Key West - Shuttle when docking at Outer Mole pier

rhohea

I know when docking at the Outer Mole port passengers/crew etc must take the shuttle from the ship to the town area.

What I want to know is the name of the cross streets that the shuttle drops at.

Having been there once I know there is a large Souvenir type store beside the stop but cannot remember which corner it is on or the name of it.

Thanks in advance.:)

Rhonda

How can you determine where the ship will dock in Key West, or any port for that matter? I can't locate this information on the Oceania web site.Will be on the Regatta stopping in Key West in late March and if we need to take shuttle this will need to be known when scheduling the time for an excursion.

Thanks

I know when docking at the Outer Mole port passengers/crew etc must take the shuttle from the ship to the town area.

What I want to know is the name of the cross streets that the shuttle drops at.

Having been there once I know there is a large Souvenir type store beside the stop but cannot remember which corner it is on or the name of it.

Thanks in advance.:)

Rhonda

I think it was Market Square near Duvall st

I know there was a museum there but very congested area where the shuttle drops you

There is an old boat on the sidewalk near the drop off that might be a place to meet up

i-CNqFFqK-M.jpg

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

How can you determine where the ship will dock in Key West, or any port for that matter? I can't locate this information on the Oceania web site.Will be on the Regatta stopping in Key West in late March and if we need to take shuttle this will need to be known when scheduling the time for an excursion.

Thanks

You can find it on the cruise ship schedule

http://www.cityofkeywest-fl.gov/egov/documents/1398358097_72207.htm

Looks like you will be at Mallory Square which is close to the city centre

http://www.cityofkeywest-fl.gov/egov/apps/services/index.egov?view=detail;id=86

I think the smaller ships dock at Mallory Square but the Riviera & Marina dock at the Outer Mole port.

The shuttle stops on the corner of Front & Duval Streets. DH found it when went walk about tonight (on the computer that is) when booking our hotel in Key West.

Lyn - We docked last year on Riviera at the Outer Mole and I will be again next month. Y don't you & DH join us :D

"very congested area where the shuttle drops you" - this is good - remember this is a surprise visit to try to help someone special to us.;)

I think the smaller ships dock at Mallory Square but the Riviera & Marina dock at the Outer Mole port.

The shuttle stops on the corner of Front & Duval Streets. DH found it when went walk about tonight (on the computer that is) when booking our hotel in Key West.

Lyn - We docked last year on Riviera at the Outer Mole and I will be again next month. Y don't you & DH join us :D

"very congested area where the shuttle drops you" - this is good - remember this is a surprise visit to try to help someone special to us.;)

I wish we could join you :(

I hope you can find your friend just wait until the crowd clears & they will still be standing looking around :D

Say HI for us

Lyn

• 8 months later...

Have a concern about shuttles - heard that there are very few wheelchair accessible ones, so thinking that will limit the time we have to enjoy KW. Is it possible to get a taxi at the Outer Mole dock? Or MUST we take the shuttle? Don't mind paying for the taxi, as it would be more convenient.

We have docked at both - on two ships of roughly the same size, the Regent Mariner and Oceania's Riviera.

The Pier B /Mallory Square dock is far more convenient to the centre of town. I suppose the shuttle bus takes about 10 mins to take people from the Navy base to the drop off in the centre but it doesn't run constantly. We had to wait about 20 mins for one. Not a major issue though.

If anyone has suggestions about nice things to do there I would be grateful. Have been there twice before and have yet to find something I like! (Except shop...)

We have docked at both - on two ships of roughly the same size, the Regent Mariner and Oceania's Riviera.

The Pier B /Mallory Square dock is far more convenient to the centre of town. I suppose the shuttle bus takes about 10 mins to take people from the Navy base to the drop off in the centre but it doesn't run constantly. We had to wait about 20 mins for one. Not a major issue though.

If anyone has suggestions about nice things to do there I would be grateful. Have been there twice before and have yet to find something I like! (Except shop...)

Hemmingway house tour was nice...we also took the trolly tour ..which gave a nice view of the area.

HI. my wife and I lived here for a a year and a half while in the air force. there was not much to then,1969, except what young married people do. I don't think there will be much to do now either except maybe take the conch train tour that we could not afford on air force pay back then. maybe we can find the places that we lived while there. alan