reservation system. These were insanely bad, but about on par with Royal Caribbean's IT departments skill level, which is non existent. If your looking for May of 2016, odds are Oasis will have Dynamic Dining and already her entertainment is through the new pre cruise planner that Quantum introduced. So any of those complaints are likely to be equal when comparing the two, or non existent because their not true by that time for either ship. Try something new and give Anthem a try. The entertainment on Quantum was miles ahead of anything offered by any other ship in the fleet. Can't speak for Anthem since she's not out yet, but I'd assume it should be of a similar level. Nothing can compare to Two70º.

Dynamic Dining.

4 main complimentary restaurants (a 5th one for suite guests) that you can rotate through each night. On Anthem (not sure about Quantum) there will be a Dynamic Dining "Classic" option, which will allow you to rotate through the restaurants with your table mates and waitstaff.

This would be more of the Disney Model. Should be an improvement.

Dynamic Dining.

This would be more of the Disney Model. Should be an improvement.

Only if it works, and with Royal Caribbean that is a very big IF.

We have sailed on both Quantum and Oasis and thoroughly enjoyed both experiences. Certainly they offer different cruise experiences but we would have no problems booking either class ship again. While the dining experience is quite different on Quantum class ships, we really enjoyed the variety of complimentary restaurants, each with its unique menu and we only rarely had any problems dining in whichever one we wished. In fact the only bad experience we had was when our large party (14 people) had reserved dinner one of the first evenings on board. That was largely a problem with the IT reservation system and a relatively inexperienced staff at the podium.

They have since announced some alterations to the dynamic dining program that may appease those who wish to have the same service staff throughout the cruise while still enjoying the offerings in the different restaurants. Kids and grownups alike will most likely enjoy some of the unique features available only on Quantum class - especially the sky diving feature, the bumper cars and other activities in the Seaplex, and the Northstar. Mamma Mia receives rave reviews and other venues including 270, the Music Hall, and Boleros offer a wide range of entertainment options.

Having sailed on both, without question, the Oasis. The Quantum has so many negatives, that We canceled our anthem cruise. Read the review and then make your decision. if you do not mind waiting on lines, one hour and and half plus for bumper cars etc. most activites, poor service and crowding then perhaps the quantum is for you

Edited by Cruise a holic

Wow. I think I'll definitely be booking either Oasis or Allure then. But aren't they going to the my time dining system too? I liked the old way where you had the same waiter every night at the same table. It doesn't sound like that will be a choice anymore.

Wow. I think I'll definitely be booking either Oasis or Allure then. But aren't they going to the my time dining system too? I liked the old way where you had the same waiter every night at the same table. It doesn't sound like that will be a choice anymore.

MTD is not Dynamic Dining. All Royal Caribbean ships, except Quantum, now offer MTD in addition to early and late seating. With MTD, you have the same waiter every night and generally the same table. However, with Dynamic Dining, you physically move dining venues.

MTD is almost exactly the same as traditional dining, you just make different reservation times every night. Dynamic is different.

Oasis was modified during dry-dock to be set up for DD, but it is not happening in the near future. Everything is still normal on Oasis, it essentially just has new dining room names.

Thanks for explaining that. It sounds like the Dynamic Dining will be in place on Oasis by the time we travel in May or June of 2016. I'm not looking forward to that but if we want to be on that ship, I guess we have no choice.

Thanks for explaining that. It sounds like the Dynamic Dining will be in place on Oasis by the time we travel in May or June of 2016. I'm not looking forward to that but if we want to be on that ship, I guess we have no choice.

You may want to check out DD classic-- you rotate through the restaurants with the same table and same waiters.