Picture Heavy Majesty of the Seas Review

...... and some more

11085598173_409d642df2_b.jpg

11085487036_2a35071fdc_b.jpg

Sunset as we leave Coco Cay. You can see how calm the water was and it was like this for all 4 days. I've never experienced such calm waters for this long of a period.

11085492484_c810d4534d_b.jpg

11085589883_960b8abd5f_b.jpg

and a shot of the pool deck as we sail to Key West

11085478246_2afbf957a3_b.jpg

Next up - Key West . . . . . .

Edited by nbsjcruiser

Great pictures. Any cabin pictures?

I can't believe I'm saying this but we had our first ever Jr Suite and I don't have one picture of it. Amazing. I think the reason why I didn't see it as a big deal was because to me it looked like a regular balcony cabin on one of the bigger ships with a bigger bathroom so to me it wasn't knock your socks off.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

If you look at the 4th picture above you seen a stand and a brightly covered umbrella way out in the water. That's where the snorkelling is.

The sports beach is that beach and also where "MY" octopus lives in the coral rocks to the right in that pic. He is still there too according to a fellow CCer who posted his adult pic some time ago!:D

Edited by BecciBoo

Great review !! Oh and by the way, we were your Cabana neighbours that day and it truly was some fantastic weather! We will be back on Coco Cay in a few weeks and hoping for the same weather. As for Key West... I think some of the problem was that everyone showed up at once rather than when they were supposed too. But I wouldn't of been happy if I wasn't getting off the ship until noon. They need a smoother/better system... But I did get my chocolate covered Key Lime Pie on a stick !!!! Mmmmmm......

Beautiful pictures. I'm glad I found this thread. Looking forward to the Key West photos as I never seem to be able to get there in person.

Here's what you do: retire.

Then, book a 4-night on the Majesty. After that, stay 1 or 2 nights in Ft. Lauderdale Beach, then jump on the Oasis or Allure for the next 7.

I can plan your vacation for you. If you need someone experienced along to show you guys the sites, I may be available. :)

Edited by LuckiStac13*Majesty*

Here's what you do: retire.

Then, book a 4-night on the Majesty. After that, stay 1 or 2 nights in Ft. Lauderdale Beach, then jump on the Oasis or Allure for the next 7.

I can plan your vacation for you. If you need someone experienced along to show you guys the sites, I may be available. :)

And if I do that then you might have to pay for the tickets too!:eek:

Made me laugh! Hey, we can dream, can't we...

Hope you and your family have a nice Thanksgiving. It's freezing here and snowy.

Warm and pouring here today. The cold is coming in tonight. Tomorrow is the end of our high school's football season so I only have one more game to cover... and freeze at. A great Thanksgiving to you and your family also!

Great review !! Oh and by the way, we were your Cabana neighbours that day and it truly was some fantastic weather! We will be back on Coco Cay in a few weeks and hoping for the same weather. As for Key West... I think some of the problem was that everyone showed up at once rather than when they were supposed too. But I wouldn't of been happy if I wasn't getting off the ship until noon. They need a smoother/better system... But I did get my chocolate covered Key Lime Pie on a stick !!!! Mmmmmm......

It was a fantastic day. The weather for the whole cruise was great. We also got the Key Lime pie on a stick and it was delicious. We will be on the Indy the end of Feb. One of the stops will be Labadee. This is one of my favorite stops. I hope you have great weather for your next cruise. .

Absolutely fabulous photos. We will be on Majesty with some friends in February. These really increase the excitement for that.

I have also enjoyed your comments about the calmness of the seas. We took a cruise on Freedom for a 7-nighter to the Western Caribbean. We had calm seas for that entire cruise. One week later, a hurricane followed the same path as the ship. It hit Playa de Carmen pretty hard.

If it weren't for our cruise, I could not have told you where Playa De Carmen was. :o

After looking at all these gorgeous pictures all I can say is WOWSA!

Which polarizing filter do you use? And do you stop down the lens to get such rich and vibrant colors?

I have a new polarizing filter and can't wait to try it out on the Allure in 10 days.

I've got a Hoya filter. No stopping down - I think most of these pics are at f/9. I do some post processing though in Gimp. I sharpen all the photos and do a slight color enhancement using Lasm's Lab Wow addition in Gimp. For those who don't know, Gimp is the Photoshop equivalent for Linux. Also available for Windows. It is a very good program.

Amazing pictures. Thank you for posting. I'm afraid I'm just a point-and-shoot kind of person so I get lost in the discussions of how to improve on things with all the settings that are available on my camera.

Since today's cameras have such a large file size, you can't use the CC tool to add them as attachments. I know that many on CC reference that their pictures are actually elsewhere, but they seamlessly show up here in their reviews. What are the mechanics of posting pictures from a site like photobucket or flickr?

OK, I am still checking out the picture info on Flickr. Apparently shutter speed of 0.4 and f/9.0, w ISO 800 = AWESOME night shots ;)

I am taking notes for my cruise next week. I am going to try out the manual setting a little bit. I'm probably a bit too dependent on the P and Tv(speed) settings. I only rarely use aperture priority and NEVER use manual. This will be the perfect cruise to experiment because it's a ship I've been on before, so I already have halfway decent pics of the ship. This could be fun :D

I have to agree - you photos are sensational, not only in low light but also composition. I'm also taking notes!! I have the same camera. We'll be in Singapore for NYE and then sailing on Mariner of the Seas for 5 nights so excited about the photography opportunities.

Sorry to turn this into a photography thread. :-)).

I have to agree - you photos are sensational, not only in low light but also composition. I'm also taking notes!! I have the same camera. We'll be in Singapore for NYE and then sailing on Mariner of the Seas for 5 nights so excited about the photography opportunities.

Sorry to turn this into a photography thread. :-)).

It sort of IS a photography thread. We are all here for the pictures!:)

Amazing pictures. Thank you for posting. I'm afraid I'm just a point-and-shoot kind of person so I get lost in the discussions of how to improve on things with all the settings that are available on my camera.

Since today's cameras have such a large file size, you can't use the CC tool to add them as attachments. I know that many on CC reference that their pictures are actually elsewhere, but they seamlessly show up here in their reviews. What are the mechanics of posting pictures from a site like photobucket or flickr?

You would first create an account at the photo hosting site and upload the photos. For each photo you want to include in a CC post, you would get the URL of the photo (process varies with your browser and photo hosting site) and paste that URL in your CC post using the Insert Image (insertimage.gif) button above.

Ok, so next up is Key West. As I mentioned in my first post, Key West was a rushed day or at least it seemed that way to me. I really enjoy Key West and so I hope they get this a little better organized next time. Maybe arrive at 7AM. It really is a day that you want to spend exploring and enjoying.

We did the trolley hop on hop off thing which is the only way to go IMHO. I've got a few shots from the trolley, some from Hemingway's house and a few sunset shots from the ship.

11101123324_06f2072031_b.jpg

11101213833_e191a43864_b.jpg

11101211973_50459ba64f_b.jpg

11101029475_7d60bf6c64_b.jpg

11101207893_67c5bb5358_b.jpg

11101113384_774865b0d5_b.jpg