Decisions, decisions... Rhapsody Suite?

I cannot seem to decide if I want to splurge on a Grand Suite to surprise my husband for our 5th Wedding Anniversary. I currently have an Aft Balcony booked (7660 on Rhapsody of the Seas--it appears to be a great cabin!) for our trip in January 2019. A Junior Suite would be nice for the double points, since we aren't yet Diamond. The Grand Suite is $500 more than the Junior Suite, and the Junior Suite is $480 more than what I am paying for the Balcony. So, for $980 more, I could book a Grand Suite--I would be able to surprise the heck out of my husband (we will be onboard for our actual anniversary), we would get double points, and we would get to enjoy the Concierge Lounge. Since there are 4 ports on this 7 night itinerary, I'm confident the Concierge Lounge access in the evenings would enable us to get by without having to purchase the drink package (also a factor in maybe skipping over the Junior Suite for the Grand Suite). We've never had a room bigger than a Balcony, and this trip will be our ninth cruise, all on Royal. We are loyal to Royal, and are looking forward to the day we will be Diamond C & A members).

Here's my dilemma...the price on the Grand Suite has gone up $223 (if I take into account the OBC that was offered since I first debated this). So, I'll admit, I feel a little cheated. No biggie, but I take pride in always hunting down the "best deal", lol. Has anyone ever booked two different rooms for the same cruise to "buy some time" to make a decision? Is that even possible to do? The Grand Suite is $3288 for 7 nights for the both of us, total. That includes the tax and port fees. Even though it's gone up a little, it does seem to be a good price(?). I'd hate to give up my Aft Balcony, and end up regretting it. On the other hand, I can't quite let go of this obsession I am having over the Grand Suite. I'd welcome any input that may help me decide what to do. I'm also wondering about the Grand Suites being under the WindJammer--are there any of these cabins that would be more quiet and more desirable than others?

IMHO - I LOVE suites - but once you go suite you don't want to go back.

Remember - Suites - 2 points per night per guest (which will help you reach your goal a little faster).

IMHO - we bust our butts working throughout the year and when we vacation, we want it to be really nice and we splurge on ourselves for that cruise each year. Cruises are fabulous regardless of your cabin - you aren't going to be spending much time in there. If it doesn't break the budget - go for the suite - Grand Suite (be sure to keep price checking on those special site).

Whatever your decision, please let us know.

Do it quick, cause the price will keep going up. I had booked an inside on rhapsody for Nov. Just gonna be a filler cruise cause u can't wait til march. well in Jan it's was only 600 more to go suite(pp), None are available now,and the price went up 1400 more pp

I had a GS under the Windjammer on Vision (GS 8012) and I heard very little noise from above. My only issue with the Windjammer was the day they washed the windows the water flowed down onto my balcony, but my cabin attendant quickly cleaned that up.

For me, the comfort and perks associated with a GS are worth the money (and I'm paying that awful single supplement.)

• 3 weeks later...

We love aft balconies....especially the corner ones on Rhapsody/Vision.

Been in a GS before......would not give up $1000 and the aft for a GS on a 7 night cruise.

Now an OS.....definitely!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We love aft balconies....especially the corner ones on Rhapsody/Vision.

Been in a GS before......would not give up $1000 and the aft for a GS on a 7 night cruise.

Now an OS.....definitely!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input. We've been in a corner aft on Vision. We couldn't get the corner on Rhapsody, so I settled for the center aft. You make a great point...we already have a really nice cabin. To give it up, plus $1K is something to seriously consider. $1K would pay for drink packages for both of us, or it would go a long way in covering excursions, tips, and any other charges we may encounter on the trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in GS 8006 in April and heard very little noise from the Windjammer, nothing that woke us up. The concierge lounge was a great place to sit and enjoy an evening drink. Ligia and Lucy looked after us very well.

I say go for it. Its your Anniversary and would be a lovely surprise.

The Concierge lounge on Rhapsody is lovely, beautiful ocean views floor to ceiling and very relaxing. We were just on her in May, Alan was our Concierge, he was fantastic.

Good luck with your decision...

I say go for it. Its your Anniversary and would be a lovely surprise.

The Concierge lounge on Rhapsody is lovely, beautiful ocean views floor to ceiling and very relaxing. We were just on her in May, Alan was our Concierge, he was fantastic.

Good luck with your decision...

Thanks so much for your input! I am hung up on the "surprise" aspect! It would be very exciting to see my Dear Husband's reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums