Type and number of power outlets on Jewel in JS

Hello all - trying to decide which chargers to take. We would like to know how many outlets of each type - US and EU (UK?? We don't think so but maybe?) there are (usually) in a JS on Jewel.

We know we can rotate which items are charging, but we have four phones (two US and two UK) that we like to keep on us when in port, plus a DSLR camera with two battery packs, and then there are the readers and the laptop for work, so really, practically speaking on a port-heavy sailing, many things will be charging simultaneously in the evenings and we would like to bring the optimum combination of plugs. (I know we can't take outlet strips, so I will need to use all available outlets, probably. I count 10 items that need to be charged.)

Anyway if I have the information I need I can decide what works best for us.

You might consider something like this...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C6MYZL4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's small and offers plenty of ports.

That looks good. I have a similar thing already which is a single outlet and a little octopus of cords coming out. This looks more flexible though.

The only thing to be aware of. If they have built in surge protectors ,they might confiscate them. That's why I suggested a power bar without a surge protectors. Surge protectors cause problems with the ships electrical system . They have caused fires on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The only thing to be aware of. If they have built in surge protectors ,they might confiscate them. That's why I suggested a power bar without a surge protectors. Surge protectors cause problems with the ships electrical system . They have caused fires on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yeah. I don't want to drag one across Europe only to have it confiscated. So I plan to bring a few plugs with multiple USB ports.

That whole surge protection thing is interesting. While on Rhapsody I saw several surgery protected strips being used by the crew. What's up with that?

Our cabin fridge.

394d89e037caaf2290f1fb408342ae50.jpg

Also the trivia sound system had one with a US style plug.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Edited by John&LaLa

That whole surgery protection thing is interesting. While on Rhapsody I saw several surgery protected strips being used by the crew. What's up with that?

Our cabin fridge.

394d89e037caaf2290f1fb408342ae50.jpg

Also the trivia sound system had one with a US style plug.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

It's frankly inexplicable. Why don't they put more dang outlets in the cabins? This is 2017, for heaven's sake, and Jewel was built in 2004. Three outlets? It's crazy.

I take a 4 UK plug extension without surge protection and have never had a problem getting it on. I then use a Multi USB adapter for our phones & Tablets. This frees up the remaining plugs for Battery chargers or anything else.

I take a 4 UK plug extension without surge protection and have never had a problem getting it on. I then use a Multi USB adapter for our phones & Tablets. This frees up the remaining plugs for Battery chargers or anything else.

Great information! Thanks!!