Are we too young??

pr1nc3ss2

Good Evening,

Myself and my fíance are getting married next June and I have booked a 7 day Mediterranean cruise on Seabourn Quest as part of out trip. I am now a little worried we may be too young! We both love fine dining with fine wines, but also enjoy a cocktail/beer and the odd late night. Do you think we will fit in okay?? Can i also ask, as this is our first cruise, would my fíance be able to wear his full kilt on formal nights?

Many thanks in advance!!

Kirsty

Kristy, welcome to Cruise Critic.

While you will get some responses here many of those who regularly cruise on Seabourn post on the Seabourn board and here is the link to that board. I would also recommend posting this on that board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130

I would also mention your ages or at least a range.

Keith

Do you think that us old fuddy-duddies never have a drink or a late night? Just teasing--kind of. I'm in the 50+ set, and while I'm not much for late nightlife, part of that is because my industry starts at 5:00 am and it's really hard to break the normal cycle of being up early, even on vacation.

I have plenty of friends my age and even older who are night owls and love to gamble and dance into the wee hours.

Personally I think you'll have a blast, but I do think you need to put away what seem to be some pre-conceived notions about middle aged folks and be a bit more open minded about your fellow cruisers and their habits.

Many thanks for the replys. I was not at all trying to casue offence, sorry if i did. I have read a few Seabourn reviews that stated the clientell were 70+. i was a little worried it would be like a retirement home, not that i have anything against that either! We are very much looking forward to our first cruise! Next thing is to decide where we are going to stay in Tuscany when we disembark at Rome!

I just want to note that you asked a good question and no apologies are needed.

The age group of passengers will vary on luxury cruise lines. Long cruises not in the summer months tend to have an older average age passengers than say in the summer on shorter voyages.

In June and on a seven day sailing on the Quest you should see some younger people. It certainly won't be the age group that you would see on a mass market ship that time of year.

I am sure this cruise will be wonderful and a great way to celebrate your marriage.

Congratulations.

Keith

Thanks again Keith! My next problem is that i am now a little put out that i could have booked the same cruise for 600GBP, 100USD cheaper through a TA. I thought it would be far cheaper to book direct. I am hoping Seabourn may reduce my price, has anyone knowledge of this?? I know some people think mentioning money is vulgar, so again i apologise if i upset anyone.

Thanks again!

:):):):):):)

Thanks again Keith! My next problem is that i am now a little put out that i could have booked the same cruise for 600GBP, 100USD cheaper through a TA. I thought it would be far cheaper to book direct. I am hoping Seabourn may reduce my price, has anyone knowledge of this?? I know some people think mentioning money is vulgar, so again i apologise if i upset anyone.

Thanks again!

:):):):):):)

You are very welcome.

It's fine to mention the topic of cruise fares.

I think you'll get a better response on the Seabourn board to this question and see you have posted it there.

Keith

• 3 weeks later...

In my experience, booking through a TA is much better than booking direct -- with any luxury cruise line. There are benefits that the cruise lines do not offer. TA's (experienced in booking luxury cruises) can also recommend which cabins to avoid. This is something the cruise line may not be willing to share with customers. Frankly, I cannot think of any reason to not book with a TA.

Hi Kirsty

If he wears his kilt - the ladies all love a man in a kilt! Lol! My husband wore his Highland dress with trews rather than the kilt and was much admired! Just off the Quest TA and being a very young - I think! - 50+ - we had a ball with all ages, dancing the night away in the Club after dinner and the show, so dont worry about your choice- just think of those lovely spots on the ship which are made specially for two to snuggle up in! And the champagne, fabulous! :D

Have you got a referral voucher for first time Seabourn cruisers? Check out the CC boards for Seabourn referral vouchers and I'm sure someone will send you a referral voucher for your cruise. We did this as first timers on Seabourn and got $400 OBC, so worth contacting someone. :)

Happy honeymoon and if you have any questions just ask!

Archived