Busy Port Day

MVoelker

Truth is that over the course of 365 days that the average number of cruise ships in St Thomas in port per day is about 1 1/2.

During peak season December through April the average is closer to 3 a day.

Now if you want to hang out in front of the concession stand at Magens the beach can be crowded with one ship in port. Magens Bay is a big beach; walk down to the other end and there is lots of room even with 6 ships in port.

I am new to cruise critic. How do you know the number of ships that will be in port on a certain day? I will be in St Thomas on June 4th

How do you find anything on the internet???? I would try googling St Thomas cruise ship schedule.

There will be three ships in port on June 4th.

I have been to St Thomas in the past with 9 ships in! There were several tendered. yuk. I am always surprised how the safari buses and taxis keep up with the throngs of people. But... a word of warning even with only 4 ships in. The main streets get VERY congested as the sail time approaches. Leave yourself more than enough time to get back. We have seen whole families left behind. Happy sailing! Headed to St Thomas soon myself!:D

Does anyone have a photo of what busy/crowded looks like at Magen's Bay? Is there still enough room for the kids to play and build sand castles or are we talking pretty tight. I don't mind walking further down the beach for some space.

Does anyone have a photo of what busy/crowded looks like at Magen's Bay? Is there still enough room for the kids to play and build sand castles or are we talking pretty tight. I don't mind walking further down the beach for some space.

Magens Bay is 2/3 mile long. There is plenty of room for everyone even on the busiest cruise ship day.........just not in front of the concession stand where everyone (tourists) congregate.

Walk left away from the concession stand and you will find plenty of empty beach for your kids to frolic......and there is a restroom further done also.

Magens Bay is 2/3 mile long. There is plenty of room for everyone even on the busiest cruise ship day.........just not in front of the concession stand where everyone (tourists) congregate.

Walk left away from the concession stand and you will find plenty of empty beach for your kids to frolic......and there is a restroom further done also.

Thanks. When I hear crowded, I just want to make sure we're not talking about this: image.jpg.ca65739f56f7df6047d31dbf3b245ab2.jpg