Cunard Survey

maitai999

Anyone else get the Cunard survey through on email this evening - interesting market research on customers views on introducing new ports etc. Keep QE and QV at Southampton and use P&O for fly cruises in the Med I say.

I just got one through too but as it says that it will take 30-50 minutes to complete, I'm leaving it until tomorrow.

I agree with your idea about using P&O for Med fly cruises. It feels like Cunard only has two ships when the QV or QE spend the summer and autumn in the Med.

Anyone else get the Cunard survey through on email this evening - interesting market research on customers views on introducing new ports etc. Keep QE and QV at Southampton and use P&O for fly cruises in the Med I say.

Completed this morning - very long winded. Interesting to see that they were trailing the idea of a "smaller ship".

J

I would love for Cunard to have a smaller ship, such as HAL's Prinsendam (formally of Cunard).

Well, they are obviously thinking along those lines. There was talk of "a smaller ship"; an "adults only" ship; cruises starting and ending in Liverpool, Newcastle, Harwich and Dover; and also talk of some sort of a "low intensity" itinerary which was shorter than average and had the port calls spaced out with at least one day between them (at least that was how I interpreted it).

I wonder whether, with Britannia scheduled to enter service with P&O next year, we are going to see some redistribution of Carnival tonnage - the three lines mentioned in the survey were Cunard (obviously), P&O, and Princess.

J

Has anyone not in the UK received this survey?

No, I haven't received the survey and I live in North America. I will definitely complete this survey if it is offered as I would like to be proactive in any possible changes in the future. A great opportunity, in my opinion, a bit like voting really, don't complain of any outcomes if you don't vote, but with no guarantees.

No, I haven't received the survey and I live in North America. I will definitely complete this survey if it is offered as I would like to be proactive in any possible changes in the future. A great opportunity, in my opinion, a bit like voting really, don't complain of any outcomes if you don't vote, but with no guarantees.

Write Cunard at Carnival House in UK directly and, when on board, share your feelings with the nice folks at the cruise booking office. That's what I do.

Write Cunard at Carnival House in UK directly and, when on board, share your feelings with the nice folks at the cruise booking office. That's what I do.

I think you have misunderstood the gist of the thread Classiccruiser. I was answering regarding a survey that is being offered by Cunard in the United Kingdom and I was stating that I would be interested in participating if offered to me. For instance, a question may be if I would be interested in more voyages from Liverpool or New York. I would willingly answer these questions, but realise that they might be too complex and time consuming for some. I don't rely on Cunard reading C.C. message boards to get my points across, I, like yourself, would prefer to ask in person or mail or survey.

I have no complaints about Cunard, in fact I wonder how they manage to deliver such a wonderful service at the price.

I got the impression if was for UK only as some of the questions were about interest in sailing from Liverpool, Newcastle, Dover, Harwich and Glasgow as well as Southampton.

They were all multiple choice questions where you "ticked" things like which countries/itineraries for your next cruise, which cruise line you preferred: Cunard, P&O, Princess, Celebrity or RCI. Pages and pages where you were given 3 cruises to choose from: departure port/cruiseline/itinerary/length of cruise/how many sea days and port days, until it was whittled down to your preferred next cruise.

Questions about "WOW" ports, other main ports or lesser well-known ports.

The only chance you got of actually telling them anything was in a small box at the end of the survey.

I wonder to what % of UK WC members they sent this survey out? My husband received one, but I did not. He had the task of spending 40 minutes completing the questions.

Last month we flew BA long haul and I completed a survey for them, I thought that was long at about 10-15 minutes, and it had the option of terminating the survey after certain sections.

I hope Cunard make use of this voluminous information they have gathered!

I think you have misunderstood the gist of the thread Classiccruiser. I was answering regarding a survey that is being offered by Cunard in the United Kingdom and I was stating that I would be interested in participating if offered to me. For instance, a question may be if I would be interested in more voyages from Liverpool or New York. I would willingly answer these questions, but realise that they might be too complex and time consuming for some. I don't rely on Cunard reading C.C. message boards to get my points across, I, like yourself, would prefer to ask in person or mail or survey.

I have no complaints about Cunard, in fact I wonder how they manage to deliver such a wonderful service at the price.

I got the gist but I also don't wait to be asked. I want to have Cunard maintain standards and I proactively do what I can to see that they do.

I haven't, but I'm not surprised: I got the message that North American market is of decreasing importance simply by looking at the deployment of Cunard ships. Carnival Cruise Line seems to have other plans for the North American Market, and Cunard ships will focus elsewhere.

I wonder to what % of UK WC members they sent this survey out? My husband received one, but I did not. He had the task of spending 40 minutes completing the questions.

Last month we flew BA long haul and I completed a survey for them, I thought that was long at about 10-15 minutes, and it had the option of terminating the survey after certain sections.

I hope Cunard make use of this voluminous information they have gathered!

I live in the UK and I haven't received one.

I did it out of interest, I dont think it took more than 15 minutes, I also had the other one as well, re the new loyalty incentives and think they are coming up with some better ideas on that front, at last

I'm glad you said that. I kept quiet because I was beginning to think I'd left a whole raft of questions out.

I'm glad you said that. I kept quiet because I was beginning to think I'd left a whole raft of questions out.

I did as well, it was faster than I thought and then it was over with, didnt really want to know much, the first one was better, re loyalty, packages, free drinks, less parties etc, be interesting to see what comes out of that one

They do read all the messages on here, they never reply to them unlike some shipping lines, but they read them, all of them:)

We would be grateful if you would spare up to 40 minutes of your time to complete the survey attached to the link in this email.

I'm not sure how anyone could have done it in 15 minutes. Are you sure you got to the end? There were dozens of pages to fill in with multiple choices. Sometimes it took me a while to decide my preferences.

We would be grateful if you would spare up to 40 minutes of your time to complete the survey attached to the link in this email.

I'm not sure how anyone could have done it in 15 minutes. Are you sure you got to the end? There were dozens of pages to fill in with multiple choices. Sometimes it took me a while to decide my preferences.

Took no more than 20 minuites Max, so 15/20 minuites, and yes got through too the end, im entered into the draw so must have finished it :)

does look like they maybe doing voyages from Liverpool

Edited by rob6852

• 2 weeks later...

Another Cunard survey received today - this time on in-cabin TV programmes. Which type you watch, which hours you watch, interest in "On Demand" programmes with a possible fee.

Anyone in the USA received these surveys?

So many of the Cunard cruises cover Europe , it would seem that they are only interested in the views of the European consumers.

As far as the TV one is concerned, I feel Cunard do not do a good job on information.

They show films, but on QM2 there is no printed program (other lines produce a print out that covers those films being shown during your particular cruise, with channel, time etc)

On the QM2 no one knows which film is being shown on which channel or at what time, unless they sit down with pen and paper and scroll the menu on TV.

I think I have put this matter on every end of cruise survey of every cruise I have down, but nothing has changed in over 21 cruises, so I assume the surveys are filed in the garbage bin.