Picture Heavy Majesty of the Seas Review

You can also try a lower ISO setting (400 or 200 or even 100) if you can leave your shutter open longer. So maybe a 400 with a one second shutter may do it. Experiment and look at your results on your LCD screen then tweak and try again. Some will turn out, some won't but nowadays our memory sticks hold 100's of shots so who cares if there are a few bad ones. I took 700+ pics on this cruise and if I get 200 really nice ones I'd be thrilled.

One of the main reasons why I love looking at photo reviews is this. Tips on how to improve my picture taking. The pictures are beautiful but the night time pictures are professional quality. I have a nice canon (40D) & still cannot get my pictures to look like this. I will try to lower my ISO hoping to reduce the fuzz. Thanks for posting.

Edited by mdxter

Great shots!! This one is my favorite so far!! So clear and the reflection really adds so much more color. Can't wait to see the rest.

This one (night shot of Majesty in Nassau) is also my favorite. I have a few of Royal's prints of this shot, or something similar - at home, but I think yours is better than theirs!

Your pictures are beautiful. Looks like their right out of a magazine.

I'm especially interested in your review and the pics because the Majesty was my first ever cruise. That's when I got the addiction. Now I will be going on my 10th cruise next week!

A few more Nassau pics but this time taken on our snorkelling tour. I left my polarising filter on my camera to protect then lens from sea spray. In truth, I shouldn't have. It made the pictures unnecessarily dark and I had to do some photo-shopping and fix the levels and brightness in the photos. Next time, I leave the filter on the ship if the seas are this calm.

Excellent camera work OP, thanks for posting!

I generally leave a clear UV filter on my lenses to protect the glass. I don't see that it has any effect on my image quality. With it on there, I just leave the lens cap off and have the camera ready to go at all times.

OK, now this is my new favorite. Let's see if you can surpass this one with some more photos. Please :)

Absolutely! I totally agree, beautiful capture!

I haven't been to Nassau since 2004, thank you for posting those photos which brought back wonderful memories, especially the snorkeling on Rainbow Reef.

Your photo eye is remarkable, keep up the phenomenal work!

Gorgeous shot of the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau, Bahamas. Looking forward to strolling over here during our stop in February. You're pictures are just mesmerizing, so vivid and crystal clear I feel as if I could climb through my computer screen...I'm thinking about it. :rolleyes:

11067685624_710dc4c16e_b.jpg

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

:)This is a great review, we are going on our first RCL curise on the Majesty in Jan. Are the pics of the private island showing the main beach? I had read that there was a snorkel beach and a sand beach.

Thanks!

Yep, the last 5 pictures above are of the main beach. The best snorkelling is off one of those main beaches but it is quite a swim out to the area. There is a plane and sunken boat where you'll see some fish. Not bad but as I said, its a bit of a swim. If you look at the 4th picture above you seen a stand and a brightly covered umbrella way out in the water. That's where the snorkelling is.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

Sorry for another question.. how do we get inline to get of the ship in Key West?

Thanks!

No problem - glad to answer your questions. When you board you will have a muster station on your card something like 005. When you arrive in Key West you'll be called to your lounge area or dining room by muster station numbers. If you're an American I think you'll go to the theatre. All others will go to the starlight dining room.