Clearwater Beach/Elbow Beach?

dvond

I have heard a few things but not alot, has anyone that has been there let me know what it is like, we have 2 days in Bermuda, HB one day and not sure what to do 2nd beach day on vacation w/o kids.

Was also thinking about Elbow beach

I haven't been to Clearwater Beach, but the only significant negative I've heard about it is that it's a pain in the neck to get to. You have to go to St. George's (45 minute ferry ride from Dockyard if that's where your ship is berthed ) and then take a #6 bus that doesn't run very often (or take a taxi from St. George's).

Clearwater is more 'away from it all' but the price is that you'll spend over half the day getting there and back. With only 2 days, that's a lot of time wasted.

Elbow is a nice beach, only a fairly short walk from the no. 7 bus route.

Or take the St George's ferry and go to Tobacco Bay - more crowded, but you can walk through historic St Georges - IMO, it'd be a crime to miss that.

Thank you all, we have been to Tobacco Bay as well as few times but thinking a ton of kids will be there on that small beach we were looking to get away from that a bit, was thinking of the day pass at Elbow Beach resort

Thank you all, we have been to Tobacco Bay as well as few times but thinking a ton of kids will be there on that small beach we were looking to get away from that a bit, was thinking of the day pass at Elbow Beach resort

Have you considered going to John Smith's Bay Beach on the South Shore? It does not get crowded with tourists. There are toilets, and a vendor with snacks & soda, in season. You can snorkel there, too.

To get there, you would take a ferry to Hamilton and then a route #1 or #3 bus. You can take either bus, but I believe the #1 will get you closer to the Beach .Travel time for the bus is about 25 minutes.

Here's a YouTube video of JSBB:

SBtS

Clearwater Beach and Elbow Beach are two very different beaches. I have been to both more than once. Next to the public park at Clearwater Beach there is a beach bar. I recommend going there. The folks who work there are very nice and have all sorts of stuff to rent. They will even call you a cab when you want to go home. As stated, it is a manmade beach and is more like a bay. The sand is not the beautiful pink sand of Bermuda. I would recommend Clearwater if you want to Visit St. Georges (which is the real Bermuda imo) and then spend time at a beach.

Elbow Beach is part of the pink sand beaches. As you know, there is a very expensive hotel on Elbow beach. I don't know anything about day passes. BUT there is a small section of Elbow beach with no facilities that is open to the public. The waves are very rough and you need to know how to swim in the ocean as there are no lifeguards. If you go to Elbow Beach you can walk over the the EB Hotel and have lunch there. The cost is outrageous, but it is much cheaper than a day pass.

Clearwater Beach and Elbow Beach are two very different beaches. I have been to both more than once. Next to the public park at Clearwater Beach there is a beach bar. I recommend going there. The folks who work there are very nice and have all sorts of stuff to rent. They will even call you a cab when you want to go home. As stated, it is a manmade beach and is more like a bay. The sand is not the beautiful pink sand of Bermuda. I would recommend Clearwater if you want to Visit St. Georges (which is the real Bermuda imo) and then spend time at a beach.

Yes there is a beach bar but in conjunction with St. George I recommend over Clearwater, John Smith's Bay which SailBadtheSinner mentioned in the previous post because John Smith's is a pink sand beach. A nice day is to do John Smith's in the AM, then head for St. George but stop on the way and have lunch and drinks at the original Swizzle Inn.

Edited by Charles4515