Life Promotion Fare but No Air?

vakamalua

Absolutely. We are doing that for our April Panama Canal cruise. We both needed to get to Los Angeles but I wanted to see a friend there so going in early. My cruising partner lives in Miami so did not need air home and got a ticket out to the LAX for about what the air credit was and I used miles to come home from MIA. We still wanted our OBC and Internet. I do love this option. Have a great cruise. Julia

:confused: So, why would anyone choose the "Cruise Only" fare ?

It would make sense to someone who:

1 gets their own air (buys it or uses miles)

2 Does DIY tours thus does not need included excursions

3 Does not drink so does not need that package

4 gets enough OBC from TA or as a Club benefit and has no use for more OBC (no drinking/no shorex). Also gets PPG from TA or Club benefit - no use for OBC.

5 No need or no interest in unlimited Internet

Hence - this cruiser will save money on the cruise fare and not pay for things he/she does not need or will not use

This can describe some but probably not too many cruisers. It's nice to have it as an option for those who may benefit from it - choices are always good :)

Confused-- if we choose to take the Life promotion fare, can we ask for an air credit instead of included air AND still keep the other items such as unlimited internet and the shore excursion offer?

Absolutely. We usually find that to be the best choice, particularly if you intend to use FF points to purchase or offset the cost of business class on your preferred airline and extend your pre/post cruise land visits.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums