Live from Anthem | June 17, 17 - June 22, 17 | Bermuda!

Gooooood morning/afternoon/evening/night/whatever it is where you are and thank you for stopping in to check my live (hopefully) trip report on the beautiful Anthem of the Seas. This will be my third cruise, third time on Anthem, and second time visiting Bermuda. I will be traveling with my family. The first time we have ever sailed together was last year at this time on the 5-night trip to Bermuda. Everyone enjoyed it so much that the opportunity to get back on board could not be passed up. So, after an approximately one year wait, here we are again ready for another journey.

The room: We were able to book the same three rooms that we travelled in last year, 6552, 6554, and 6556. Unfortunately, due to some picky traveler, my brother and I won’t get the same exact room because of the bed locations. These balcony rooms are located by the forward stairs/elevators and are totally unobstructed. Location is key here as it is only one deck and a short hop away from my favorite place, the Schooner Bar! The only real noise I can recall was the“banshee toilet” that was located in the common restrooms the deck below. Boy could that thing scream.

Onboard plans: Though this is my third time on Anthem I have yet to partake in many of the more physical activities. iFly reservations were unavailable during last year’s trip and when my brother and I sailed together in March we were slightly caught up in contemplating the next drink at the Schooner Bar. This time it shall happen. I am also hoping to try out the bumper cars upon embarkation to beat the lines. We have Northstar booked and will be doing it on a sea day… bummer. Being up in that bubble while in port gives you so much more to see.

Our group booked the BOGO dining plan which we will attend to on the first and second nights. The plan is to hit up Jamie’s Italian and Wonderland, both of which are delicious. Two of my family members are extremely picky so Wonderland will be a tough task for them. If I haven’t mentioned it yet there is a place on the ship called the Schooner Bar. My brother and I will spend most of our time there playing trivia and hanging out with our favorite bartender. Expect many updates on how far we haven’t moved from the barstools.

Port Days: We don’t have any excursions planned so the idea is to wing it and sightsee. Last year we spent some time in Hamilton and didn’t get to check out St. George’s. Our plan is to ferry over to St. George’s first and attempt to get to Hamilton in the evening after grabbing a bite back on board. Day 2 will likely come down to half of the squad going to the beach while the bro and I hit the links… at Bermuda Fun Golf. It looks like a fun miniature golf course and is not something I have seen around at all.

I hope to be able to answer questions people may have and fill the void for those of you who have an upcoming trip on Anthem or have just recently hopped off. I have some ideas of things to put into my post every once in a while, so I hope you will enjoy!

6556 is my favorite cabin!

Bon Voyage!

Ill be in 6556 this time. Was in 554 last year, so I hope I can find my way around the room without stubbing my toes on anything.

We will be on her for the New England/Canada cruise this fall. We have a special needs daughter who will be traveling with us and loves to be involved. Can you find out if there are any limits on the bumper cars (can 2 ride in it together?) and the Ifly. She loves roller coasters so she will be all about suiting up.

We leave for this same itinerary in 4 weeks - my son and his gf return home tomorrow from the 9nt sailing, so I look forward to hearing all about the ship from them. This is the shortest cruise we'll have done. We did a 7nt to Bermuda on NCL Breakaway and loved the two overnights we had. Our plans are hitting one of their lovely beaches on day one, and staying local to the port day two.

Looking forward to your review.... happy sails :tropical-drink:

We will be on her for the New England/Canada cruise this fall. We have a special needs daughter who will be traveling with us and loves to be involved. Can you find out if there are any limits on the bumper cars (can 2 ride in it together?) and the Ifly. She loves roller coasters so she will be all about suiting up.

From their website regarding iFly:

"RipCord by iFLY will be complimentary for guests and likely mirror land-based guidelines: Flyers may be as young as three years of age. There is no upper age limit. All flyers must be in good health and physical condition. Those less than 6 feet tall must weigh less than 230 lbs, and those over 6 feet must weigh less than 250 lbs. Children under 18 years of age need to have a parent or guardian to sign their waiver. If you have a prior shoulder dislocation or back or neck problems you should not fly."

There is also a "training course" prior to entering.

As far as bumper cars go I remember seeing parents riding with young children. Will check into it a bit more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh I can already tell this is going to be a GREAT review! Sailing this voyage in Sept. 3rd time on Anthem, anxious to hear all the new dirt.

(Ifly was a little hard for me. I'm glad I did it, but I'm a 50 something, not athletic, and you need upper body strength. However, the spotters/trainers were fantastic and won't let you fail.)

XJokerX have a wonderful time with your family and friends. Smooth sailing and Bon Voyage!

Oh I can already tell this is going to be a GREAT review! Sailing this voyage in Sept. 3rd time on Anthem, anxious to hear all the new dirt.

(Ifly was a little hard for me. I'm glad I did it, but I'm a 50 something, not athletic, and you need upper body strength. However, the spotters/trainers were fantastic and won't let you fail.)

XJokerX have a wonderful time with your family and friends. Smooth sailing and Bon Voyage!

I might have to train by walking up from my muster station up to the bridge wings for sail away.

Anyway I have made progress (it's empty).

f32677296779b12f6e3a57eff09fe7ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums