Entertainment news

bitob

Just wanted to mention that not all of the "shows" are musical. On Insignia in September, there was a magician, comedian and I forget what/who else. I found the entertainment on Insignia to be a little more low keyed than what I had experienced on my past 3 years of sailing on Marina, but maybe I was just imagining that.

I seem to remember the entertainers to be the same on the R-ships & the O class ships other than the production numbers they were solo performers

Magician, Juggler, musician etc

I just hope they do not have the raunchy comedians like on the main stream line :eek:

I'm with you, Hambagahle - I seldom go to a show, so I could care less what they do! I'm usually reading up about the next day's adventure.

I'm curious, however, as to what the "different" management comment by freightgoddess means! Umm...how different?!

Oceania is a high end line - NCL, not so much.

Re entertainment, on Marina last year, the "production shows" were very weak. The singers were not very good and the dancing was just ok. The music selections were ok. We walked out after a few minutes. I forget most of the other evening entertainment, but not brilliant. They did bring some local (Polynesian) dancers on board. Those were the best shows. We have sailed on Azamara, which uses R class ships, but far superior shows.

Years ago on a TA on Insignia they had two guys who sang in West End musicals. They did several shows and were great. Best entertainment we've seen on O. No need for costumes, props etc in order to have good entertainment.

Haven't been to a show on the last several cruises we have done. Occasionally pass by the lounge to check it out but it's almost painful so we don't stay.

Mo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree

Only entertainment worth our time

Always superb

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just goes to show you that each person is different. I suppose the string quartet members are technically quite good, but when they played, I kept walking! Just not my thing. I'm more of a rock and roll, folk music kind of person, I guess! One of the few things I liked about our 2 Caribbean cruises on Celebrity was the rock/folk duo.

I'm more of a rock and roll, folk music kind of person, I guess! One of the few things I liked about our 2 Caribbean cruises on Celebrity was the rock/folk duo.

You should try one of the rock n roll themed cruises then

You will be rocked out in a week :D

Edited by LHT28

I have a feeling it would be more like 2 days! Then I'd be hiding in my stateroom....

:D we did one it was not that bad ;)

We enjoy most types of music except Rap, heavy metal & Opera :)

Edited by LHT28

I LOVE the String quartet - when boarding (makes it feel so special) and at tea time. Just fantastic. It reminds me of my childhood, sitting having tea with a string quartet playing at Meikles Hotel. (Rhodesia). Days of elegance that are rarely found today.

I have a feeling it would be more like 2 days! Then I'd be hiding in my stateroom....

Your stateroom wouldn't necessarily help you on Celebrity.

I remember an evening where the band played in the Atrium till midnight. While the music was OK, it went on too long (and too loud). I could not go to sleep in my mid ship cabin due to the noise :mad: